Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2011, 12:07 PM

1,319 posts, read 4,249,827 times

Advertisements

Hey guys,
Any of you guys have experience with these two condos in north Brooklyn?

Jcondo at 100 Jay st
Brooklyn Gold at 257 Gold st

These two are on my short list to rent at Brooklyn for a year. Thank you for your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2011, 06:11 AM

64 posts, read 109,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babo111 View Post
Hey guys,
Any of you guys have experience with these two condos in north Brooklyn?

Jcondo at 100 Jay st
Brooklyn Gold at 257 Gold st

These two are on my short list to rent at Brooklyn for a year. Thank you for your time.
I am interested in hearing about these two condos as well. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 04-10-2011, 02:28 PM

Here's my update gnny. I spent some time online surfing to see what people say and then visited myself.

What people said...
Brooklyn Gold:
- Area is eh, good price for finishes inside are nice. But staff (except doorman) are not friendly or too smart and little pompous.
- Subways are not nearby
- Good building to spend time indoor but not out as nearest store is at least couple blocks away.

Jcondo:
- Location is great. Very good finish and spacious.
- Price is stiff
- Great building to spend time indoor and outdoor.

This is my summary of the two buildings I've visted.

Brooklyn Gold:
Bring a real estate agent with you, you can find a bunch online that'll show you this place for no fee as they will collect from Brooklyn Gold. Brooklyn Gold's leasing agents are not helpful much at all. I agree with what some folks were saying about Brklyn Gold's leasing agents being bit pompous, not helpful, and not try to really sell anything. It was more of factoryline, let's shove many people as possible through the door till someone likes the place enough to apply.

For example, the particular agent I was with was like hey lemme show you around the roof deck but as our 15 min tour of the place ended. We were brought back to leasing office and given forms then let out. When I asked can we see the roof deck, agent's response was take the elevator to top floor its open to everyone. Agent didn't come with us or let alone walk us to elevator, agent pretty much cut our tour short so they can meet with next visitor. Also agent wouldn't even bring us into fitness center or residents' lounge unless we asked specifically. We were walked out side and there were some arm motions like 'here' you can see. So we asked and then we were let in to check it out up close and personal.

Definitely don't do any favor to Brooklyn Gold and bring your own agent.

Overall. I definitely agree inside is nice but outside needs more work and nearest subway is 7-10 min away. Also stores aren't nearby and you probably want to avoid Farragut apts area at late night that's north of Brooklyn Gold.

Jcondo:
If possible, bite the bullet and bring your own agent (who you will pay fee for). Jcondo's leasing agent is probably worse than Brooklyn Condo. Because their studio is occupied, they can only show during the weekday which is understandable. So I asked if I can see 1 bed to get a feel for what it's like even though 1 bed is clearly out of my budget. Their leasing agent pretty much blew me off and told me I can check it out myself. Let the doorman know and he will give you key.

So I went by myself and checked it out myself. Place is great, even better finish than Brooklyn Gold and definitely luxurious. Outside is just as great since few steps away are stores and heart of DUMBO. Price is definitely a point of contention though. I think 2.5k is what they are asking for for studio and if you find an owner, it's around 2.3-2.4k. Pretty pricey but it is in great area.

Hope this helps. But really the leasing agents for both buildings are poor. I thought I'd be getting more friendlier agent but that is not the case at all. They have no motivation to help you.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:44 PM

988 posts, read 3,255,638 times
I heard that Brooklyn Gold had some shoddy construction issues; I can't find the website but it was a Brooklyn community-type forum.

Old 04-10-2011, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latikeriii View Post
I heard that Brooklyn Gold had some shoddy construction issues; I can't find the website but it was a Brooklyn community-type forum.
I've read something along the line that there's frequent but quick repairs.

Old 05-02-2012, 08:13 AM

1 posts, read 1,341 times
I live in Brooklyn Gold.
I suggest to stay away from that building. It is by Tillary St (exit from BQE) and across from Fire department and Police Department. Throughout the night you hear trucks, sirens, honks, etc.
even during the night, room is never dark because of all the cars passing by.
I had sleeping issues there. everything is brand new, but space is so small.
If you are to enjoy the city life, it may be worth it. but i am much happier in farther but quiet neighborhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City