Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2012, 10:37 AM

12,380 posts, read 26,856,553 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nykiddo718718 View Post
Any projections on start/completion dates for some of these projects?
Most of the projections are on hold like the I-287 Railway line / Stewart Air link and the Lower Manhattan Rail Access due to funding , the Hell Gate & West Side line should open by 2020..... Most of the proposals above just need funding....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2012, 01:10 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY2ATL2NY View Post
If Im Not mistaken 205 St was NOT the planned terminal of the D when it was built...Thats why is curves to te East to Line up Along Gun hill rd roughly and go across it to Coop City with transfers to the 2/5/5 at White plains and esplanade...The tunnel dead ends which cud easily be extended and jus terminate D at Bedford park...Until the extension is finished...with the peak hour express along concourse and The 24 hr run along cpw bronx residents would love it im sure
It was originally intended to go across Burke Avenue, not Gun Hill Road, though Gun Hill Road would make more sense, being the bigger street.

Also, I think Bedford Park Blvd is technically the terminal. I think that's where they do the crew changes and everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
RPA , some from MTA wishlists and Purchase orders are placed in Railroad Magazines...
Yes, that's the point. Their wishlist. It doesn't mean they actually plan on implementing these proposals any time soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal. View Post
Separate the A train into : Manhattan A and Brooklyn/Queen A
While that would be nice as far as reliability goes, I don't see the point in that.

Quote:
North Shore Light Rail
St. George
Ball Park
New Brighton
Livingston
West Brighton
Port Richmond
Elm Park / Morningstar
Mariners Harbor
Arlington
Forest Ave
Goethals Road
Bloomfield
Lois Lane
Teleport
West Shore Plaza

Bayonne Link
Hoboken Terminal
Pavonia-Newport
Harsimus Cove
Harborside Financial Center
Exchange Place
Essex Street
Marin Boulevard
Jersey Ave
Liberty State Park
Canal Crossing
Richard Street
Danforth Avenue
45th Street
34th Street
22nd Street
8th Street
Forest Ave
Graniteville
Bulls Head
Richmond Ave & Travis
Staten Island Mall
Richmond Ave & Arthur Kill Road
Richmond Ave & Katan Ave
Eltingville‎ - SIRT
Richmond Ave & Sycamore Street
Richmond Ave & Hylan Boulevard
For the North Shore Rail, that should be a friggin' heavy rail line. They're going to compromise the ability to link up the line to Manhattan just to serve a little office park that's like 50% vacant??????? That makes absolutely no sense and I brought that up at the meetings.

As for the light rail, you have to have more current sources. They already said the preferred alignment was to have it run down the MLK, SIE, and WSE expressways. It doesn't make much of a difference to me, since I live near the northern end of the line, but the Richmond Avenue makes a lot more sense than having it run down undeveloped land on the West Shore (and don't say it will spur development because half of it is industrial land and the other half is the former landfill)

As for ther Bayonne Link, all the NJ stations are current.

Quote:
Most of the projections are on hold like the I-287 Railway line / Stewart Air link and the Lower Manhattan Rail Access due to funding , the Hell Gate & West Side line should open by 2020..... Most of the proposals above just need funding....
Look, it would be nice to have all those projects (and they are definitely needed), but we know those aren't going to happen within the next 10 years, especially considering that half of them haven't even had any of the required meetings or anything.

Old 05-06-2012, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
It was originally intended to go across Burke Avenue, not Gun Hill Road, though Gun Hill Road would make more sense, being the bigger street.

Also, I think Bedford Park Blvd is technically the terminal. I think that's where they do the crew changes and everything.

Yes, that's the point. Their wishlist. It doesn't mean they actually plan on implementing these proposals any time soon.

While that would be nice as far as reliability goes, I don't see the point in that.

For the North Shore Rail, that should be a friggin' heavy rail line. They're going to compromise the ability to link up the line to Manhattan just to serve a little office park that's like 50% vacant??????? That makes absolutely no sense and I brought that up at the meetings.

As for the light rail, you have to have more current sources. They already said the preferred alignment was to have it run down the MLK, SIE, and WSE expressways. It doesn't make much of a difference to me, since I live near the northern end of the line, but the Richmond Avenue makes a lot more sense than having it run down undeveloped land on the West Shore (and don't say it will spur development because half of it is industrial land and the other half is the former landfill)

As for ther Bayonne Link, all the NJ stations are current.

Look, it would be nice to have all those projects (and they are definitely needed), but we know those aren't going to happen within the next 10 years, especially considering that half of them haven't even had any of the required meetings or anything.
Did you even brother looking at the first post i said over the next 40-50 years...

Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 PM

3,921 posts, read 9,129,932 times
Quote:
Did you even brother looking at the first post i said over the next 40-50 years...
Yes, I brothered to read your first post, and I still highly doubt they're going to do those things in the next 40-50 years. There hasn't been a whole lot of expansion during the past 40-50 years, and you see how long it's taken to build the SAS (aside from the fact that it's been on the table since the 1920s, and they did construction in the 1970s, it's projected to take like 10 years just for the first phase to open up)

Old 05-06-2012, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by checkmatechamp13 View Post
Yes, I brothered to read your first post, and I still highly doubt they're going to do those things in the next 40-50 years. There hasn't been a whole lot of expansion during the past 40-50 years, and you see how long it's taken to build the SAS (aside from the fact that it's been on the table since the 1920s, and they did construction in the 1970s, it's projected to take like 10 years just for the first phase to open up)
All but 6 of those use Existing preserved ROW , only 10 cost a billion or more so it is plausible to seem them all get built. I do see at least all the Commuter and LRT lines getting built...

Old 05-08-2012, 06:05 AM

The Station by Station Guide to go with the list...Current , Under Construction or Proposed Stations

Part 4 of 5 lists...

7 Train to Chelsea
Flushing - Main Street
Mets – Willets Point
111th Street
103rd Street – Corona Plaza
Junction Boulevard
90th Street – Elmhurst Avenue
82nd Street – Jackson Heights
74th Street – Broadway
69th Street
Woodside – 61st Street
52nd Street
46th Street – Bliss Street
40th Street – Lowery Street
33rd Street – Rawson Street
Queensboro Plaza
Court Square
Hunters Point Avenue
Vernon Boulevard – Jackson Avenue
Grand Central
Fifth Avenue – Bryant Park
Times Square
10th Avenue
34th Street
23rd Street

Eastern Queens Regional Rail Access

110 Avenue - Atlantic Branch
Foch Boulevard - Atlantic Branch
Francis Lewis Boulevard - Main Line
Farmers Boulevard - Babylon Branch

Rockaway Beach LIRR line
Grand Central or Penn Station
Sunnyside
Woodside
Parkside
Brooklyn Manor
Woodhaven Junction
Ozone Park
Howard Beach
Rockaway Park

West Hempstead Branch extension
New York Penn Station
Sunnyside JCT
Woodside
Forest Hills
Kew Gardens
Jamaica
Saint Albans
Farmers Boulevard
Valley Stream
Westwood
Malverne
Lakeview
Hempstead Gardens
West Hempstead
Cathedral Ave
Country Life Press
East Garden City
Nassau University Medical Center - Carman Ave
Levittown
Stewart Ave
Farmingdale - Main Street
North Lindenhurst

Babylon

Old 05-08-2012, 08:07 AM

6 posts, read 7,916 times
I would love to see more subway lines going deeper into queens, have never been a fan of buses. Manhattan already has more than enough subway love, give some much needed relief to our brothers and sisters in the outer boroughs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City