Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2012, 05:50 PM

106,707 posts, read 108,913,061 times

Advertisements

nay nay my friend ,the differences are not irrelevant just because you didnt know there was a difference and posted that wrong info.

just the opposite ,the differences are huge if your a landlord. they have different rules , over seeing bodies and effect different people.

now one will like you any less if you just say thank you , i wasnt aware of that. we all learn stuff every day ,thats the beauty of these forums,we all have our areas of expertise we know.

but to pretend that it doesnt matter that you tried to dis-credit what was being said with wrong info is just the wrong thing to do. you actually think nyc is landlord friendly? your shooting from the hip with no facts thats for sure.

now GET CRACKIN and find me the nyc sponsered site showing the landlords rights......

Old 05-03-2012, 06:46 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,517,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarleyGuyOC View Post
I never said I support rent control. I merely stated the fact that NYC is landlord friendly. You brought up the topic of rent control because you support paying $300.000 in rent ..if you could get away with it.
Talk about self-serving!

As for the difference between rent controlled & rent stabilized ..it's irrelevant; both are dissapearing faster than freshly baked bagels on a Sunday morning.

Now go do something about the roaches, will ya?
The differences are pretty massive, and while rent controlled apartments are getting few and far between, rent stabilized ones are still plentiful. I got mine without even really looking for it.

I'm a pretty liberal guy, and a rent stabilized tenant, and while it may be great in my own little micro-world of just me, it's a pretty terrible policy in general if you look beyond just yourself.

Old 05-03-2012, 08:00 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,257,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
The differences are pretty massive, and while rent controlled apartments are getting few and far between, rent stabilized ones are still plentiful. I got mine without even really looking for it.

I'm a pretty liberal guy, and a rent stabilized tenant, and while it may be great in my own little micro-world of just me, it's a pretty terrible policy in general if you look beyond just yourself.
Thank you!

Old 05-03-2012, 08:14 PM

240 posts, read 621,965 times
Quote:
The differences are pretty massive, and while rent controlled apartments are getting few and far between, rent stabilized ones are still plentiful.
Google "NYC Rent Stabilized Apartments Disappear" and inform yourself of the fact that both forms of rent regulation have been purposely scheduled for elimination. That's because NYC is landlord-friendly & anti-tenant!
That's not to say of course that Bloomie won't turn against landlords and squeeze them to death as well! What's good for the goose is ..you know it.

Quote:
I'm a pretty liberal guy, and a rent stabilized tenant, and while it may be great in my own little micro-world of just me, it's a pretty terrible policy in general if you look beyond just yourself..
I say enjoy it! This is a country that spends billions on drone-bombing innocent children 7400 miles away as they sleep, or on giving trillions of taxpayer dollars in order to bail-out failed bankster buddies of Bush/Obama.

What's a little rent control gonna do, huh?

Old 05-04-2012, 03:14 AM

you have no clue what your talking about , your facts are wrong,you have no experience as a landlord and how you can even have any conclusion escapes me.

only 1 reason rent stabilization is fallng off. co-op conversions, no new supply and retiring dying or moving boomers freeing up co-op apartments.. over the last few years we finally had 7 origonal tenants sell their leases back to us and retire and move and we sold the apartments which are no longer rentals . thats the story hundreds of times over and it will be the story going forward.

landlords were smart enough to see the hand writting on the wall and took their buildings co-op to get out from under the cities trickery . they then didnt put up rentals after 1974 that werent either low income,subsidized or luxury.

im still waiting for you to show me the nyc landlords bill of rights. in fact i cant think of 1 law in nyc housing law that isnt to protect the tenant ,can you?

the landlord basically has to draw up a lease to get protection,.

Last edited by mathjak107; 05-04-2012 at 03:56 AM..

Old 05-04-2012, 07:15 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Reasons for eviction:
Chronic late payment of rent.

So there's one!

Old 05-04-2012, 07:38 AM

All up to the judge.....

Old 05-04-2012, 08:29 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,089,626 times
Response to JColtrane!: (the one with the exclamation point)

I was asked simply to show that there is even a SINGLE right that landlords have and I have done so, simply and consisely. The question was posed by a poster asking to provide a SINGLE RIGHT granted to landlords by New York law. I provided an answer to the SINGLE question posed.

Your blathering endlessly does not add one iota of information to that precise spelling out of two rights of landlords. I could have chosen dozens of these legal rights but, unlike you, I believe in brevity.

All you have done is type for the sake of typing and adding an exclamation point to your name, for whatever reason (does it fool webmasters?) did not add a single point to your IQ.

With the excalmation point you still clearly exhibit that you are the same old tiresome pedant who likes to hear himself talk and force all of us who have you on IGNORE to to spend a moment to amend your name so we never have to read your claptrap again.

So, goodbye again. Apparently it takes more than an exclamation point to make a reasonable person out of a rude, arrogant dullard.

(Now let's see: where is that IGNORE function again?)

Last edited by Kefir King; 05-04-2012 at 08:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City