Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 06:55 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times

Advertisements

Lol...well I am fairly excited about seeing the beer garden. I have heard alot of good things about it, and the owners clearly invested a substantial amount of money.

For those coming, it is Saturday (tomorrow) from 6-9 at the Brooklyn Tap House. http://www.brooklyntaphouse.com/ordereze/default.aspx The address is 590 Myrtle Ave., Brooklyn, NY 11205. The nearest train is I think the G at Classon Ave station, then walk a couple blocks north.

Last edited by SobroGuy; 07-20-2012 at 07:20 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
I think the area has people too chicken to go.

I used to pass this train stop all the time, the area is perfectly fine.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:19 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,370,266 times
Well that's kind of the point of choosing these areas. The last one was in Harlem, this one is bed-stuy/fort green. We want to dispel myths and see neighborhoods. Why hump the same "safe" neighborhoods..there is alot to see in NYC...and that's what we shall do!

Old 07-20-2012, 07:19 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,328,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss J 74 View Post
I think the area has people too chicken to go.

I used to pass this train stop all the time, the area is perfectly fine.
The are is fine now, vastly different than 10 years ago, probably even 5. And yes a major point of these meet ups is to go to a part of NYC that you haven't been, dispel misconceptions, and actually "see" what it's like firsthand. Plenty of "120 lb smallish white women" stumble out of this bar all the time, and they are still around to write some glowing Yelp reviews about it. So if someone's excuse for not coming is the "is the area safe?" question, consider yourself as having less bal** than that 120 pound white chick.

Old 07-20-2012, 07:31 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
I want to go but I've said a lot of rascist and controversial stuff during my 5 years here, because of this part of me wants to stay anonymous. The legend of supermario so to speak. My aura of invincibility disappears once laid eyes upon.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:18 PM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
I want to go but I've said a lot of rascist and controversial stuff during my 5 years here, because of this part of me wants to stay anonymous. The legend of supermario so to speak. My aura of invincibility disappears once laid eyes upon.
Don't wear your autozone shirt then cause I'll know.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-20-2012, 08:56 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Don't wear your autozone shirt then cause I'll know.
Lol how did you know I worked there? And I already left but yeah, I probably am going to pass on wearing the shirt.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:57 PM

34,012 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Lol how did you know I worked there? And I already left but yeah, I probably am going to pass on wearing the shirt.
Lol you mentioned it before. Why you think I'ma mod. I dont forget a thing.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 07-21-2012, 06:20 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Quote:
We want to dispel myths and see neighborhoods.
So the goal is not necessarily a convenient meet-uo but rather a foray into unknown areas "to dispel myths and see neighborhoods." Who knew?
Other than peddling real estate in areas formerly and currently perceived as BAD, what point is there to wallowing in Harlem and Bed-Stuy?

Who is "We," keemosabi?

What's next, Far Rockaway, Mott Haven, or downtown Jamaica?

Old 07-21-2012, 08:34 AM

2,628 posts, read 4,608,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
So the goal is not necessarily a convenient meet-uo but rather a foray into unknown areas "to dispel myths and see neighborhoods." Who knew?
Other than peddling real estate in areas formerly and currently perceived as BAD, what point is there to wallowing in Harlem and Bed-Stuy?

Who is "We," keemosabi?

What's next, Far Rockaway, Mott Haven, or downtown Jamaica?
I don't think every meetup will be in a gentrifying area. I think we can all agree midtown would be an easy option and that could be the location of the next one to break things up.

I'll be there. And I am dragging another poster from this board with me. Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City