Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-08-2012, 05:41 PM

3,226 posts, read 6,639,758 times

Advertisements

I've been getting into whiskey lately and I've had either Jack Daniels and Four Roses (I think that's the name) or something along the lines of that. I had Japanese whiskey that was introduced to me by a friend of mine, believe the name was Suntory. I know there's PLENTY of liquor stores in this huge city but not all of them carry different types of whiskey. So, does anyone know of a spot where they might hold some Japanese, Irish and all other types of whiskey. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2012, 08:55 PM

2,691 posts, read 4,331,224 times
no idea about where to buy, but here is is a running list of whiskey tastings: Whisky Tastings in New York | NYC Whisky

Old 07-08-2012, 09:22 PM

20 posts, read 33,817 times
I'll make a deal with you, you tell me about the Lil' Italys in the Bronx and I'll tell you all you need to know about whiskeys and whiskys. Btw, Char no 4 in Brooklyn and Whiskey Brooklyn have a really large diverse selection by the glass for trying. Whiskey Brooklyn also has their own Whiskey shop on site. I'm a bourbon fan and don't care for Jack. Four roses comes in several varieties: regular, small batch and single barrell. I'm a die hard Woodford Reserve fan. Hope that helps some.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:10 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:
Four roses comes in several varieties
My God, do they still Make FOUR ROSES? My grandmother always had a hidden bottle way back in the '60's and she took a belt when she thought nobody was looking.

Me? My blended drink of choice is a Manhattan and has been for decades so my choice of whiskey remains Seagrams 7 becasue it is the only one with the right depth of taste to make a good Manhattan. Too many are way to mild to stand up to vermouth and bitters. Even VO or Crown Royal, while delicious make rotten Manhattans as do most of the cheapy brands which often tast like slightly flavored grain alcohol.

I am not a Scotch afficianado and bourbons are usually too "sweet" for me.

As I recall, FOUR ROSES was kind of rough tasting, so perhaps when I am drinking next month (I alternate) I might try a Four Roses Manhattan.

Last edited by Kefir King; 07-09-2012 at 06:20 AM..

Old 07-09-2012, 06:24 AM

3 posts, read 6,016 times
Broadway liquors, Manhattan, one block from Astor Place on W side of Broadway. Great selection, great prices.

Old 07-09-2012, 06:39 PM

4,035 posts, read 10,297,214 times
I like Union Square Wine and Sprits. They're not the cheapest, but the have unusual options, like artisinal ryes from micro-distillaries.

My favorite whiskey/scotch bar is DBA (d.b.a. | drinkgoodstuff.com). If you want Japanese whiskey check out the Angel's Share (Angel's Share - East Village - New York, NY). It's hard to find (the entrance is through a sushi restaurant) bit it's a cool place. The ultimate whiskey bar is The Brandy Library (Brandy Library. Upscale lounge located in Tribeca featuring the largest selection of brown spirits in New York.). It's expensive, but worth if you want to splurge on a night out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: