Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 04:34 PM

2,565 posts, read 5,515,853 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
It's NOT ok to be a public figure such as a politician to do perverted things like that. If you're an average Joe then I'm ok with it
Uh, why? I'd rather have an effective representative that is perverted in his own private life (by the way, I don't really consider what he did to be particularly perverted), than an incompetent one that goes home to his wife and 2.4 kids each night and is in bed by 10pm.

Weiner could have burned down a schoolhouse full of puppies, but after he took a stand and called out the members of congress that were blocking the Zadroga Act for idiotic reasons, I have nothing but respect for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 04:49 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
I really don't know why Weiner resigned in the first place.There are at least a dozen Senators,Governors and members of congress who have been involved in similar or worse sex type scandals,lied about it,refused to resign and are still in office.

Old 07-19-2012, 05:03 PM

15,590 posts, read 15,677,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Febtober View Post
Uh, why? I'd rather have an effective representative that is perverted in his own private life (by the way, I don't really consider what he did to be particularly perverted), than an incompetent one that goes home to his wife and 2.4 kids each night and is in bed by 10pm.

Weiner could have burned down a schoolhouse full of puppies, but after he took a stand and called out the members of congress that were blocking the Zadroga Act for idiotic reasons, I have nothing but respect for him.

I agree. There was nothing particularly perverted, and we should be focusing on their professional lives, not their private lives. This is nothing compared to the far more "perverted" Republican David Vitter, who I believe stayed in office.

I have to admit that I laughed at the first double-entendre headline, but by the second one I was already starting to feel indignant on Weiner's behalf.

Old 07-19-2012, 06:35 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Double entendre? Not with a ten foot pole.

Last edited by r small; 07-19-2012 at 07:01 PM..

Old 07-19-2012, 06:41 PM

240 posts, read 621,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
..we should be focusing on their professional lives, not their private lives.

WRONG!

Their professional lives are like the 10% of an iceberg that sticks OUT of the water and is readily seen. It's what these douchebags do in the hidden 90% of their private lives that TRULY defines them.

People who 'reason' like you do should be court-ordered to STAY AWAY at least 1000 yards from any VOTING BOOTHS.

Old 07-19-2012, 07:05 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I dislike both Quinn and Weiner. Both would be horrible mayors. I was hoping Ray Kelly would run for mayor. I would vote for him in a heartbeat! Too bad he isn't though.

OOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO

ray kelley, OMG are you kidding me?????????????????????????????????????????

I rather have bloomie for another 4 years, and I hate him, and I dont like Quinn either

Old 07-19-2012, 07:08 PM

387 posts, read 680,436 times
When the question of wether Weiner should run for Mayor comes up, I ask the person(s) Women & men alike if they would want a Mayor knowing for a FACT how small his hammer really was.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:02 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,968 times
Well luckily Weiner officially said he is NEVER running for public office again. Yes! There is a God!

Old 07-19-2012, 09:26 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,187,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cida View Post
I agree. There was nothing particularly perverted, and we should be focusing on their professional lives, not their private lives. This is nothing compared to the far more "perverted" Republican David Vitter, who I believe stayed in office.

I have to admit that I laughed at the first double-entendre headline, but by the second one I was already starting to feel indignant on Weiner's behalf.
I seriously don't know why Vitter isn't sitting in jail right now, but I guess because he didn't show his junk, his crime wasn't a big deal to Republicans....which goes to show there party and those that support Republicans must be cool with actual criminals in office.

As for Weiner, I think his career will be fine whether it be private or public, but he definitely has a long way to go to work off the damages he has done to himself. But the funny thing about this country is how bad our short term memory is, I am surprised people even remember why he left office anymore.

Personally I could care less if my Congressman likes to spend their free time masturbating in adult theaters as long as they do their job and properly represent their district. From what I saw, Weiner did just that, without him our brave 9/11 first responders would of been left to die off with no help if Republicans got their way when they tried to sweep those brave people under the rug when they were no longer important to their political message.

As for Ray Kelly, I hope that guy never runs for mayor unless you really want to see NYC become a police state because that man just disgusts me.

Old 07-20-2012, 06:25 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,968 times
Ray Kelly is the best option NYC has. Sure beats having Quinn, Weiner, De Blasio, Lui, Thompson as mayor. All those canidates would undo all the progress Guilliani and Bloomberg accomplished. Voting for those left winged nuts its like bringing back NYC to the 70's and 80's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City