Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2012, 09:21 AM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaitinginBklyn View Post
Just a curious question. I have read this board for a long time. Four years, in fact & have heard the words "get some time on" more times than I can count.

I understand the concept, but when exactly does that saying stop getting thrown at you? 2 years? 5 years? I've heard it said to guys from the first class & they've been on over 4 years already. The "get some time on" line makes sense for those under a year, but realistically how much time is ENOUGH? I guess what I'm saying is if you have hit top pay is it really fair for a guy with ten years on to be throwing that line at you? Or is that just the way it is & will always be?
it won't ever stop

Old 08-27-2012, 09:51 AM

93 posts, read 151,494 times
My boots have more time on the job.

Old 08-27-2012, 10:04 AM

14 posts, read 23,801 times
With my list number I should be getting called in September. Can anyone tell me when I'm most likely going to receive the email and get called for fp?

Old 08-27-2012, 10:32 AM

19 posts, read 55,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meemsone View Post
Congrats to everyone graduating today!.. Does sanitation have a graduation ceremony?
Ya they do.... they will wait for all the classes to be done then winter will come so i think it will be in the spring

Old 08-27-2012, 10:43 AM

473 posts, read 932,285 times
One thing I noticed that hasn't been posted is some very important advice for the July class. For all of you that got sent to the Bronx and don't want to be there fill out a transfer now while they are open. There is no reason to do 17-20 tons while guys in other districts are doing 10-15 (I know there are places that do even less) and getting paid the same money.
It doesn't make you more of a man or a hero doing those weights. Think about why seniority is so great in the Bronx, nobody wants to be there doing all that weight, tolls, fuel, etc....
They always flood the Bronx/Upper Manhattan with the first class knowing that they have other classes behind to fill the spots of those that transfer out.
The Bronx isn't the best kept secret, seniority is everything on this job and nobody wants to see theres get worse.
Good luck and be safe

Old 08-27-2012, 10:45 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GRAPES24 View Post
One thing I noticed that hasn't been posted is some very important advice for the July class. For all of you that got sent to the Bronx and don't want to be there fill out a transfer now while they are open. There is no reason to do 17-20 tons while guys in other districts are doing 10-15 (I know there are places that do even less) and getting paid the same money.
It doesn't make you more of a man or a hero doing those weights. Think about why seniority is so great in the Bronx, nobody wants to be there doing all that weight, tolls, fuel, etc....
They always flood the Bronx/Upper Manhattan with the first class knowing that they have other classes behind to fill the spots of those that transfer out.
The Bronx isn't the best kept secret, seniority is everything on this job and nobody wants to see theres get worse.
Good luck and be safe
Think about why what you just wrote makes zero sense. I'll wait....

Old 08-27-2012, 12:06 PM

231 posts, read 466,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Think about why what you just wrote makes zero sense. I'll wait....
He means the bronx isnt the best kept secret. People are just saying that to new guys so they wont transfer out. Seniority is everything and the bottom guys who just got newbies will lie to them to keep them from leaving.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:16 PM

231 posts, read 466,210 times
And i dont mean all of the bronx. i know there are some great garages there, but those 2 load districts will destroy you over time. We dont get paid by how many tons we do. Every is on the same pay scale. Time on = money, not the amount of weight you do.

Old 08-27-2012, 12:44 PM

208 posts, read 438,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pap Wagon View Post
My boots have more time on the job.
I got more time on the $hi**er than u got on the job

Old 08-27-2012, 12:46 PM

208 posts, read 438,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Charge View Post
I got more time on the $hi**er than u got on the job
I got more bad time than u got on the job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City