Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-27-2013, 11:47 AM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
I hope organic locally grown rooftop vegies and fruits plus live stock can feed Hundreds of thousands or maybe millions of superuber two faced liberal type, hipsters, yuppies, conservative ultra rich and yoga instructors!
I take it that also includes Molly and Conner from Minnesconsin.

You left out ashantiqua and jenny from da block?

You wouldn't want them also to eat cruelty-free, organically grass fed, free-range chickens?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2013, 08:55 PM

5,000 posts, read 8,217,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
Availableuslessname's logic is lol worthy.
So we depend on red states because they're farmers and feed us, pompous liberal city dwellers?
Is that the contention?

Ever heard of farm subsidies?

Corn (americas crop) and some of its toxic corn by products like high fructose corn syrup are heavily subsidized, fyi.

Did you know you. Available, that red states get more money back than that what they send out as tax dollars?

Hmm. How's the dependency scale looking so far?

I personally don't eat much meat anymore. I've managed to cut down meat consumption to one day per week. With some weeks none at all, so I'm not so worried about it.
As for fresh produce, most of mine comes from California... Hardly a red state.

Simple minded people make fun of innovative ideas such as rooftop farms or locally grown produce. But those same people probably have little to no idea of the advantages of such a business models.
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
They get paid well for their goods because they can. Due to us needing them. To ya know, survive. If nyc didn't exist, these areas would be fine because they could feed themselves. If those areas didn't exist, nyc and it's absurdly dense population would be screwed. People literally would starve to death. We depend on these states. That's what I mean by "the grand scheme of things". Not even talking about money. I think I read that this city has like a 2 or 3 day food supply if shyte were to hit the fan. Not the case in rural america.

Also, blue states are blue because of the major cities. Where none of the food is raised/grown. So there's also that.

Tapped out on this one, eh?

Old 11-27-2013, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Tapped out on this one, eh?
I already pwned you, I believe. Your logic and premise is laughable at best.
Not much more to discuss.

PS. Today's dinner was: organic, grass fed lamb chops was from new Zealand and the accompanying drink was a Malbec from Argentina.

Double pwn

Old 11-27-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
I already pwned you, I believe. Your logic and premise is laughable at best.
Not much more to discuss.
Lol you did nothing of the sort. You did not address my point in the least. You talked about money, which is irrelevant to what I was discussing. Nor did you bringing up how you get your chard from rural California mean anything.

Please, elaborate on how my logic is laughable. I'd love to hear it. Be specific. Because you most definitely have said nothing on the matter as of yet.

Last edited by availableusername; 11-27-2013 at 09:18 PM..

Old 11-27-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
PS. Today's dinner was: organic, grass fed lamb chops was from new Zealand and the accompanying drink was a Malbec from Argentina.

Double pwn
First off, if you're attempt to "pwn" me, use proper english like a big boy. Secondly, you telling me your lamb is from New Zealand, once again (I'm noticing a pattern here), means nothing to what you are trying to argue. And I couldn't care less about your drink.

I love how on the internet, anybody can type random letters and claim "pwn" even if it's nonsensical. Always makes me laugh...

Old 11-27-2013, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Double tapout

Cool, gotcha. Goodnight sweet prince...

Old 11-27-2013, 10:02 PM

I see you're having a hard time understanding my last comment.
Let me help you out.

Your initial contention was that "I buy meat in the supermarket" and not hunt it like the farmers of red states.
They feed us according to your premise.

But as I told you before, I dont eat much meat to begin with and most of my produce comes from what you label, a blue state.

And while I agree that certain rural areas of California might be somewhat conservative, as a whole the majority of the people in that state aren't. Same can't be said of Texas for example.

Additionally, a lot of my produce now even comes form Europe (ie. clementines from Spain, figs from Greece) last week I saw in the supermarket vine tomatoes on sale from Calgary.
and like today's dinner (which you failed to understand) didn't depend on red state farmer at all.
Your premise is flawed. But even then you stubbornly and proudly (yet embarrassingly IMO) asked if I got taped out. LoL.

In case you haven't stepped out of your cave, meat in the supermarket nowadays isn't necessarily from a red state- gun toting farmer, that you love so much.

On the bigger scheme of things, what the NYC food chain supply really depends on is domestic and international commerce and logistics.

With the advancement of new farming technologies (solar and hydroponics in particular) farm to table logistics will become more even more sustainable and hopefully cheaper.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:27 PM

God damn your grammar sucks for such a pretentious f@ck.

It does not matter that you claim to buy all your meat from international sources. The same kind of people who raise and hunt said meat in any country, are the same type of folk you'll find in Texas. It's the nature of the industry. Cities throughout the world depend on rural areas. The people who live and work there are the type of folk you so smugly blast.

As for our produce, it's all grown in rural areas throughout the country and world. Ya know, where produce grows. That is where cities get their food. The same type of folk live and work these farms as well. It's pretty simple.

You see, you're the one getting all high on your pedestal about "gun-toting red this, bible-thumping that". You think people in rural Spain or California who work this industry don't have such values? You're simply ignorant if you're under this impression. I personally don't care one way or another how anybody lives their lives. I just certainly would not get all smug and snotty talking trash about the areas across the globe that literally feed our cities. Because yes, we rely on them in the grand scheme of things. Not the other way around.

Old 11-27-2013, 10:47 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
I take it that also includes Molly and Conner from Minnesconsin.

You left out ashantiqua and jenny from da block?

You wouldn't want them also to eat cruelty-free, organically grass fed, free-range chickens?
Nah, Ashantiqua and Jenny from da block can go eat Kennedy fried chicken. Im good I cook my own food. Actually known a woman very proud vegan and really enjoyed Yoga and locally grown food, bad news hit her that she was diagnosed with Cancer which is not cool. You can have all the money in the world and enjoy the great monoculture, eat healthy and still die from a sickness. Not one is not immune from sickness and death. Until locally grown food or an iPhone can cure HIV/AIDS, im not buying none of these products.

Old 11-28-2013, 04:28 AM

Available you are nitpicking and deflecting little tw∆t, you know that ?
And I do realize you're all butthurt now that I literally destroyed your stupid argument of 'can't make fun of red states because they feed us'
No, they don't.

I already explained that to you. Hopefully one day it will get through that tiny brain of yours.

And no, a Texas farmer probably doesn't have the same values of a Spanish farmer. Nor do I care Btw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City