Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2012, 05:13 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by deevel79 View Post
I dont see not 1 person dressed in a suite and tie that's on the NYPD's most wanted list.

NYPD Crimestoppers
Who the hell wears a suit in a mug shot

It would of been smarter if you showed actual surveillance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
So hoods in NY dont wear pants covering only half their ass?
Ok. If you say so.

The point remains.
If you dress like a gang banger, and hail a cab, dont expect the cabbie to follow your PC bs and stop for you.

Thats all.

Carry on.
Yes correct they do not wear "baggy" jeans covering half their ass.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:21 PM

559 posts, read 1,111,726 times
And if abortion or homosexuality are declared illegal, I suppose you will help enforce those laws, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Urban did you just say that? Because it is ILLEGAL...choosing who you want to marry is up to you. Not hiring or renting someone an apt because they are jewish, homosexual, black, etc is ILLEGAL and not a "prerogative". Geez.

Old 08-28-2012, 06:24 PM

559 posts, read 1,111,726 times
If I am truly capable and a bigoted private entity does not want to work with me (for whatever reason, "sound" or "shallow"), it's their loss. In any case, a money-hungry competitor who has no principles (ie, does not care about my non-work characteristics and cares only about profit) will snap me up because it can "exploit" me. It's the bigot's prerogative, and it will be the bigot's loss.

But if the government discriminates against me, then it's misusing taxpayer money, because it should go for the most efficient, most economical option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Yea and that's only because you don't match the topic at hand.

I'm so sure you would agree to a private company stereotyping you, and using your race, religion, and ethnicity as the reason

Plz give me a break.

Old 08-28-2012, 07:44 PM

167 posts, read 306,123 times
what can you possibly get by reporting a taxi driver?

Old 08-29-2012, 05:52 AM

17 posts, read 19,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanintllctl View Post
If I am truly capable and a bigoted private entity does not want to work with me (for whatever reason, "sound" or "shallow"), it's their loss. In any case, a money-hungry competitor who has no principles (ie, does not care about my non-work characteristics and cares only about profit) will snap me up because it can "exploit" me. It's the bigot's prerogative, and it will be the bigot's loss.

But if the government discriminates against me, then it's misusing taxpayer money, because it should go for the most efficient, most economical option.
Exactly! Just take your business/money elsewhere. Their loss, your gain!

Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 AM

8,515 posts, read 16,184,600 times
Quote:
Never said "all", but whenever there is a robbery or shooting of a cab driver and a pic of the suspect is released, I have yet to see any race other than black or hispanic. Not trying to make this a race issue either as I'm hispanic myself. Just speaking the truth here.
I guess you probably will stay out of movie theaters too? Of course, I'm applying your logic.

Old 08-29-2012, 09:37 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron. View Post
I guess you probably will stay out of movie theaters too? Of course, I'm applying your logic.
I guess I should never leave my house. Applying your logic!

Attending a movie theater and actually working a job where you have to be careful of who you pick up are 2 totally different scenarios. Terrible analogy!

Old 08-29-2012, 10:50 AM

Quote:
I guess I should never leave my house. Applying your logic!

Attending a movie theater and actually working a job where you have to be careful of who you pick up are 2 totally different scenarios. Terrible analogy!
Not really the point of thread is stereotyping. So yes indeed he using right analogy, because if their was a uptick in movie crimes you would start stereotyping the cause of it

Old 08-29-2012, 11:19 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,578,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Not really the point of thread is stereotyping. So yes indeed he using right analogy, because if their was a uptick in movie crimes you would start stereotyping the cause of it
No. Driving a cab and being required to pick up anyone and everyone, and attending a movie theater on your down time is not a correct analogy. If there's a rash of shootings and robberies in movie theaters, then I just wont go. Its that simple. I as a citizen am not required to attend a movie theater whereas a NYC taxi driver is required to pick up every street hail by law regardless whether he views them as a threat or not. In this case, if you fit the profile of someone who's going around shooting and robbing cab drivers and I feel my life might be in danger if I pick you up, then I will just act as if I didnt see you and drive right past you. I have the right to make a judgement call that will safeguard my life regardless of what the law dictates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: