Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2012, 06:57 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times

Advertisements

do what I did, some dumb chick leaving CVS stopped right in front of the door,
ya wanna move? (nasty), she called me a few choice words and I ripped her a new ******* when I got thru verbally abusing her.......................trust me, girlfriend will think twice before stopping in front of a door again.

and I am only 5'7"...........................it must be the Brooklyn thing, works like a charm
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2012, 08:02 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,238,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
Every single day when I'm driving to work I see the same girl standing in the middle of Delancey Street with her arm up trying to hail a cab while texting on her phone. I'm waiting for the day I turn the corner to see the police handling her accident scene.
Seems like you could solve this problem yourself!

Old 09-04-2012, 03:49 PM

19,027 posts, read 13,937,683 times
I drive a roadster, arguably the most fun style of car ever created for public streets. I'm not taking public transportation any time soon. If she gets hit, that's her problem, not mine.

Old 09-04-2012, 04:03 PM

2,871 posts, read 4,790,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm usually downtown by the WTC when this happens, so chances are they are tourists. REAL NEW YORKERS generally know better than to stop dead in the middle of sidewalks or at the tops of subway stairs, so there's no need to address them.

And um, sometimes I myself am surprised that I said it out loud, hehehe. Must be that menopause thing. I find myself muttering other little catchphrases, such as "Oh aren't WE the little princess" to the fetus mincing along in her miniskirted "suit" with stiletto heels.
I ♥ Mightyqueen801

Old 09-05-2012, 12:28 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
What's happening now is only the tip of the iceberg. As the next generation--which is more computer-saturated than any in previous human history--comes along, the idiotic things they do because they're not paying attention to their whereabouts are going to increase exponentially.

Old 09-05-2012, 06:39 PM

1,583 posts, read 3,676,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I'm usually downtown by the WTC when this happens, so chances are they are tourists. REAL NEW YORKERS generally know better than to stop dead in the middle of sidewalks or at the tops of subway stairs, so there's no need to address them.

And um, sometimes I myself am surprised that I said it out loud, hehehe. Must be that menopause thing. I find myself muttering other little catchphrases, such as "Oh aren't WE the little princess" to the fetus mincing along in her miniskirted "suit" with stiletto heels.
Wow, she really must not have been a "real New Yorker". Otherwise I could see her sticking that stiletto heel out and tripping you!

Old 09-06-2012, 07:30 AM

88,509 posts, read 84,688,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doobage View Post
Wow, she really must not have been a "real New Yorker". Otherwise I could see her sticking that stiletto heel out and tripping you!
You're right. Usually they are Jersey commuters.

Old 09-06-2012, 01:15 PM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
the whole cell phone / texting thing here is so out of control, it really is sickening.

the driving while texting is so bad, yet people dont realize that.
It sickens me when i see middle age adults texting while driving, and you know it is a dumb text that is probably worthless.

yeah, I am around the block, be there in like 5 min.

something on that order.

Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM

40,050 posts, read 34,589,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
the whole cell phone / texting thing here is so out of control, it really is sickening.
You got THAT right! I was heading in to work on the F train the other day, and shortly before the train went underground at Church Avenue, a woman sitting across the car from me whipped out a cell phone and made the following quick call: "Hello? I'm on the subway."

I didn't realize that current protocol requires one to report their whereabouts at all times. (But you may have to cut me a little slack for not being up on current protocol; I am one of the last remaining human beings on the continent without a cell phone).

Old 09-06-2012, 08:59 PM

10,222 posts, read 19,201,005 times
The "best" I ever ran into was a guy in a movie theatre. He was a big guy, spread out over several seats and had a couple of skinny flashily-dressed ladies with him. He was constantly making and taking phone calls during the movie, and at one point he tells the other party "Yeah, I'm at work right now."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: