Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 02:47 AM

24 posts, read 33,169 times

Advertisements

my heart goes out to the young mother, and all who have lost loved 1s.

I hope the guy who said no feels the wrath of guilt every day of what he did, this world is full of people who stand by and do nothing but shout loudest when it affects them.

Tragic tragic news my deepest thoughts, god be with you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2012, 02:03 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,091,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thomas70 View Post
my heart goes out to the young mother, and all who have lost loved 1s.

I hope the guy who said no feels the wrath of guilt every day of what he did, this world is full of people who stand by and do nothing but shout loudest when it affects them.

Tragic tragic news my deepest thoughts, god be with you
I wonder if it was racism.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:29 PM

151 posts, read 183,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I wonder if it was racism.
For Christ's sake how can you even suggest that without any proof?

Whoever that person was could have been a minority also. Besides it was very inhumane, even many racist people would have opened the door.

The guy was a monster whatever race the guy was. How could you turn away a 2 and a 4 year old?

Old 11-02-2012, 02:34 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
OMG, ... CBS should have shown that neighbor's house and let the public do what they should do.

Tragedy yes, but don't rush to judgement. Do you know what kinda of neighborhood that took place in or how old the man was? Like a PP said, there are neighborhoods in NY where you DON'T open your doors. It is a tragedy but ultimately it was a tragedy caused by a natural disaster, not by a fearful man's poor judgement or a mother's foolish decision to drive in a flood or not evacuate in the first place.

There's been enough suffering, retribution only adds more. Rather than crucify the guy, better start sending food to Staten Island and go help people dig out their lives in Breezy Point.

Old 11-02-2012, 02:49 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,399,862 times
aww. sorry to hear that.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:06 PM

2,421 posts, read 4,316,379 times
Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com

Here is the awful man that didn't let them in. Terrible. You can clearly see he is lying.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:25 PM

483 posts, read 854,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoist123 View Post

Here is the awful man that didn't let them in. Terrible. You can clearly see he is lying.
Wow! He is a disgusting, evil, lying piece of excrement! I can't believe that he showed his ugly mug on camera. It's horrifying to think that there are people out there that can be so cruel and heartless.

Old 11-02-2012, 03:51 PM

241 posts, read 372,966 times
Quote:

What a POS!

Old 11-02-2012, 03:58 PM

26,585 posts, read 62,025,051 times
Karma will get him.

Old 11-02-2012, 04:15 PM

4,630 posts, read 10,472,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xS☺Be View Post
Tragedy yes, but don't rush to judgement. Do you know what kinda of neighborhood that took place in or how old the man was? Like a PP said, there are neighborhoods in NY where you DON'T open your doors. It is a tragedy but ultimately it was a tragedy caused by a natural disaster, not by a fearful man's poor judgement or a mother's foolish decision to drive in a flood or not evacuate in the first place.

There's been enough suffering, retribution only adds more. Rather than crucify the guy, better start sending food to Staten Island and go help people dig out their lives in Breezy Point.
Quote:

Uh, yeah. OK. I take back some of what I said before. He's not that old, and it's clearly no horrendous neighborhood. Just a dumbass. Hope he survives this tragedy. Not sure I could live with myself if I was him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: