Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Whos your favorite player?
Tyson Chandler 0 0%
Carmelo Anthony 6 60.00%
Raymond Felton 1 10.00%
SHEED!! 1 10.00%
Steve Novak 0 0%
Pablo Prigioni 0 0%
JR Smith 0 0%
Jason Kidd 2 20.00%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2012, 07:09 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,251,664 times

Advertisements

One of things I thought was smart is going with the 2 point guard system. It promotes ball movement, which was one of the biggest problems the Knicks had last season.

Also I'm impressed with Felton's and Prigioni's ball handling.

I havent been this excited about Knicks basketball since the days of Latrell Sprewell.

How are you Knicks fans feeling?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2012, 08:03 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,293,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
One of things I thought was smart is going with the 2 point guard system. It promotes ball movement, which was one of the biggest problems the Knicks had last season.

Also I'm impressed with Felton's and Prigioni's ball handling.

I havent been this excited about Knicks basketball since the days of Latrell Sprewell.

How are you Knicks fans feeling?
It's all about what happens in the playoffs.

Old 11-06-2012, 09:32 PM

18 posts, read 39,414 times
The ball movement and defense is as good as its been in years. I'm really excited and I hope this team can revive basketball in NY. I remember years like 94 and 99 where New Yorkers lived for the Knicks.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:12 PM

655 posts, read 1,992,705 times
First time since 1999-00 they're 3-0 and that season lasted until June 2.

Old 11-06-2012, 10:24 PM

1,280 posts, read 2,443,564 times
The key will be how they use Amar'e when he comes back from injury. It's so obvious that Carmelo plays better at the 4 than the 3, but what happens when stat comes back. Move Anthony back to the 3, stat at 4, chandler 5. I think you have to bring Amare off the bench, or play him at the 5 when chandler's not in the lineup

Old 11-06-2012, 10:28 PM

Amar'e is a multi-time All-Star and he signed a 100 million dollar contract, there is no way in hell he comes off the bench that shouldn't be encouraged they HAVE to make it work. I think this is the year now that we have true PG's like Felton, Kidd and Prigioni.

Old 11-06-2012, 11:09 PM

3,085 posts, read 7,251,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Triny33 View Post
I think you have to bring Amare off the bench, or play him at the 5 when chandler's not in the lineup
^^^ There it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickEwing View Post
Amar'e is a multi-time All-Star and he signed a 100 million dollar contract, there is no way in hell he comes off the bench that shouldn't be encouraged they HAVE to make it work. I think this is the year now that we have true PG's like Felton, Kidd and Prigioni.
You have a point too. Knicks finally have a true point guard so that would only help Amare especially with pick n rolls. Could you imagine how Prigioni and Felton would look with Amare? That's easy baskets for Amare, should be 18-22 points per night.

I still say bench Amare. You say he's a nAll-Star, more like he was. He's coming off a lot of injures, he's not the same player. He's a liability on defense, he clogs up the lanes and interrupts Melo's flow.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreshFresh View Post
^^^ There it is

You have a point too. Knicks finally have a true point guard so that would only help Amare especially with pick n rolls. Could you imagine how Prigioni and Felton would look with Amare? That's easy baskets for Amare, should be 18-22 points per night.

I still say bench Amare. You say he's a nAll-Star, more like he was. He's coming off a lot of injures, he's not the same player. He's a liability on defense, he clogs up the lanes and interrupts Melo's flow.
He can still put up 18-20 points even though he's not as athletic as he once was, he did it last season. With the new PGs I think Amar'e can thrive, especially Felton since he was an MVP candidate back when Felton was on the team. Amare'e is not a bench player, he's never been a bench player and he simply makes too much money to be a bench player.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:24 PM

3,025 posts, read 6,810,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrickEwing View Post
He can still put up 18-20 points even though he's not as athletic as he once was, he did it last season. With the new PGs I think Amar'e can thrive, especially Felton since he was an MVP candidate back when Felton was on the team. Amare'e is not a bench player, he's never been a bench player and he simply makes too much money to be a bench player.
^^^^^ This. People forget how the pick and roll with Felton worked to perfection two years ago when Amare was at one point averaging something like 30 pts 12 reb 2 blks and Felton for a good month was averaging 25 pts 12 ast. 2 stl. If anyone besides Nash could make it work with Amare it's Felton and this team seems much more willing to pass than previous teams... Amar'e should not have a problem fitting into this system.

This is the first time I've legitimately felt excited for where the knicks are this season. Who knew that Melo could play defense. This whole team looks focused and poised for a run. Melo's playing like the top 3 player we all knew he had the potential to be, Felton, Kidd and Prigioni have given the knicks a balanced back court where getting the team involved is first priority, JR looks controlled, and they got tough playoff tested guys on the bench with experience that knew how to deal with those moments... People are hating on these moves but I love what Kurt Thomas, Marcus Camby and even Rasheed Wallace bring to the table... This year's Knicks finally for the first time since the 90s look like they can make a run...

Old 11-07-2012, 06:07 PM

555 posts, read 1,184,142 times
Try to trade Amare and his huge contract. Hey someone may bite, we know the Knicks did for years at over priced superstars. Get some pieces that fit with the team maybe a bench player and the Knicks can be serious contenders
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City