Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2012, 05:15 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jad2k View Post

You can not buy a house anywhere within 30 miles of NYC, for $250K.
That's not true. You can find plenty at that price. Might not want to live in those neighborhoods for various reasons, but still, there are plenty.

new york real estate - all classifieds "single family" - craigslist 100K - 250K
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2012, 05:19 PM

26 posts, read 30,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post
LoL.

Germany has more Turkish immigrants than any other European country, fyi. Go there and claim that you're European and see what they tell you.

My brother moved there because he met a nice German lady. There's no economic reasons for us Americans to emigrate to europe, really. But I wonder why you wanna come here? Looking for a better life away from that hell-hole that is the middle-east? I can understand that.

But you might need to leave your racist ways behind back home if you wanna have an harmonious life here in the states.

Btw, I'm not Greek or Armenian.

With the money i am planning to invest , any country would welcome me. It's all for my brother who lived and studied in USA so he got used to live there.

Calling me racist after saying ''i am from hell-hole'' and ''i'm a muslim'' ? Pot calling kettle black..

You are typically a 3. rate citizen of your country.. Sorry for hurting your feelings but truth is truth.

Anyway, Don't get jealous. With the money i am going to invest, you will get Unemployment Compensation. Then, you may buy an airplane ticket and visit your poor brother who immigrated to Germany for a girl?

Last edited by GlanBoy; 11-26-2012 at 05:48 PM..

Old 11-26-2012, 05:21 PM

12,340 posts, read 26,119,784 times
OK, never mind any good and accurate info I gave earlier in the thread. OP doesn't seem interested in the original topic anymore so why should I be?

Old 11-26-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
That's not true. You can find plenty at that price. Might not want to live in those neighborhoods for various reasons, but still, there are plenty.

new york real estate - all classifieds "single family" - craigslist 100K - 250K

Thanks Hanna!

Old 11-26-2012, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henna View Post
OK, never mind any good and accurate info I gave earlier in the thread. OP doesn't seem interested in the original topic anymore so why should I be?

I'm.. I appriciate the info you all gave.

I was just distracted by some jerks.

Whatever! I am rereading the info you gave and i am googling them right now.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:30 PM

2,848 posts, read 7,577,420 times
OP, my husband is in the restaurant business (owner), also an immigrant from 20 years ago, and I am a lifelong New Yorker. However, your attitude in this post is really insulting and abrasive, even to those that want to help you. I feel bad you can't be more open-minded. Perhaps you are reading too much between the lines of some of these posts and feeling defensive. Reconsider your approach. I reiterate my advice to use the search engine on the forum. The questions you are asking are basic and have been answered hundreds of times. Please reference the wealth of knowledge available on the board and respect that people don't always have time to repeat themselves.

Old 11-26-2012, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc33433 View Post
OP, my husband is in the restaurant business (owner), also an immigrant from 20 years ago, and I am a lifelong New Yorker. However, your attitude in this post is really insulting and abrasive, even to those that want to help you. I feel bad you can't be more open-minded. Perhaps you are reading too much between the lines of some of these posts and feeling defensive. Reconsider your approach. I reiterate my advice to use the search engine on the forum. The questions you are asking are basic and have been answered hundreds of times. Please reference the wealth of knowledge available on the board and respect that people don't always have time to repeat themselves.

Jeez, folks here are like robots.

I advice you reading all posts and then deciding again. These people are using hit and run tactic. They first insult and then they answer just like nothing happened..

Only person to really help me without insulting was Hanna , You and I_Love_LI_but.

All Rest are donut eating ignorants. :=) Anyway...

Last edited by GlanBoy; 11-26-2012 at 07:04 PM..

Old 11-26-2012, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by likeminas View Post

My brother moved there because he met a nice German lady. There's no economic reasons for us Americans to emigrate to europe, really. But I wonder why you wanna come here? Looking for a better life away from that hell-hole that is the middle-east? I can understand that.
Perhaps, you've never been a poor town in Alabama or even in NYC?

I know many Americans emigrated to Europe to open bussiness.

Old 11-26-2012, 08:03 PM

802 posts, read 1,365,839 times
you could buy nice 1BR apartment on sheepshead bay

Old 11-27-2012, 05:38 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
Saying that you want a "preferably white neighborhood" may close you off to opportunities to purchase in many neighborhoods that are stable. Some of those neighborhoods may be changing for the better. That being said, it may be difficult to even get something in Harlem for 250K.

I'll throw it out there: the only places you may get a good deal for a condo in NYC are Meadowbrook Gateway, Brooklyn and Parkchester, Bronx. However, Meadowbrook may be too far for you. Parkchester can get you, in the current market, 2BR's under 150K, and can keep 100K in your pocket. However, Parkchester may be too far out for you. But it is very diverse. (But you said you wanted "preferably white people", right?).

Would it not be in your best interest to reconsider the "preferably white people" argument, and look for neighborhoods that have the diversity, stability and affordability you want? They are out there in this city. Peace.

Last edited by scatman; 11-27-2012 at 05:58 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City