Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-02-2013, 01:59 AM

1,092 posts, read 1,557,538 times

Advertisements

I would've enjoyed it lol

Good cop bad cop lol been funnny
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 05:56 PM

11,199 posts, read 9,087,687 times
another bully who is probably a nice boy (Carmine Aska,) 4 arrests under his belt and he's only 17.

9-year-old Bronx boy fights for his life after being thrown off of building roof - NY Daily News

I am glad this 7 year old got arrested by the cops. Hopefully, it will set him in the right path.

Old 02-06-2013, 10:59 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ryu View Post
another bully who is probably a nice boy (Carmine Aska,) 4 arrests under his belt and he's only 17.

9-year-old Bronx boy fights for his life after being thrown off of building roof - NY Daily News
The kid survived the fall from the rooftop of the 5 story tenement building suffering a broken arm, leg, ribs and collapsed lungs. Neighbors described perp as a "good kid".

Last edited by Northwindsforever; 02-06-2013 at 11:38 AM.. Reason: Ribs added

Old 02-06-2013, 12:31 PM

8,743 posts, read 18,378,760 times
I don't know anything about this tragedy, but it is sad to read and yes, these things happen. But I will make a comment regarding The Ryu's statement "4 arrests under his belt and he's only 17." And that is, if you lived in a community where cops are looking for a reason to arrest you, and slap made-up charges on you to meet a quota, and don't see you as a person but as a criminal, you too would probably have 4+ arrests under your belt by the age of 17.

I am not saying he hasn't earned it, but I suspect if the same "heavy handed zero tolerance" mentality (to put it nicely) was applied equally in every community, you would see all kids with rap sheets by the age of 12. Strangely, only some precincts operate that way....can you guess which ones?

Old 02-06-2013, 01:12 PM

19,054 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Strangely, no kids are throwing other kids off of buildings in my neighborhood/precinct... We wouldn't make excuses for them if they did either.

Whatever his prior arrests were for, hopefully #5 is his last because it puts him in jail for a long time. If it doesn't, then hopefully he goes back to his hood where the people who hate cops can keep dealing with his nonsense, not us.

Old 02-06-2013, 01:15 PM

Please tell me what your precinct is so I can tell you what is happening there since you asre unaware. One thing is to make excuses, the other is to understand exactly cops are doing.

Here's another excuse which is just nonsense right: Blacks are just lazy, it wasn't slavery that kept them picking cotton..or preventing them from going to school! No sir...it's just laziness...more excuses!

Fast forward to 2013...what is happening today is the criminalization of our youth in particular neighborhoods. Can you guess which neighborhoods those are? The day you are repeatedly ticketed for trespassing outside your own building, searched because you "fit the profile", and arrested for "menacing" "disorderly conduct" or other such nonsense charges to meet their quotas and harass residents, maybe you'll understand the difference between "excuses" and "a police system that exists to subjugate you."

Last edited by SobroGuy; 02-06-2013 at 01:25 PM..

Old 02-06-2013, 02:13 PM

As long as I never live in a place where my fellow residents make excuses for kids who throw other kids off of buildings, I'll be a happy man.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:25 PM

I don't believe anyone made any excuses for him in this article, other than saying the usual think everyone always says when they are interviewed "he was a good kid."

PS-why am I making an excuse? You claim he has 4 arrests therefore it is indicative of the type of person he is. On the surface...I can agree. But I am posing another serious reason (not an excuse), and that is the criminalization of our youth..certain youth that is.

What you should be wishing for is a society where EVERYONE (and not just you!) can live without being subjugated by others/law enforcement.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:32 PM

1,469 posts, read 1,801,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citylove101 View Post
I hope the family gets a lot of cash from this -- and I wish it would come out the pockets of all the NYC taxpayer morons who think this is no big deal. Any teacher, asst. principal, or principal, who can't handle a schoolyard fight among 7 year olds w/o calling the cops should be fired. What they did to that kid is child abuse, pure and simple--and especilly mean and stupid when you read the story and find out the kid didnt even take the money he was accused of stealing.

Yea nowadays a teacher, principal, asst principal cannot even drag a child back from a fight without the parents wanting to sue the ISD. We've already tied their hands behind their back, and now we're getting mad that they don't want to be hit by a kid nor do they want their jobs on the chopping block because some irate parent thinks their child is an angel and would not hurt a fly. This is what you get; the teachers calling the police that does not mind kicking your child's butt.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:33 PM

I'm not willing to make assumptions about it his prior arrests, you are. I don't make assumptions about them either way, good or bad. And yes, kids around here get away with a lot that I wish they didn't get away with, but so do kids around his way. But the fact remains, shopping carts and children don't get thrown off of roofs where I live, and I like it that way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City