Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-13-2014, 09:12 AM

7,934 posts, read 8,587,137 times

Advertisements

It's not totally unprecedented for cities to demolish housing projects. Newark did it. Chicago tore down Cabrini Green.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2014, 09:37 AM

445 posts, read 1,448,231 times
Chicago tore down more than Cabrini Green. They also tore down the Robert Taylor Homes on the South Side. All of the high-rise PJ's in Chicago have been destroyed. The crime rate may have decreased slightly in neighborhoods which previously had projects but the previous residents had to go somewhere and as a result the adjacent neighborhoods have had an increase in crime.

Old 03-13-2014, 11:13 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,053,451 times
Tall residential towers are unmanageable??? In what universe?

Sorry, the well-off who despise the poor need to come up with a better excuse than "unamageable" to tear down the homes of the poor.
Buildings are "unmanageable" because the managers are incompetent and for no other reason.

Buildings where minorities live are despised for a very few reasons: thinly veiled RACISM and even less thinly veiled CLASSISM.

Old 03-14-2014, 07:43 AM

6 posts, read 11,612 times
Airborneguy I am glad grammer is of great importance to you!!!!!
However it doesnt change the fact that you and the rest of the ignorant *******s have your minds set on nycha or any public housing. Hey I wouldn't mind them tearing it down just so the ppl you despise the most can be your next door neighbors!!! Have a great day

Old 03-14-2014, 08:06 AM

18,462 posts, read 31,617,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzannoyyed View Post
Airborneguy I am glad grammer is of great importance to you!!!!!
However it doesnt change the fact that you and the rest of the ignorant *******s have your minds set on nycha or any public housing. Hey I wouldn't mind them tearing it down just so the ppl you despise the most can be your next door neighbors!!! Have a great day

dont ya hate when you are having a discussion and someone has to correct your grammar, hello, this isnt english lit 101.

and FWIW, English isnt everyones mother tongue, i know it isnt mine.

Old 03-14-2014, 08:31 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,708,175 times
At one point didn't Trump offer to buy out all the projects downtown and convert them into luxury condos? He was willing to pay off all the residents tens of thousands and relocate them but the city didn't go for it

Old 03-14-2014, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
dont ya hate when you are having a discussion and someone has to correct your grammar, hello, this isnt english lit 101.

Exactly he didn't have a valid argument so he decided to focus in on something irrelevant

Old 03-14-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
At one point didn't Trump offer to buy out all the projects downtown and convert them into luxury condos? He was willing to pay off all the residents tens of thousands and relocate them but the city didn't go for it
Why would the city? Do the math their are thousand of tenants they still pay rent the money goes to the city. Why sell the property to put money in someone else's pocket

Old 03-14-2014, 09:32 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,398,173 times
I doubt if the city can afford to end that cash cow by demolishing all the projects.
think about it. they're making money off people's suffering, just like the jails.
the politicians have it all figured out how to manipulate the masses.

Old 03-14-2014, 09:36 AM

1,271 posts, read 3,231,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
It's not totally unprecedented for cities to demolish housing projects. Newark did it. Chicago tore down Cabrini Green.
In fact, it's mostly unprecedented *not* to tear down housing projects. NYC is the only major city that hasn't torn down and replaced most of its 50s/60s public housing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City