Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2014, 04:50 PM

154 posts, read 361,648 times

Advertisements

^^^^
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2014, 05:05 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
The only thing I dont like about the Transplants is that they help raise the cost of living in NYC and made NYC a much more competitive place to find a good paying or decent paying job. I also tranplants are very superficial. Nonetheless Transplants have been cool with me and Transplant women are much more friendlier, out going and laid back compared to local breed ladies that live in the outer borough's and upper Manhattan.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:05 PM

912 posts, read 1,132,698 times
I'm not particularly fond of transplants, but honestly, I have better things to worry about than where people are from. If anything, Native NYers that constantly complain about transplants annoy me a whole lot more than the transplants themselves. As long as you don't bring crime into my neighborhood and pay your rent on time, I could not care less where you're from. My nicest tenant to date has been a graduate student from Ohio. She's quiet, clean, and always on time. In fact, despite the rent increases in my area lately, I actually lowered her rent last year because she's such a good tenant. If only all tenants realized that if you're a good tenant, your landlord will be reasonable and helpful (assuming they're a human being and not a corporation.)

Last edited by Astorian31; 01-10-2014 at 05:22 PM..

Old 01-10-2014, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
I'm not particularly fond of transplants, but honestly, I have better things to worry about than where people are from. If anything, Native NYers that constantly complain about transplants annoy more a whole lot more than the transplants themselves. As long as you don't bring crime into my neighborhood and pay your rent on time, I could not care less where you're from. My nicest tenant to date has been a graduate student from Ohio. She's quiet, clean, and always on time. In fact, despite the rent increases in my area lately, I actually lowered her rent last year because she's such a good tenant. If only all tenants realized that if you're a good tenant, your landlord will be reasonable and helpful (assuming they're a human being and not a corporation.)
pls youre a landlord, youre not one of us

Old 01-10-2014, 05:17 PM

912 posts, read 1,132,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turner23x View Post
pls youre a landlord, youre not one of us
I was born and raised in NYC, and in fact, I've probably lived in NYC for longer than some posters here have been alive. The only difference between you and I, is that when I graduated college I had enough sense to save every penny possible for a couple years, and bought a house. No need to be bitter that you're late to the game, OP.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:30 PM

2,894 posts, read 5,907,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astorian31 View Post
I'm not particularly fond of transplants, but honestly, I have better things to worry about than where people are from. If anything, Native NYers that constantly complain about transplants annoy me a whole lot more than the transplants themselves. As long as you don't bring crime into my neighborhood and pay your rent on time, I could not care less where you're from. My nicest tenant to date has been a graduate student from Ohio. She's quiet, clean, and always on time. In fact, despite the rent increases in my area lately, I actually lowered her rent last year because she's such a good tenant. If only all tenants realized that if you're a good tenant, your landlord will be reasonable and helpful (assuming they're a human being and not a corporation.)
Fellow Astorian nailed it.

The whining and moaning of these so called native NYers is so annoying it's not even funny anymore.

Get over yourselves people.
Demographics change, neighborhoods change, New York City will continue to change and there's not a damn things you cry babies can do about it.
So get on with your lives. You'll live happier.

Old 01-10-2014, 05:37 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,052,004 times
Some Transplants are ok in my book. Made some good friends out of Transplants.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:07 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,430,950 times
NYC has always been about transplants. It's the type of transplants coming here now that are annoying. I guess post Sex and The City I am S.O.L but I can wish right.

I have nothing in common with these people and I find it very difficult to make small talk with them. Unfortunately the people I do want to meet are hard to locate or are in hiding like me.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:07 PM

112 posts, read 352,718 times
Some neighborhoods become very concentrated with immigrants from a particular area, case in point: Russians, Bukharians, and Uzbeks in Rego Park. They tend to be very clannish and generally only socialize and associate with others of their own ethnicity. Those who have lived in the neighborhood prior to their arrival now have to put up with a population that is very unfriendly and totally non-neighborly to them. It sucks.

Old 01-10-2014, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
NYC has always been about transplants. It's the type of transplants coming here now that are annoying. I guess post Sex and The City I am S.O.L but I can wish right.

I have nothing in common with these people and I find it very difficult to make small talk with them. Unfortunately the people I do want to meet are hard to locate or are in hiding like me.
this is exactly how i feel
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City