Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2014, 12:53 PM

5 posts, read 107,634 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cookiez1982 View Post
Your case has not been denied. I went up there earlier this morning. They said many of us have the same status. They are working on fixing it. We are still on the waiting list. Call the local number for more info. (718)707-7771.
Thanks. I'll try and stay posted about what happens next.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2014, 01:06 PM

25 posts, read 237,247 times
You're welcome. :-)

Old 02-06-2014, 01:38 PM

1 posts, read 4,298 times
I called today they told me that its a computer error that unfortunately many of us got, case its safe and active, they working on correcting the issue

Old 02-06-2014, 02:47 PM

226 posts, read 1,098,062 times
Quote:
No it doesn't . It's an agency error. I was at the Queens office today, and they told me that it's an agency area. You're still in the waiting list. They are working on correcting the problem. I wish people knew what they were talking about before replying to you, sir.
She asked what the status meant and exactly what i said is what it means. Now if its an agency error,then thats just that an agency error,however it still means that you have either accepted an apartment within another program which would be sec 8 as the other program if you have recieved nycha already. I got the same message once i moved into my apt,so my status isnt a agency error cookiez1982

Old 02-06-2014, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
She asked what the status meant and exactly what i said is what it means. Now if its an agency error,then thats just that an agency error,however it still means that you have either accepted an apartment within another program which would be sec 8 as the other program if you have recieved nycha already. I got the same message once i moved into my apt,so my status isnt a agency error cookiez1982

This may sound like crazy talk but my cousin took me to a psychic who predicted that I would get approved for housing this month. She had a good reputation..... Now I am disabled and on SSI I have no record of being a criminal and I am by myself. (I can't have children and I'm not married) Perhaps the odds are in my favor for this? So if what you are saying is true...would that mean I got section 8? I kinda believe you, and if it is true I am worried about this process because I am in an abusive situation with my family. I don't know how I'm going to do all this by myself???? I only have a love interest but he won't really commit to me. We'll wait and see who's right lol....I'll keep you posted. Thank you

Old 02-06-2014, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetie24 View Post
This may sound like crazy talk but my cousin took me to a psychic who predicted that I would get approved for housing this month. She had a good reputation..... Now I am disabled and on SSI I have no record of being a criminal and I am by myself. (I can't have children and I'm not married) Perhaps the odds are in my favor for this? So if what you are saying is true...would that mean I got section 8? I kinda believe you, and if it is true I am worried about this process because I am in an abusive situation with my family. I don't know how I'm going to do all this by myself???? I only have a love interest but he won't really commit to me. We'll wait and see who's right lol....I'll keep you posted. Thank you

I don't mean to be sarcastic if I came off that way....I pray for all of you who need the assistance and the housing....

Old 02-06-2014, 08:44 PM

I think it was a glitch...now it's back to Active Preliminary Wait list again *sigh*

Old 02-06-2014, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MzINeedNYCHA View Post
Ok..... they wanted to know why the message was there on their application status when they were just on the waiting list if they didn't receive prior notice. It was indeed an agency error, ma'am

Old 02-06-2014, 11:31 PM

Anyway, everything is back to normal, folks. I wish they were processing section8 applications, tho. I got an app from 2007 that is still active.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:47 AM

226 posts, read 1,098,062 times
Quote:
Ok..... they wanted to know why the message was there on their application status when they were just on the waiting list if they didn't receive prior notice. It was indeed an agency error, ma'am
Smh,re-read her original post.....she wanted to know what it meant,not why it was there. However totally understandable as to it being a agency error,my status is still the same,which indeed answered her initial question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City