Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2013, 07:25 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper03 View Post
Right now the college students/hipsters/transplants like pills..opiates...benzos..or stimulants. Right now one 30mg Oxycontin pill goes for $20 on the street and someone with tolerance can pop 4-5 of these at a time. That's $80-$100 right there. These suburbian kids have been getting into their parents stash for years and think nothing of it until they got a gorilla sized habit. I've got patients on pain management who receive up to 240 percocets a month or they get large amounts of oxycontin...they are selling these pills on the street. Once the kids can't afford the pills they are moving onto heroin and diverted methadone. Most of the black and brown kids from the "hood" are into weed. It's very rare for me to see a black or brown person under 30 with opiate and benzo addiction. Most of the young patients
hooked on opiates and benzos are white and they came here from the burbs.

14th street between 1st and 3rd is a nightmare on the weekends. Walk around the neighborhood after 12am and you will see many people laid out right on the sidewalk or wandering around high as a kite.

I've had to step over piles of human sh*t, thinking to myself...this is supposed to be better than the Bronx?
Even worse, plenty of vomit are in and around those streets. A couple of years back I was at a sports bar which is located right across the street from Websterhall and just having a couple of drinks. I go outside for a bit and observe seeing a Dominican guy walking quickly going up into a tenement and within five minutes come back out! I knew it was a drug transaction. Later that day I observed a similar act by a man with dreads with a Jamaican accent while he yapped on his iphone, goes upstairs and comes back down five minutes later. A good thing there was no cops lingering around in the area because if they noticed this type of behavior these two individuals of Caribbean heritage would have been arrested. You also forgot Yuppie my friend. I agree these Suburban White/Transplant/Hipster/Yuppie need their fix like almost every other day or else they would go crazy. Some of them eat shrooms to get high, pop and E pill, I even seen some mix advil or Tylenol with a shot of Vodka or Rum. I also notice that some of these out of town white folks don't smoke similar weed that locals in NYC smoke to get high such as Purple Haze, Apple, Sour which are mostly found in PJS poor tenements even outskirt Suburban homes of the city. OUt of towners smoke a different weed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2013, 07:32 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Even worse, plenty of vomit are in and around those streets. A couple of years back I was at a sports bar which is located right across the street from Websterhall and just having a couple of drinks. I go outside for a bit and observe seeing a Dominican guy walking quickly going up into a tenement and within five minutes come back out! I knew it was a drug transaction. Later that day I observed a similar act by a man with dreads with a Jamaican accent while he yapped on his iphone, goes upstairs and comes back down five minutes later. A good thing there was no cops lingering around in the area because if they noticed this type of behavior these two individuals of Caribbean heritage would have been arrested. You also forgot Yuppie my friend. I agree these Suburban White/Transplant/Hipster/Yuppie need their fix like almost every other day or else they would go crazy. Some of them eat shrooms to get high, pop and E pill, I even seen some mix advil or Tylenol with a shot of Vodka or Rum. I also notice that some of these out of town white folks don't smoke similar weed that locals in NYC smoke to get high such as Purple Haze, Apple, Sour which are mostly found in PJS poor tenements even outskirt Suburban homes of the city. OUt of towners smoke a different weed.
Man! That's true. Usually folks who like to have an halluinogenic effect and see god.

Old 04-30-2013, 07:43 AM

At a party, I once observed a chick who was very drunk an tried to shoot speed up her vein. She culd not hit right and blood was running all down her arm. It was one of the most disgusting sights I ever seen. Probably she lost everything in that blood spill.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:06 AM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,441 times
trust me weed is not the only drug being used in urban america. maybe the teens are mostly smoking weed, but tons of heroin is pushed in the inner citys. it blows my mind how many huge heroin busts are being made every week in american cities, large and small. so somebody is using all this H.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
trust me weed is not the only drug being used in urban america. maybe the teens are mostly smoking weed, but tons of heroin is pushed in the inner citys. it blows my mind how many huge heroin busts are being made every week in american cities, large and small. so somebody is using all this H.
Gotta ask Indian, Russian and Chinese dealers who have easy access to Middle Eastern and Central Asian suppliers for heroin.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just1Lion View Post
I'd rather be, if I had to choose a heroin addict than benzo slave.

Old 04-30-2013, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Gotta ask Indian, Russian and Chinese dealers who have easy access to Middle Eastern and Central Asian suppliers for heroin.
Those cats have a lot of oil in the Ural/Siberian region.

Old 04-30-2013, 10:07 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,043,403 times
Yes, delivery is the in thing right now. The day of the corner boys in the boroughs is just about finished due to stop &frisk. Dealers much rather go to the person's home and you know if they do all of that you have to buy more than a dime bag of weed or 2 percocets. The "special" weed thing is a way to make the most profit for the risk taken. If the police catch you with more than a half ounce you're going down. Why take the risk to sell an ounce of regluar weed at $10 a bag when you can charge $20 or more for the same volume? The judge won't care if it was kush, haze, purple...whatever...so you might as well make the most profit you can for the risk.

Quote:

Last edited by Jasper03; 04-30-2013 at 11:05 AM..

Old 04-30-2013, 12:31 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,980,472 times
Number one, I think some of you are telling on yourself when you talk about drug deliveries. There's no way you'd know that much about this stuff unless you're personally involved. And to those personally involved, since that's their life, they are often convinced the whole world lives like this because they do it.

You might not want to talk about this stuff online too much, you might get yourself busted. (For the record, I have never done drugs or anything illegal in my life).

Number 2, I have friends who are wealthy who live in doorman buildings. There's no way they are allowing people from the hood to come to their place. For starters, they wouldn't want people to know what's going on, and if the ghetto drug dealer did something stupid, they would hear it big time from their neighborhoods and the building management. You could even be forced to sell your co op if the co op board thought you broke the terms of the co op (having shady thugs over who endanger the other residents).

Old 04-30-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
Number one, I think some of you are telling on yourself when you talk about drug deliveries. There's no way you'd know that much about this stuff unless you're personally involved. And to those personally involved, since that's their life, they are often convinced the whole world lives like this because they do it.

You might not want to talk about this stuff online too much, you might get yourself busted. (For the record, I have never done drugs or anything illegal in my life).

Number 2, I have friends who are wealthy who live in doorman buildings. There's no way they are allowing people from the hood to come to their place. For starters, they wouldn't want people to know what's going on, and if the ghetto drug dealer did something stupid, they would hear it big time from their neighborhoods and the building management. You could even be forced to sell your co op if the co op board thought you broke the terms of the co op (having shady thugs over who endanger the other residents).

You'd be surprise who does what drugs and who delivers these drugs in expensive subdivided tenements, coops and condos doorman or not. I have seen it already and some of these guys that deliver drugs are from the hood or if not a hipster looking guy. I used to know a guy who is Central American who used to hail from Bushwick to deliver his stuff in midtown. I don't know what became of him. I had one guy ask me near Tompkins Square Park if I had a connect. I'm like what the hell is that? Do I look Dominican to you? I thought he meant Xbox360 Kinect, he was asking me if I had a Connection for drugs. SMH on these folks that they out right presume that Hispanic looking people have drugs. I wonder if they think all Blacks carry guns? However these suburban white millennial kids are supposed to be the most liberal people in the country but have these presumptions and assumptions of others!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City