Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2013, 09:47 PM

5,450 posts, read 2,719,419 times

Advertisements

I just went on the Federal Unemployment Extension (EUC) after having been on 6 months of regular unemployment.
A week or so so into the extension they asked me for my work search records for the past 4 weeks.
I was ready, no problem. It was part of a required walk in to hear a how to search for work lecture.

When I look at this Fed extension amount total which I am getting in weekly increments it appears to be longer than 6 months of payments, haven't done the math yet.

Should I expect another request that I show them my job search records in some predictable period of time?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 05:25 PM

43,669 posts, read 44,406,521 times
I believe that they can ask you for job search records at any time (as much as weekly if they wish). So it is always good to be prepared.

Old 05-03-2013, 01:55 AM

5,450 posts, read 2,719,419 times
I want to know form somebody that has been on the extension do they random check the work searches at anytime?

Old 05-04-2013, 06:37 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
They are so harried with the immense number of people unemployed, there isn't much checking going on.
Friend has been on and off unemployement for YEARS and his work search record was never checked.

They probably pick a few at random and you COULD lose the luck of the draw but I wouldn't let it keep me awake at night.

Years ago it was much more stringent.

Instead of pestering people who cannot find work, the government should use its time and OUR money trying to increase the number of jobs out there. All they know is to pile newly printed money into the vaults of the big banks and hope for the best. It AIN'T working.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: