Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2018, 10:17 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,043,499 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's pathetic that you think it's okay that they have been excluded from the census for years. Of course they make up a small amount. How many Mexicans even admit or know that they have black in them? Give me a break. Given how racist Mexico has been towards blacks there, of course they're going to say that the black population is small, and you condone it because you've repeatedly played up Mexico having an insignificant black population in your own ignorance.

Most Latin American countries undercount how many blacks are in the country anyway. I'll never forget meeting a Dominican guy who was clearly mixed with black. He told me in DR, when it came time to put down what his background was the lady who was taking down his information told him he was "Indio", and that's what was listed on his ID card. He laughed because he acknowledged that he was black, but clearly understood why the lady did what she did. Essentially no one wants to admit that they have black blood in Latin America. That's like a dirty secret or something. Supposedly, only DR, PR, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia and a few other countries have black Hispanics (only because it can't be hidden with so many people from there clearly looking black and having black features), otherwise it would be denied there too.

Just amazing how the Spanish racist system has remained in place, with whites being at the top, mestizo being after that, and black being seen as the lowest of the low. However it is nice to see some Latinos acknowledging their black heritage and admitting it because plenty still deny it in 2018. Time to modernize and get rid of the colonial way of thinking!
Why do so many Americans believe in one drop rule?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2018, 10:24 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,453,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Because of colonialism, etc.

Same reason why East Asians are conditioned to date Caucasians.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:25 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
You answered your own question FaM

I thought u was smart!

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-08-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierrepont7731 View Post
That's pathetic that you think it's okay that they have been excluded from the census for years. Of course they make up a small amount. How many Mexicans even admit or know that they have black in them? Give me a break. Given how racist Mexico has been towards blacks there, of course they're going to say that the black population is small, and you condone it because you've repeatedly played up Mexico having an insignificant black population in your own ignorance.

Most Latin American countries undercount how many blacks are in the country anyway. I'll never forget meeting a Dominican guy who was clearly mixed with black. He told me in DR, when it came time to put down what his background was the lady who was taking down his information told him he was "Indio", and that's what was listed on his ID card. He laughed because he acknowledged that he was black, but clearly understood why the lady did what she did. Essentially no one wants to admit that they have black blood in Latin America. That's like a dirty secret or something. Supposedly, only DR, PR, Panama, Venezuela, Colombia and a few other countries have black Hispanics (only because it can't be hidden with so many people from there clearly looking black and having black features), otherwise it would be denied there too.

Just amazing how the Spanish racist system has remained in place, with whites being at the top, mestizo being after that, and black being seen as the lowest of the low. However it is nice to see some Latinos acknowledging their black heritage and admitting it because plenty still deny it in 2018. Time to modernize and get rid of the colonial way of thinking!
The Spanish practice a method called Sistema castiza or caste system. Whites at the top, mixed people like myself in the middle. Mixed persons such as Mulatto and Mestizo are in the middle. Black Africans and Native Americans are at the bottom. If anyone wants to see real white supremacy, especially you Americans who feel victimized, or believe in such victimization thanks to PC and Identity politics. Visit Mexico, visit Latin America, visit South Africa. IN these places whites are the minority but control economic resources or political system, and the majority don't. I'm sure you Victimized American folks will be singing a different tune when coming back to the states after visiting a real white supremacist nation! As for colonialism? That's dead. The big problem now is that woke folks both black and white want the end of the idea of globalism. The future of America no longer black, white or red. Granted. People deserve the right to be with their own group, however people will come together naturally. The future of this country is going to be brown.

ALso Peru and Ecuador has substantial black population. Look at Ecuador national football club made up of mostly black people.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-9BK-I849U

Old 04-08-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
You answered your own question FaM

I thought u was smart!
I never got back a response. THis is something I always wanted to know.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:30 AM

34,088 posts, read 47,285,846 times
Quote:
I never got back a response. THis is something I always wanted to know.
Umm because Americans do that......thats the answer....

I thought U was on it

Guess noT

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 04-08-2018, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeventhFloor View Post
Umm because Americans do that......thats the answer....

I thought U was on it

Guess noT
I was never on it. I was brought up to believe that I'm mixed race and multi ethnic. that's all.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:36 AM

The one drop rule is just conditioning, and propaganda.

It puts us in a "crab in the barrel" type of situation. The idea that a Black person can be Black, and White, at the same time is entirely too much for some people. Causes their head to explode. Then we have this whole Black guilt thing that we try to put on multiracial people. And you also have a lot of Black people that do not want to be Black.

The truth of the matter is that the average Black person is, at best, 87% sub Saharan African. So we're not as Black as we think that we are. Multiracial are more like 50% sub Saharan African or less. Very few 100% in this country. And then of course you have Africans that aren't even from that part of the continent, like North Africans, that African-Americans do not want to claim as Black because they might have blue eyes or light skin.

The struggle is real.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
The one drop rule is just conditioning, and propaganda.

It puts us in a "crab in the barrel" type of situation. The idea that a Black person can be Black, and White, at the same time is entirely too much for some people. Causes their head to explode. Then we have this whole Black guilt thing that we try to put on multiracial people. And you also have a lot of Black people that do not want to be Black.

The truth of the matter is that the average Black person is, at best, 87% sub Saharan African. So we're not as Black as we think that we are. Multiracial are more like 50% sub Saharan African or less. Very few 100% in this country. And then of course you have Africans that aren't even from that part of the continent, like North Africans, that African-Americans do not want to claim as Black because they might have blue eyes or light skin.

The struggle is real.
I guess Heather Locklear is black than right? She is Tri-racial, Even though she appears to look physically white. I agree with the conditioning and propaganda.

Old 04-08-2018, 10:55 AM

Quote:
I guess Heather Locklear is black than right? She is Tri-racial, Even though she appears to look physically white. I agree with the conditioning and propaganda.
Technically I guess she is Black. I never knew about Heather Locklear. A lot of people that look White are Black, according to that one drop rule. I think the right way to look at it is that they are multiracial.

Now you may laugh at me but I never knew that Quincy Jones daughter was Black. She was always cast as a White woman on television and in movies. Or at least in the few things I've seen her in. When I found out, took another look and it's like "oh okay now I get it". That is what happens when you never look at a person closely and you just take things for granted.

If you hadn't mentioned it I would still think that Heather Locklear is Caucasian.

Another interesting thing is that Caucasians are varied just like Black people. But again, self hatred, we never look at it that way. We just assume that all Whites have European ancestry and never take anything else into consideration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City