Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 08:59 PM

1 posts, read 2,148 times

Advertisements

Hello, I live on 87th street and this woman is here everyday, early in the morning and early evening. She is a menace! She has an accomplice, a younger man she travels with. She seems to have a routine going and has made 87th street her home for the past few months or so. She and her travel partner collect plastic bottles and sit in front of Doyle Gallery as a respite in between her screaming and spitting. It seems the police can't do anything unless she is actually assaulting someone, meaning if she spits on you, you can call it in and maybe the police will come. I have made complaints to 311 and have tried to research what agencies or social services might be of help to her. The screaming is awful and there seems to be little help from the local precinct. If anyone is on who lives on the upper east side, please feel free to chime in. Any thoughts would be welcoming. The residents of our building have had it with her screaming, hacking and spitting!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 09:54 PM

544 posts, read 1,527,295 times
I was nearly hit by a car because of her today. I was walking on a street in the mid 80's, when I heard "AH! [Spit]". That was her, few steps away crossing the street toward where I was going to pass. "AH! [Spit] AH! [Spit]" Not wanting to walk by her, I immediately turned left to cross the street to avoid her. I suddenly found myself directly in front of an oncoming car, few yards away. The driver must have thought I was insane to be in the middle of the street right in front of the car. I was stunned for a second, then ran to the other side.

The "AH!" was really loud! And the spit was really far (horizontal shooting)!

Old 06-12-2013, 04:22 AM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrusjul View Post
Not sure. But what if you spit them back? I will spit so many time on her face! See how she likes it.
Someone should vomit on her and see how she likes it!

Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 AM

4,320 posts, read 4,207,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
She would probably like that too. Like the title correctly diagnosed her -- she is crazy.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:25 PM

1,602 posts, read 1,915,997 times
I saw her last night, too, standing in a phone booth in front of the paint store on 84th and 3rd. Wasn't screaming....but doing that disgusting sneezing/spitting/snot rocket thing.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:33 PM

916 posts, read 2,247,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post

She might say Me like walking soup kitchen delivery. Yum... Yum... Come again!

Old 06-12-2013, 12:47 PM

11 posts, read 64,555 times
Maybe a disorder that she cannot control such as tourette syndrome that needs to be treated or on medication.

Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 PM

16,352 posts, read 8,097,884 times
Maybe a frontal lobotomy. (Just kidding.)

Old 06-12-2013, 02:50 PM

7 posts, read 13,065 times
I also live on E 87th St and this woman is there everyday. She comes by early in the morning screaming in what seems to be 3 scream blasts - and I have seen her spitting and doing that nose blowing thing that is beyond disgusting.
Only once has she ever approached me - I was walking my dog and she came up and advised me not to beat my dog because God is watching. I replied God is going to watch you get bit if you don't back away from me. From what I understand she also wanders around the Duane Read on the corner of 87th and 3rd asking everyone if they speak spanish. I wish that there was something that could be done about her - the spitting alone is disgusting if not dangerous she could have any number of communicable diseases that could spread by her disgusting ways.

Old 06-13-2013, 09:59 AM

544 posts, read 1,527,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC1972 View Post
I was walking my dog and she came up and advised me not to beat my dog because God is watching. I replied God is going to watch you get bit if you don't back away from me.

"Don't spit because God is watching."

The air of the upper east side is likely frequently filled with droplets from her mouth and nose. I try to hold my breath and pass quickly when seeing her around--wherever she had just passed, she had just sprayed with germs. What can we do, seriously? This is a public health hazard and should be removed from the street until she is cured, mentally and physically.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City