Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2013, 04:43 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
$95 million gets you a cute place in town:

It'a in a hotel but the hotel is the Sherry Netherlands and you get the entire 18th floor. I think it is the current most expensive offering in New York:

Brown Harris Stevens | Luxury Residential Real Estate: 781 Fifth Avenue, Upper East Side, New York City - $95,000,000
Now that looks like a place worth that kind of money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2013, 04:51 PM

834 posts, read 1,217,855 times
How one would earn $5 mil p.a. is the question. Most likely you would have had 2-3 mil per year before for some time, even as a young and upcoming investment broker. You also would work your behind off for that for bosses who pull 15, 50 mil per year. They would treat you accordingly like any other boss: Brag with their $100 mil yachts and houses. Put you down, lecture and patronize you. Make you responsible for their mistakes. Meaning you could be shafted at any minute.

Sock it away, I'd say. I have seen many promising NY careers derail in an instant. There's nothing wrong with modesty, shoveling the dough in, and getting the heck out of dodge ASAP.

Old 07-20-2013, 05:39 PM
PDF

11,395 posts, read 13,418,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaraBenNemsi View Post
How one would earn $5 mil p.a. is the question. Most likely you would have had 2-3 mil per year before for some time, even as a young and upcoming investment broker. You also would work your behind off for that for bosses who pull 15, 50 mil per year. They would treat you accordingly like any other boss: Brag with their $100 mil yachts and houses. Put you down, lecture and patronize you. Make you responsible for their mistakes. Meaning you could be shafted at any minute.

Sock it away, I'd say. I have seen many promising NY careers derail in an instant. There's nothing wrong with modesty, shoveling the dough in, and getting the heck out of dodge ASAP.
Well you could always be an actor or something. Plenty of them make 5 million a year.

Old 07-21-2013, 06:30 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Julia Roberts gets $21 Million per picture.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:40 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,410,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I'd definitely get Knicks courtside season tickets. Let's say they cost $150,000. That's just 6 percent of my disposable income.

The Range Rover I spec'd out cost about $140,000. My wife needs her own car too though. A fully loaded Audi A6 is only $70,000.

Throw in another $100,000 for private school tuition.

Another $100,000 for vacations.

And another $100,000 for shopping and dining.

$504,000 towards the mortgage every year.

$10,000 for utilities, parking, maid, drivers, misc.

That's $1,074,000 (even if I bought new cars each year). I'd still have nearly $1.4 million left each year after all of those expenses.
Yuk at Audi.

Old 07-22-2013, 03:52 PM

506 posts, read 1,011,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
Yuk at Audi.
what would you recommend instead?

Old 07-22-2013, 03:56 PM

I hate houses so I would buy me a triplex style condo. The only place I wouldn't buy a spot in would be the fashion district(WORST PLACE IN THE CITY). I'd also probably invest in a beach house in Miami which I would Only use on some holidays. I'd save a good amount to start up a business. I would buy my dream car which is a Maserati MC straddle, and if I'm not in the mood to drive if have my own rolls Royce ghost EWB with a personal driver.

My life is pretty simple. Not really into using helicopters and having personal shoppers.

Mind you I hate houses so if I do end up getting one I would barely be in it and it would be located down south somewhere.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:00 PM

420 posts, read 698,040 times
Big Ass Apartment with more than enough space for Roam and Roam Jr's activities

Roam Jr's schooling money set aside instantly.

Nieces and Nephews school money set aside at a slower rate.

Exclusive yearly pre-paid black Metrocard with name on it and signed on back by Mayor. Delivered to apartment yearly in briefcase.

Might own decent Audi.

Travel Budget (Africa, Japan, Brazil, China and India)
Film crew with me filming "The Black Man Done Made It" documentary.

Hire financial advisor for biz investments

Philanthropy

Start Media Production Business

Invest in a soundstage/photo space business.

Sponsor Art & Music events

Support Programs for inner-city youth mind expansion.

Invest in real estate in emerging areas.

Old 07-22-2013, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Plissken View Post
what would you recommend instead?
I hate Audi. I'm a huge BMW/jaguar fan though. Mercedes is the true boss but their car exteriors look to plain. I love the Mercedes CL.

Audis look way to plain, overrated don't drive better then BMW or Benz.

My dream car is a Maserati MC straddle. Know one in their right mind can compare Audi to it. You don't have the MAN in you to say both cars are in the same league.

Old 07-22-2013, 06:23 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,251,217 times
The Mercedes and Audi can be plain but at the sametime very high-class and sophisticated. Keeping it simple is stylistically often the way to go. On the other hand Saab and Volvo sedans have the most comfortable front seats on the market IMO. Saab 9-5 from the early 00's is like sitting in the cockpit of an airplane.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City