Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-17-2013, 06:39 AM

216 posts, read 372,924 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything about Hanac Weatherization? I just moved into a new building this past weekend and yesterday I found a note on my door stating I needed to fill out an application for Hanac Weatherization.

I am just trying to find out more information regarding the program. I went on their website and it looks like they are for low income families, however, I am not considered low income based on my salary.

Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 04:25 PM

25,368 posts, read 37,084,455 times
Quote:

HANAC Weatherization Referral & Packaging Program (WRAP)

WRAP offers home-related services to lower energy costs and increase the
comfort level in homes of low-income elderly and the disabled.

To qualify, individuals must also be income-eligible for the HEAP program and
must reside in a 1 through 4 unit dwelling. HANAC staff members are trained to
conduct a comprehensive heat analysis in the home to determine why a home may be
cold and drafty, why the heating bills are high, and to assess eligibility.

Services include testing, cleaning and repairs to the heating systems,
insulation of doors and windows and weather-stripping, repairs to roofs and
gutters and all energy conservation measures that are needed in the house. When
needed, referrals are also made to social service agencies.

This program, which is funded through the New York City Department for the
Aging, assists approximately 80 eligible seniors annually and operates daily
from 9:00am to 5:00pm.
HANAC, Inc. is a New York City based multi-faceted social services organization

Seems for small buildings and low income or seniors only.

Old 07-19-2013, 05:18 PM

9,847 posts, read 25,246,876 times
HANAC is non-profit community organization and they are part of a network of providers in the Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP). The WAP is a federal program that provides energy efficient improvements to low income households. It is administered at NY state level through New York State Homes and Community Renewal aka DHCR. It is possible that even though your family is not eligible, your building as a whole may be eligible if the majority of the people in your building qualify for the program. If so you may still be able to get the benefits of the program. Which may include improvements such as new windows, refrigerators, a new boiler, etc. In order to verify if the building is eligible they need all the tenants to be income qualified which is done through an application.

Weatherization Assistance Program (WAP)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: