Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2007, 09:30 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times

Advertisements

You might miss NYC,but every year more people move out than move in. Quality of life is of utmost importance

Whose quality????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2007, 09:41 PM

2,885 posts, read 1,985,419 times
New York is hard to get out of your soul. It took me years to get over it after I left, and everytime I come back, it's still home, and I get the same thrill.

Old 11-15-2007, 03:27 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lillietta View Post
New York is hard to get out of your soul. It took me years to get over it after I left, and everytime I come back, it's still home, and I get the same thrill.
+1, I hate visiting NYC for that very reason.

Old 11-15-2007, 11:37 PM

32 posts, read 93,526 times
I know how you feel SinisterCadre! I am in NM for my graduate degree and love the area and beauty of the landscape but nothing beats NYC.

Old 11-18-2007, 07:08 PM

371 posts, read 1,106,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vantastic10 View Post
You might miss NYC,but every year more people move out than move in. Quality of life is of utmost importance.
Actually ur wrong since there r new homes being built in new york many people are moving in. i can tell because i travel all around the city where there r new condominiums all around then when they r finish being built they r filled people

Old 11-18-2007, 07:10 PM

371 posts, read 1,106,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
+1, I hate visiting NYC for that very reason.
No one hates nyc they envy it, it seems like hate

Old 11-18-2007, 08:23 PM

706 posts, read 3,764,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SinisterCadre View Post
That's all.
Awwww, I feel for you.

That's why I'm afraid to leave.

I have many friends who have taken off to Florida, North Carolina, Georgia.

But I know of folks who want to come back. Some won't say it.

Some do come back, but it's not the same as when they sold a 4, 5, hundred thousand dollar home and got one for 10 thousand where they moved to.

Now they've got less money, and lots of big furniture for what was their big southern living and bedrooms.

I'm staying!

at least until retirement...

I think.

Old 11-18-2007, 09:57 PM

6,993 posts, read 17,369,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCBoy1212 View Post
No one hates nyc they envy it, it seems like hate
I didn't say i hate new york city, I said I hate visiting NYC. Makes me want to move back home. It also makes coming back to the crap hole that is fort lauderdale that much harder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnaReed View Post
Awwww, I feel for you.

That's why I'm afraid to leave.

I have many friends who have taken off to Florida, North Carolina, Georgia.

But I know of folks who want to come back. Some won't say it.

Some do come back, but it's not the same as when they sold a 4, 5, hundred thousand dollar home and got one for 10 thousand where they moved to.

Now they've got less money, and lots of big furniture for what was their big southern living and bedrooms.

I'm staying!

at least until retirement...

I think.
good decision. I know a girl from the Bx who just moved to south florida a year ago, and she is already plotting her escape back to the city. My cousins friend moved down here and after six months she moved. Now she is in a state other than NYC and she is still not happy. She will either end up back in NYC or she will settle for less where she is and never be 100% happy. I have tons of stories like that, I mean it always seems like bouncing is the best idea but when you get to see what the rest of the country has to offer in comparison to NYC, it really makes you regret leaving.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:13 AM

1,526 posts, read 5,604,202 times
Everyone I've read on this forum or met in person who moved to Fla from NYC is miserable. Don't don't don't do it....

Old 11-19-2007, 04:14 AM

1,526 posts, read 5,604,202 times
People who want to move back...you can still do so, and afford it too. What are you waiting for? If you wait much longer , no place will be affordable....either to rent or own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: