Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2015, 09:44 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,531,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
In other words, it's OK to violate the civil rights of blacks/Latinos to make racist white people feel safe.

What we need is a large contingent of black cops harassing white people in Manhattan. Any well dressed white person should be immediately searched and antagonized.
Nobody should be searched without probable cause, it's a shame how many people support SnF and want it to be reinstated, despite crime in NYC continuing to FALL after SnF was eliminated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2015, 12:14 PM

15,883 posts, read 14,555,736 times
Is it more okay to violate the civil rights of blacks/Latinos to keep large numbers of the same from getting killed (which has been the case)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgn2013 View Post
In other words, it's OK to violate the civil rights of blacks/Latinos to make racist white people feel safe.

What we need is a large contingent of black cops harassing white people in Manhattan. Any well dressed white person should be immediately searched and antagonized.

Old 05-02-2015, 12:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
Is it more okay to violate the civil rights of blacks/Latinos to keep large numbers of the same from getting killed (which has been the case)?
The murder rate in NYC continued to decrease in 2013 (S&F drastically scaled down) and 2014 (S&F eliminated), so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Also, many Latino neighborhoods in NYC are very safe, I would say that most of them outside of The Bronx and upper Manhattan are.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:07 AM

I think that was more inertia than anything else. I think the throwdown Bla had with the cops last year was really the turning point. Murders and shooting seem to be heading up this year. We'll see what it looks like by the end of Bla's (hopefully only) term.

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
The murder rate in NYC continued to decrease in 2013 (S&F drastically scaled down) and 2014 (S&F eliminated), so I don't think it has anything to do with that. Also, many Latino neighborhoods in NYC are very safe, I would say that most of them outside of The Bronx and upper Manhattan are.

Old 05-03-2015, 11:56 AM

7,643 posts, read 6,506,967 times
Who's going to replace De blasio? That's an even bigger question. Many people didn't even go out to vote last election.

Also, uniformed officers need to have body cameras

Old 05-03-2015, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBMW View Post
I think that was more inertia than anything else. I think the throwdown Bla had with the cops last year was really the turning point. Murders and shooting seem to be heading up this year. We'll see what it looks like by the end of Bla's (hopefully only) term.
Murders are up somewhat I think, but that's a little misleading since there are only 9 more YTD murders now than last year. Overall crime has gone down 11%, which is more telling.

Old 05-03-2015, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
Who's going to replace De blasio? That's an even bigger question. Many people didn't even go out to vote last election.

Also, uniformed officers need to have body cameras
Most of the De Blasio hate seems to come from Long Islanders and other suburbanites rather than people who actually live in NYC, so I do think there's a pretty good chance he'll get reelected.

Old 05-03-2015, 08:16 PM

For twenty years voters in NYC elected Giuliani and then Bloomberg. It's those people who don't want Bla, including me. People have forgotten the bad old days. If Bla brings them back, he'll be toast.

Quote:
Most of the De Blasio hate seems to come from Long Islanders and other suburbanites rather than people who actually live in NYC, so I do think there's a pretty good chance he'll get reelected.

Old 05-04-2015, 06:15 AM

10,786 posts, read 11,354,609 times
Stop and frisk puts cops at more risk than the individual stopped. Of course the protesters would say that the officer violated the thugs civil rights by racially profiling him.

Police Officer Shot In The Face In Queens Village: Gothamist

Old 05-04-2015, 08:21 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,778,510 times
Quote:
Nobody should be searched without probable cause, it's a shame how many people support SnF and want it to be reinstated, despite crime in NYC continuing to FALL after SnF was eliminated.
Cops can do whatever they want. If there's no immediate cause they call in a police dog and the dog always smells some trace amount of something that's not even there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City