Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 06:05 PM

371 posts, read 526,896 times

Advertisements

I own a studio apt. in Brooklyn that I am trying to sell. The guy who I am working with doesn't bring that many people by. I don't want to get stuck in NYC and I would like to sell. I am not desperate as I don't need to get out of NYC right away.

My apt. is in really nice neighborhood of Bay Ridge and is near a botanical garden, restaurants and bars.

Should I be concerned if enough people are not coming by?? I am concerned that I am getting lied to. He told me that summer is a browsing period at best and it would pick up after the summer was over.

Is he telling the truth?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2013, 07:33 PM

912 posts, read 2,100,378 times
Sounds like your broker is a bumbling amateur

Old 08-10-2013, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borninnycliveinnyc View Post
Sounds like your broker is a bumbling amateur
Why is that? He said a lot of people go away on vacation over summer which is true.

I told him that I was going to look at other brokers and he said he would give me my release from the committment that I signed with him. I thought that was odd.

I thought it would go fast as housing prices are booming.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:21 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,362,113 times
-Did you have an open house?
-Do you have a nice description online with important information?
-Do you have decent pictures?
-Are you priced well?

Summer, at times, is more difficult. But I went to plenty of open houses last summer when we were looking for a place.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by city living View Post
-Did you have an open house?
-Do you have a nice description online with important information?
-Do you have decent pictures?
-Are you priced well?

Summer, at times, is more difficult. But I went to plenty of open houses last summer when we were looking for a place.
I asked him about the open house. Pics and price are fine. Great description, included is the fact that building is getting Verizon FIOS. No more relying on evil time Warner.

Old 08-11-2013, 08:44 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,359,828 times
Don;t like him/her? Switch brokers.

It really is as easy as that.

Old 08-11-2013, 11:12 AM

6,191 posts, read 7,362,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnewyorkcity View Post
I asked him about the open house. Pics and price are fine. Great description, included is the fact that building is getting Verizon FIOS. No more relying on evil time Warner.
FiOS isn't really that big of a deal anymore. Many of the buildings (including my current coop and the coop I used to rent) already have FiOS. I still look at anything that comes up on Trulia so I've probably seen your place. Good luck. However, if you don't like your broker, find a new one if/when you can.

Some units have come up for sale in my building (one bedrooms) with water views and I'm not even sure they're getting too many views. We'll see if they sell anytime soon...

Old 08-11-2013, 12:00 PM

211 posts, read 519,669 times
Well people look for apartments close to the subway stations and close to shops in that area, are you sure it's close? Being 10 blocks away from a station isn't considered being close. When appliances are renovated then they're a lot more appealing the buyer. I think you should just ignore buyers who aren't actually serious about buying because if they aren't; they are utter wastes of your time and potentially your money since I'm assuming you are still paying the maintenance and/or rent as you wait for buyers.

Old 08-11-2013, 12:46 PM

912 posts, read 2,100,378 times
I could flip the apt in a heart beat

Old 08-11-2013, 01:14 PM

1,145 posts, read 3,001,404 times
You're way behind if you don't understand something as basic as peak/slow selling seasons.

Agent is right that activity levels pick up after Labor Day. You can wait the month to see what happens up to say Sep 20 but by then, if nothing, your listing will become stale and you're likely to get only lowball bids. You'll likely have to drop your ask by then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: