Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2013, 08:24 AM

414 posts, read 538,039 times

Advertisements

Times Square shooting: Police wound 2 bystanders by mistake - CNN.com
"Police opened fire on an agitated man darting in front of cars in New York's Times Square, wounding two women instead."

Its NYPD, is anyone surprised?

"After the two officers fired three shoots in an attempt to subdue the man, and missed, they struck him with a Taser,"
FAIL. Am I the only one to think that perhaps the they did it in reverse order? I mean, gun, then taser, really? Only in NYC...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 08:34 AM

1,356 posts, read 1,223,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkc View Post
Times Square shooting: Police wound 2 bystanders by mistake - CNN.com
Police opened fire on an agitated man darting in front of cars in New York's Times Square, wounding two women instead.

Its NYPD, is anyone surprised?
I'm definitely not surprised that your the one that started this thread. And I'm not excusing anything that happened, don't know the facts. What I can't stand is people talking out of their ass about cops, firemen, sanitation etc. when most couldn't last a day in our shoes. Easy to talk from the outside looking in....you have no idea.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,382,695 times
NYC Cops shoot first and ask questions later because that is what they are trained to do. Welcome to the wonderful world that Ray Kelly has created, promoted, and instilled in the NYPD...it's the Wild West with no repercussions...and residents live in fear of cops.

RAY KELLY / GIULIANI / JOE LHOTA HAS TO GO.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
I'm definitely not surprised that your the one that started this thread. And I'm not excusing anything that happened, don't know the facts. What I can't stand is people talking out of their ass about cops, firemen, sanitation etc. when most couldn't last a day in our shoes. Easy to talk from the outside looking in....you have no idea.
lets just accept shooting multiple bystanders as a normal thing, ur rite, sorry that i brought this up...so inconsiderate of me to hurt yo lil e-feelings

Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 AM

106,735 posts, read 108,937,910 times
heck you better believe i would shoot first and ask questions later if i felt my life was threatened.

i already made the mistake of hesitating in a situation and trying to second guess the bad guys intentions and it could have been a fatal mistake for me had he carried out his threat.

hesitating after a hostle move by someone threatning you with harm is the worst thing i could have done . i did alot of thinking after my altercation and i hope not to ever make that mistake again.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:38 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,382,695 times
Then I am glad you are not a NYC police officer, because that is NOT the way to respond. Although under Ray Kelly you would be in the top brass! Maybe when you, your kids, or parents are shot "accidentally" under their shoot first/ask questions later, you will be not so supportive of this mentality.

Old 09-15-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathjak107 View Post
heck you better believe i would shoot first and ask questions later if i felt my life was threatened.

i already made the mistake of hesitating in a situation and trying to second guess the bad guys intentions and it could have been a fatal mistake for me had he carried out his threat..
move to florida, ud fit in perfect...

Old 09-15-2013, 08:41 AM

276 posts, read 448,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
You're an apologist. There's video of multiple cops with weapons drawn and crowds surrounding. The reason bystanders get hit is because the people doing the shooting have awful training and either don't know or don't care about the 4 commandments of firearm safety.

Quote:
1. Treat all firearms as if they are loaded.

2. Never point the firearm at anything you do not want to destroy.

3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on the target and you have made the decision to shoot.

4. Always be aware of your target and what is beyond it

The laws of physics and good sense still apply even if you're an NYPD officer.

And the situation would be laughable if it weren't so idiotic and terrifying: the police fired the shots at a man who had a finger gun - aka his index and thumb finger extended like 5 year olds do when pretending to have a gun.

Two bystanders struck by NYPD cops opening fire on suspect near Times Square - NY Daily News

Old 09-15-2013, 08:43 AM

i find it incredible tho that they shot guns, then prolly decided it might be somewhat retarded with all the people around and proceeded to use the taser, like who does that, if u already started shooting then shoot, means they knew they were wrong

Old 09-15-2013, 08:43 AM

106,735 posts, read 108,937,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aaronkc View Post
lets just accept shooting multiple bystanders as a normal thing, ur rite, sorry that i brought this up...so inconsiderate of me to hurt yo lil e-feelings
fighting crime and or protecting your own life is like fighting a war and unfourtunately in war innocent people will get hurt or killed .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City