Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 07:20 PM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
You'll miss out on those FIT grads.
Most FIT grads chick would assume I am out of their league, many are probably right. I don't dress their part, but also not interested in fashion related business and fads anyhow however I do take notice on trends to spark a convo to generate interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Iguana View Post
Who told you that? In truth their is no one, its really what you make of it and that's what people here in this city don't want to believe in or practice. Like I said before everyone believes that there is something for them better around the corner. Another thing is that here in NYC time is everything, people don't spend time getting to know each other compared to laidback socities were personality is key vs shallowness of NYC. Here in NYC personality goes right out of the window for men, but increasingly women have been doing the same as well. Those single clubs are a huge waste of time and money. Some people do get lucky in these places though. OKcupid has plenty of women from the NYC area who seek a relationship, maybe you should try there. There is a speed dating website that has connections with lounges and stuff, its alright to promote and get attention for certain venues, that's it.

That's just my own thought. People look for the better person because they are ready or they won't take it seriously, short term relationships can be awesome too. Why do you think the clubs are waste of time and money? Dating site is just another form of single club.
Not really, there is no such thing as the one. Also in this city plenty of women spend plenty of time going after the same type of guys and many wonder why there are no good men here. Same could be said for men as well looking for a good woman but does a man want a woman that has been with everybody. But then again beggers cant be choosers. I'm not fond of dating or being in relationships with single moms but it looks like the route I may have to take someday. I don't want to raise some badboys child! Then again its NY what can you do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
Didn't need to. Many esteemed posters here have explained that NY is full of ambitious dudes. And they are competitive. Plus you got the 40 year bellies who got money. They get into the game too. They compete also for girls. Girls know it and play to it. I haven't played the game since I was single, and from what I hear from my friends, their stories - not much has changed. If anything, it sounds like girls are getting crazier too. I guess financial pressures. Many single girls look to me like they got the "cougar" look already.

So maybe meeting a nice friendly girl is harder nowadays.
Very true from my observation and experience. NYC is just full of ambition and competition. Plenty of older men are also competing for women and some of the younger women do step up to that plate. Women in this city are nuts, a man really needs to have a thick skin and be reflexive to be with an average woman from here. I also heard from friends that they are with women who withhold sex from them but have sex with other men on the side. Another thing that makes it difficult here in this city is the cat calling by men and the aggressiveness. A couple of weeks ago I went out with a Transplant from LA. In LA should would have been easily a 2 or a 3, but in NYC she is a 5 or maybe a 6 on her best day. Guys hitting on her inflated her ego. Back in LA she cant get a man and men out there make it known that they dont like you, not so in NYC, but in NYC she can get a man quickly. To many thirsty men ruins it for the whole entire dating game and forces women to raise or boost their egos.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2013, 07:55 PM

420 posts, read 698,116 times

Old 10-04-2013, 08:28 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,207,988 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
A couple of weeks ago I went out with a Transplant from LA. In LA should would have been easily a 2 or a 3, but in NYC she is a 5 or maybe a 6 on her best day. Guys hitting on her inflated her ego. Back in LA she cant get a man and men out there make it known that they dont like you, not so in NYC, but in NYC she can get a man quickly. To many thirsty men ruins it for the whole entire dating game and forces women to raise or boost their egos.
True. There are too many cows being catered to like a Scranton county fair.

Old 10-05-2013, 07:41 AM

7,296 posts, read 11,866,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebyz View Post
Best I've seen in my dreams was professional men + teacher/parttime hot yoga instructor
Looks like corporate honcho + classical musician is also a popular combo:

Maria Bartiromo-obsessed ex-Citigroup chief Todd S. Thomson had love child with violinist | Mail Online

Old 10-06-2013, 02:54 AM

Another thing is that this city is full of independent women. Dont get me wrong independent women might be a good thing but on the flipside some of these independent women want commitment but not commitment with men looking for commitment who might come off as insecure and needy which women around here do not like and find that unattractive. Women end up with meb who wont commit but want to commit to them. Women here like to change, control and challange men. It is really a game here.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:53 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,252,341 times
Quote:
Another thing is that this city is full of independent women. Dont get me wrong independent women might be a good thing but on the flipside some of these independent women want commitment but not commitment with men looking for commitment who might come off as insecure and needy which women around here do not like and find that unattractive. Women end up with meb who wont commit but want to commit to them. Women here like to change, control and challange men. It is really a game here.
Taking control and having an upper hand of your partner is a sad and common aspect in a relationship.

Old 10-09-2013, 06:51 PM

81 posts, read 100,783 times
Quote:
what you mean by change and control??

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Taking control and having an upper hand of your partner is a sad and common aspect in a relationship.
what do you think a relationship should be?

Old 10-09-2013, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Iguana View Post
what you mean by change and control??

what do you think a relationship should be?

I'm not sure if you but women in this city are Bat**** crazy. Nothing new about it but that's the way women here are. Anyway what I mean about change control and challenge. Women want a man that is a challenge, someone that can give them a thrill, someone that they feel they can conquer, generally a bad boy. Then you have someone that they can control, tell what to do and again this adds to the challenge aspect of relationships and dating. Then they want someone that they can change, dress, style taste, empathy, maybe career or job path, go back to school. Funny thing is the women who are like this that do this to men are not even that hot or attractive. personally me I like an egalitarian approach to things, king of like a ying yang but in reality their is always someone that is dominant and another that is submissive.

Old 10-09-2013, 07:43 PM

I will share you a true story: A girl i met at a club, cut my hair before she agreed to have sex with me. I think she was a hairdresser because she did a pretty good job. This happened on friday 9/7 2001.

Old 10-10-2013, 03:36 AM

Quote:
I'm not sure if you but women in this city are Bat**** crazy. Nothing new about it but that's the way women here are. Anyway what I mean about change control and challenge. Women want a man that is a challenge, someone that can give them a thrill, someone that they feel they can conquer, generally a bad boy. Then you have someone that they can control, tell what to do and again this adds to the challenge aspect of relationships and dating. Then they want someone that they can change, dress, style taste, empathy, maybe career or job path, go back to school. Funny thing is the women who are like this that do this to men are not even that hot or attractive. personally me I like an egalitarian approach to things, king of like a ying yang but in reality their is always someone that is dominant and another that is submissive.
Often the man is the dominant figure and the woman accepts her role as submissive. But these roles can change in the bedroom, for example if the man wants to be treated roughly and humiliated. This brings back childhood memories for many men when they stole a cookie and the mother figure spanked them and smeared lipstick all over their face.

We all have our skeletons in the closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City