Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2013, 09:37 PM

4,320 posts, read 4,207,988 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Iguana View Post
would you tell us more about the buyer and sallers??
I could, if I knew what you meant by the "sallers."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2013, 09:56 PM

81 posts, read 100,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry10 View Post
I could, if I knew what you meant by the "sallers."
sorry,sellers.

Old 09-29-2013, 11:12 PM

929 posts, read 1,659,955 times
I'm single by choice. Not ready to settle down.

Considering that I have a preference for my own ethnicity, and that there are an abundance of us in NYC and the suburbs, I've never had too much difficulty. Finding "the one" is another story. I think there's a matter of luck involved, no matter where you live.

I think it's probably harder in the suburbs than the city. When you live in a smaller town, you eventually run thin on prospects.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:07 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,048,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby BK View Post
I'm single by choice. Not ready to settle down.

Considering that I have a preference for my own ethnicity, and that there are an abundance of us in NYC and the suburbs, I've never had too much difficulty. Finding "the one" is another story. I think there's a matter of luck involved, no matter where you live.

I think it's probably harder in the suburbs than the city. When you live in a smaller town, you eventually run thin on prospects.
Wrong, well it depends. In smaller town and suburbs its a bit more easier to find a mate. In NYC its very hard becsuse of the fact that the city has to many people and people in NYC are always looking and shopping around for better.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:27 AM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Wrong, well it depends. In smaller town and suburbs its a bit more easier to find a mate. In NYC its very hard becsuse of the fact that the city has to many people and people in NYC are always looking and shopping around for better.
I personally think it's more easier in the suburbs. In NYC, there's a lot of people, which means there's a lot of competition, and women here won't settle with your average Joe when they're exposed to other men on a daily basis.

Old 09-30-2013, 01:29 AM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,544 times
girls want zara then coach then burberry then louis then chanel then hermes then the birkin bag

so its better to stay single in nyc and get multiple pops off diff girls while just getting zara and maybe coach

Old 09-30-2013, 02:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
But in a small town, any bad history you may have gets around, and you wind up dating your friends' exes, which could be awkward. If you walk into a bar in a small town and nobody knows you, they'll look at you funny. In the city, in most establishments, nobody will bat an eye. Unless, you know, if you really don't fit the profile of the neighborhood or whatever.

There's over a million women in Brooklyn (or Queens). Contrast that with some village in Long Island or township in New Jersey. One might look at that as "more competition", but I look at it as "more options". If you're in a town of only a few thousand, and the other nearby towns are also only a few thousand, you're likely going to have to settle for less than what you could find in NYC, Boston, or Philly.

Old 09-30-2013, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomDan515 View Post
I personally think it's more easier in the suburbs. In NYC, there's a lot of people, which means there's a lot of competition, and women here won't settle with your average Joe when they're exposed to other men on a daily basis.
Church. Same here and I agree. Suburban women are a bit more easier than city women. Suburban women do not live in or near the hustle and bustle, cat calling or pretentiousness of NYC. And yes There is plenty of competition here which makes it worse.
In the past ten years I only had 1 native NyC woman every other woman was a transplant or a bridge and tunnel chick from the burbs. I would like to ddate or be in a relationship with local women but many seem not to be into me or find me appealing. Even though im not a big fan of gentrification, I have to thank gentrification foe helping me get laid.

Quote:
But in a small town, any bad history you may have gets around, and you wind up dating your friends' exes, which could be awkward. If you walk into a bar in a small town and nobody knows you, they'll look at you funny. In the city, in most establishments, nobody will bat an eye. Unless, you know, if you really don't fit the profile of the neighborhood or whatever.

There's over a million women in Brooklyn (or Queens). Contrast that with some village in Long Island or township in New Jersey. One might look at that as "more competition", but I look at it as "more options". If you're in a town of only a few thousand, and the other nearby towns are also only a few thousand, you're likely going to have to settle for less than what you could find in NYC, Boston, or Philly.
Dude NYC is a hard. First of all their is to many people in NYC which makes it a numbers game. Two a woman has to trust a guy and vice versa. And you will be surprised what type of men here women trust. 3 everyone in NYC thinks something is better around the corner. Last the biggest hurdle with dating in NYC is time which speaks for its self. In the suburbs its easier to find what you want. Also NYC is hard for the average dude vs the average lady. NYC for women is equivalent to what LA or Miami is for men. NYC is a womans playground and the best way for a man to get around this is either by physically attractive or have money. With most women here your personality goes right out the window. Look on the bright side, here in NYC a man who is handsome but also a child molester can still find someone women here dont mind or dont care, their attitude like that's the past what can go wrong. In the suburbs the handsome molester wont get no play. If I would have known I wished zi would have dropped out of high school and done a stint in prison to get an average local chick.

http://m.psychologytoday.com/blog/th...york-or-london

Old 09-30-2013, 06:39 AM

To each their own. I've done both. Lived in Staten Island, Brooklyn, and suburbs (Jersey).

[Generalizing] In Jersey, except for maybe like, Hoboken, if a guy doesn't have a car, that's an immediate deal-breaker. Do you have at least your bachelors? If not, they'll think you have no ambition, even you make a lot of money. Maybe you still live with your folks and you're not still in school? You're a loser. You can buy her all the drinks in the world, but she won't give you the time of day. I'd imagine Long Island is mostly the same, but I don't spend a lot of time there. Not a fan.

Old 09-30-2013, 03:32 PM

Quote:
To each their own. I've done both. Lived in Staten Island, Brooklyn, and suburbs (Jersey).

[Generalizing] In Jersey, except for maybe like, Hoboken, if a guy doesn't have a car, that's an immediate deal-breaker. Do you have at least your bachelors? If not, they'll think you have no ambition, even you make a lot of money. Maybe you still live with your folks and you're not still in school? You're a loser. You can buy her all the drinks in the world, but she won't give you the time of day. I'd imagine Long Island is mostly the same, but I don't spend a lot of time there. Not a fan.
I agree with this. the woman I'm dating right now is from the suburbs of Long Island, she admitted to me that she wants a man that is 6 feet tall but she is short as hell, but she also wants a man that works but also has ambition and goals, and last her man must have a college degree. All those parameters I have covered. Women out in the suburbs are broke as hell, many have to pay for car insurances, car fees, college tuition and some of the jobs out their don't pay well unless if one works in public sector or healthcare fields. The women their are not as independent as city women, however overall they are much more easy, much more laidback and not as stuck up and pretentious compared to NYC women, also women out there tend to be superficial. In matter of fact last week in Astoria I met a Long Island woman who we exchanged numbers going to hang out with her later this week, will be heading to Free Port. I have been having plenty of success with out of city women as of lately.

You should read my assessments on NYC women about dating, Transplants, Locals and immigrants. I cant seem to crack a local woman. Local woman do not care about a man that has goals or ambition, a woman from Bronx or Brooklyn is going to be thrilled if you went to the moon or Mars and back? NO. Or even having a college degree, making a 100k a year, working for Goldman Sachs. No NYC local women will be thrilled about that stuff, however Transplant women will be very thrilled and enlighten by a mans accomplishments, but to NYC local women a mans accomplishments really does not mean much to her on paper and again I realize this. All of my buddies that I know that dropped out of high school and went to prison all of meaningful relationships with typical average NYC women. This is the reason why a place like NYC is good for a murderer or a child molester to get back in the dating game and find a girlfriend, in any part of America a mans background is a serious redflag.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City