Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2013, 05:27 PM

12,973 posts, read 15,802,978 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgr555 View Post
Don't bother responding to Ivoc. he's that guy..the square that everyone avoids in social places
ahh..

The required ad hominem.

If you can't refute the arguments attack the presenter.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A1Sauce View Post
given the motorcyclists were swevering in and out of traffic, maybe the SUV did clip one of them prior. The bikers were out to do tricks and drive in a reckless way for fun. I don't think they are going to be able to overcome that.
Not at that point they weren't. Watch the video. All sweetness and normal speed.

Do I think they were finished? Nah just regrouping for whatever was to be next.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:55 PM

134 posts, read 276,273 times
I'm sure other videos are out there. Unfortunately, they may be taken by the bikers and they're not sharing due to the fear of self incriminaton

Old 10-17-2013, 06:22 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvoc View Post
You consider these guys thugs incapable of truth yet you jump on a tweet from one of quite unknown pedigree? You even know he was actually there?

And if it was true that some whacked his mirror and kicked his car? That provided him with the right to kill a few if they got in his way?

You need to know exactly what it was that went on at the car...and we do not know that. Maybe it was the only rational thing Lien could do. And maybe Lien panicked in a situation not even a little dangerous.

Sorry but there is simply not enough information to reach a conclusion.

Hang on though. There likely will be later on.
Motorcycle Gang, SUV, Cops and New York: Alexian Lien vs.... | Gather | Gather

"Mejia also states the situation in no way caused Alexian Lien to fear for his life but an Instagram screenshot shown below from one of the bikers present that day says it all. Lien's car was being beaten on before he drove off. That along with riders surrounding him probably caused him to drive away. The original has since deleted his account but the other Instagram users are still present on the site."

I have no reason to suspect that the Tweet (or Instagram) is fake. These guys are dumb enough that I suspect there are more incriminating comments on various social media sites that we are not aware of but hopefully the police are.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:36 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

"Mejia also states the situation in no way caused Alexian Lien to fear for his life but an Instagram screenshot shown below from one of the bikers present that day says it all. Lien's car was being beaten on before he drove off. That along with riders surrounding him probably caused him to drive away. The original has since deleted his account but the other Instagram users are still present on the site."

I have no reason to suspect that the Tweet (or Instagram) is fake. These guys are dumb enough that I suspect there are more incriminating comments on various social media sites that we are not aware of but hopefully the police are.
The bikers intentions for the Lien family can be determined by their actions at the end of the video.

Old 10-17-2013, 06:37 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,752,854 times
Case closed !!!

Old 10-17-2013, 06:39 PM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corso1834 View Post
The bikers intentions for the Lien family can be determined by their actions at the end of the video.
Yep!

Old 10-17-2013, 06:44 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,229 times

Old 10-17-2013, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post

More nonsense. There is no obvious mobbing of the car. A few guys at worst...Everyone else stays on their bikes. It simply did not happen...there is no rush at the RR or anything like it. Miese was apparently a pedestrian when hit. And it is not illegal to be a pedestrian on a NY highway when it is necessary and reasonable.

You either believe these guys or you don't. So if you believe the tweet you believe that Lien hit one prior to the stop.

I still see it as a situation too complex to assess from where we sit. And I would still suspect there is no way Miese can lose at a civil trial. .

Old 10-17-2013, 07:12 PM

A little racism to stir the crowd...Now all we need is the Nazi comment.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City