Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2013, 05:08 PM

2,517 posts, read 4,256,500 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SobroGuy View Post
Usually come November if you are still wearing just boxers, you are going to get "chilly." If I were your LL I would say that you didn't need heat, what you need is warm pajamas and a robe. My 2nd floor tenants called me last week that they were freezing in the apt, and needed heat. I indicated that the heat is set and goes on as needed, and the reason why their particular apt is cold is because they have 3 (poorly installed) a/c units in their windows bringing in lots of cold air...remove the a/c units, close the windows, then let me know if you need heat. Have yet to hear from them.

=)
I tell my tenants to about the AC letting air in. I tell them to remove it from the window and call me back if its still too cold.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2013, 06:03 PM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
My building has been very cheap with the heat this year. One should not have to wear 2 pair of pajama's in their apartment. Seems to only go one one in the am and then once or twice in the later evening.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:11 PM

18,470 posts, read 31,638,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingsinglenyc View Post
My building has been very cheap with the heat this year. One should not have to wear 2 pair of pajama's in their apartment. Seems to only go one one in the am and then once or twice in the later evening.

ours is only going on like 3 times, 2 times in the morning & evening, its enough, just to take the chill out.
we still have windows open a little in the bedroom, it is better to sleep in a cooler bedroom.

Nothing worse than what a lot of posters complain about, heat pumping to the point of revulsion.

I am on the top (4), the colderst floor, if my thermometer says anything above 73, I call the LL and tell him to lower it, cause if i am hot up here, then the tenants below me must be in full broil.

Old 11-05-2013, 08:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
I tell my tenants to about the AC letting air in. I tell them to remove it from the window and call me back if its still too cold.

it is a shame you even have to tell tenants that. they should know that already.

we always take the 2 a/c out for the winter and put them in the closet. simple.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:12 AM

6,680 posts, read 8,237,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
ours is only going on like 3 times, 2 times in the morning & evening, its enough, just to take the chill out.
we still have windows open a little in the bedroom, it is better to sleep in a cooler bedroom.

Nothing worse than what a lot of posters complain about, heat pumping to the point of revulsion.

I am on the top (4), the colderst floor, if my thermometer says anything above 73, I call the LL and tell him to lower it, cause if i am hot up here, then the tenants below me must be in full broil.
My thermometer usually reads 65-69. Last year I had amazing heat. I'm hoping its just because the weather is going up and down with legally not needing heat/needing it. It best get better when we enter the continually cold days of winter.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:34 AM

25,368 posts, read 37,078,660 times
Who has enough closet space to hold two air conditioners? Who accepts liability for demanding the installation and removal of air conditioners every year.
"Oops, fell onto Mrs. O'Reilly's cockapoodle."
Hey, don't blame me, the landlords wants this instead of providing heat.

Landlords: I strongly recommend you put your request about juggling air conditioners in writing. That will clear things up for the judge.

Old 11-06-2013, 08:40 AM

8,743 posts, read 18,377,113 times
cockapoodlepugglefrenchbullshepherdretrievers are not allowed! Mutts are my favorite dogs, frankenpets are not.

Old 11-06-2013, 12:39 PM

43,663 posts, read 44,393,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post
Who has enough closet space to hold two air conditioners? Who accepts liability for demanding the installation and removal of air conditioners every year.

Landlords: I strongly recommend you put your request about juggling air conditioners in writing. That will clear things up for the judge.
Also who is going to pay for the removal and proper reinstallion of the air conditioners every year?

Old 11-06-2013, 04:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kefir King View Post

Acrually, I do. My coat closet in the foyer is big enough to fit the 2 a/c on either side, no problem.
I just unscrew those support brackets from the windows so the screen and window close properly and call it a day.

I am strong, obviously, and can do it myself, I don't need anyone to help me, I have a brain and know how to secure an a/c into the window.

by taking the a/c out of the window, it obviously keeps the heat in the apartment, that really is a no brainer

Old 11-06-2013, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chava61 View Post
Also who is going to pay for the removal and proper reinstallion of the air conditioners every year?
who needs to pay for it??

I am a physically fit able man, are you kidding me, not everyone is an elderly or cant do it themselves.

Last edited by bmwguydc; 11-21-2013 at 11:21 AM.. Reason: Insensitive comment removed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City