Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2013, 02:33 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,990,209 times

Advertisements

One of the biggest nanny state policies Bloomberg instituted was the ban of trans fat in restaurants. This led to fast food places like McDonalds, Burger King, and Subway's nationally banning trans fats, and the FDA is contemplating a nationwide ban. Meanwhile, a number of companies have already removed trans fats from their products. So this was definitely a good thing Bloomberg did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2013, 02:36 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,068,819 times
Yes. Amazing how a Jew became a major factor in the increased sales of lard.

Old 12-05-2013, 02:52 PM

6,459 posts, read 12,032,785 times
I'm gonna do like you and totally flip the script.

First off let me say that Bloomberg was the best darn mayor this city has ever had!! The BEST I tell you!!!

I didn't mind him telling us what to eat, wear,how to live our lives, etc., because he was right. He's a super smart enlightened man that eliminated poverty in this city. Damn near everyone is wealthy. There are no poor people. Families aren't tripling up to try to make ends meet and the city's shelters have been closing due to homelessness being the lowest its been in decades. Other cities should take note on how to deal with their homeless situation from the greatest mayor that's ever had the title - Herr Michael Bloomberg.

I really wish he could have received a fourth term. I can only imagine the magnificent awesomeness of the city after he got through with it.

Herr Bloomberg!! Long live Michael Bloomberg!!!

Hee! Hee!

Old 12-05-2013, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
I'm gonna do like you and totally flip the script.

First off let me say that Bloomberg was the best darn mayor this city has ever had!! The BEST I tell you!!!

I didn't mind him telling us what to eat, wear,how to live our lives, etc., because he was right. He's a super smart enlightened man that eliminated poverty in this city. Damn near everyone is wealthy. There are no poor people. Families aren't tripling up to try to make ends meet and the city's shelters have been closing due to homelessness being the lowest its been in decades. Other cities should take note on how to deal with their homeless situation from the greatest mayor that's ever had the title - Herr Michael Bloomberg.

I really wish he could have received a fourth term. I can only imagine the magnificent awesomeness of the city after he got through with it.

Herr Bloomberg!! Long live Michael Bloomberg!!!

Hee! Hee!
I did not flip the script. Bloomberg did things I hated. He also did things I like. This is one of the things he did that I liked.

I happily voted for de Blasio, and yes, it was time for Bloomberg to be over. I never would have voted for a 4th term, nor did I vote for his 3 term.

But Bloomberg, like any other politician deserves credit for the good things he did, and criticism for the bad things he did.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:02 PM

1,739 posts, read 2,569,487 times
I don't think it's okay to dictate to others the 'proper' way to live. We all know trans fats are poison, and that is the only thing I agree with being banned. What I do with my salt and sugar is on MY time, and Jew Bloomie has no business in that. What I resent the most is him talking down to all of us like we are a bunch of retards. Just because I want a 32 ounce diet soda doesn't mean I want a double-dose of social judgment for it being 'excessive'. I'll gulp it, get a nice caffeine buzz and THEN smoke my Marlboro Light and spit on your $3,000 shoes. Glad that douche is out.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:13 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,432,447 times
Sorry but what does being jewish have to do with his mayoral duties ? Is Obama failing because he's black or because he is unqualified...or is it both ?

I am jew and I think Bloomberg is an Ahole. He did some good things for this city but he also caused a lot of pain for people (at the expense of).

The thing I hate most about Bloomberg is his style of politics. You don't give someone like that card blanche to do whatever he wants. He basically was able to purchase or bully people into getting what he wanted. BLOOMBERG MEDIA EMPIRE. Conflict of interest YES OR NO....YES !

This totally undermines the democratic process that this country was founded on. Who cares if some of it is used to do good. Eventually the BAD will outweigh the positives.

That's why Bloomturd is an Ahole. Not because he is jewish.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNYC View Post
Sorry but what does being jewish have to do with his mayoral duties ? Is Obama failing because he's black or because he is unqualified...or is it both ?

I am jew and I think Bloomberg is an Ahole. He did some good things for this city but he also caused a lot of pain for people (at the expense of).

The thing I hate most about Bloomberg is his style of politics. You don't give someone like that card blanche to do whatever he wants. He basically was able to purchase or bully people into getting what he wanted. BLOOMBERG MEDIA EMPIRE. Conflict of interest YES OR NO....YES !

This totally undermines the democratic process that this country was founded on. Who cares if some of it is used to do good. Eventually the BAD will outweigh the positives.

That's why Bloomturd is an Ahole. Not because he is jewish.
I never said anything about him being Jewish. Well, Bloomberg did what he did, and its done. Some of the things have permanently changed NYC (and the trans fat changed the nation). Now its de Blasio's turn.

And yes, there were things Bloomberg did that caused pain for a lot of people (the way real estate developers ended any affordable housing anywhere near Manhattan).

But its like any politician, there are always going to be good and bad things from each person's record.

Old 12-05-2013, 03:57 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,934,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastBoundandDownChick View Post
I don't think it's okay to dictate to others the 'proper' way to live. We all know trans fats are poison, and that is the only thing I agree with being banned. What I do with my salt and sugar is on MY time, and Jew Bloomie has no business in that. What I resent the most is him talking down to all of us like we are a bunch of retards.
This is truly objectionable.

"Jew Bloomie" ?

"Retards" ?

Yikes. Just when we think we have seen the bottom.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:10 PM

25,373 posts, read 37,097,722 times
How silly this is all is in an environment where there is no work for Joe Median and Joe GOTTABUCK gets richer and richer thanks to stimulus to his low taxed investments.

Who cares what the government decrees the fat content in our Diet should be?

It is all subterfuge to keep us looking the other way and ignoring our BILLIONAIRE mayor and the other BILLIONAIRES who run things.

Old 12-06-2013, 12:29 PM

1,317 posts, read 1,641,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I did not flip the script. Bloomberg did things I hated. He also did things I like. This is one of the things he did that I liked.

I happily voted for de Blasio, and yes, it was time for Bloomberg to be over. I never would have voted for a 4th term, nor did I vote for his 3 term.

But Bloomberg, like any other politician deserves credit for the good things he did, and criticism for the bad things he did.

I agree, Bloomberg deserves credit for the good things he did. Although I didn't agree with all of his policies, I will say he was the best mayor NYC has seen in my lifetime...Beame (incompetent), Crack-Era Koch, Dinkins (nice guys but not a strong enough leader) and Adolf Guiliani (pure evil). He brought NYC back from the financial ruin that Rudy left, and showed that a mayor could be tough on crime without being a total piece of sh*t. Banning smoking in public places was one of the best policies any mayor, anywhere has put in place. The trans fat and sugary drink thing is necessary, although a little heavy handed. Being a black man from a neighborhood that stop and frisk targeted, I hate to admit that it is a necessary evil. Some of the older ex-thugs from my old neighborhood will be the first ones to say how much of a necessary evil it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City