Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2014, 10:12 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,259,606 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marilyn220 View Post
They were there FIRST.

Also, what is WRONG with making the RS tenants pay a fee to use the high end gym?

You never answered the question.

I notice many of you segregationists always seem to avoid the question of fee payment to use the gym.
It's not segregation by race you *****. We all know what you are hinting at using jim crow as a reference.

It's all about MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's about the PERK of using a gym simply because the tenant pays a significantly higher rent than an RS tenant.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2014, 10:13 AM

6,459 posts, read 12,039,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshoe View Post
If people were to read the article, they'd see that the "gym" is a 15 by 20 foot room. I doubt opening up the gym to all of the building's tenants (417 units) would be plausible.
It doesn't matter.

Management should have thought about that before they tried to enact their own version of Jim Crow.

Even if the lower courts rule in favor of this nonsense, I can see it moving up to various higher courts.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:14 AM

343 posts, read 1,093,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boatshoe View Post
I might be mistaken, but I believe they actually couldn't require RS tenants to pay a gym fee.
if they can't pay - legally or otherwise - then they can't use it. i mean i dont see what the problem is.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:14 AM

4,471 posts, read 9,843,055 times
Quote:
I wasn't talking to you.

All of my posts were in RESPONSE to other people replying to ME.

Being that you're from Ohio, what you say or think is really of no importance to me or any other REAL NYer actually.
Boo hoo "you aren't talking me" I am going to go cry in a corner now.

Good to know I assume you will never respond to anything I type every again?

I am pretty sure some people value my opinions here. I like a lot of the people here as well. Real New Yorker or not I will always be here

Old 02-26-2014, 10:17 AM

384 posts, read 512,998 times
Quote:
It doesn't matter.

Management should have thought about that before they tried to enact their own version of Jim Crow.

Even if the lower courts rule in favor of this nonsense, I can see it moving up to various higher courts.
If Jim Crow is having to leave your building to go to the gym, it has no meaning.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
It's not segregation by race you *****. We all know what you are hinting at using jim crow as a reference.
I never said it was by "race". Did I? I said it's a "form" of Jim Crow. You know what the f---k I mean.

Quote:
It's all about MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
No s__t Sherlock. Who can't decipher that from the article.

Quote:
It's about the PERK of using a gym simply because the tenant pays a significantly higher rent than an RS tenant.
Why can't that RS tenant pay a fee to use a gym that was built in THEIR building?

The higher paying tenant isn't to blame. Management is for trying to play SEGREGATIONIST games.

It's wrong and Management knows it's wrong which is why they never responded to current tenants who wanted to use the facilities. They now have egg on their face.

You can't perform "gentrification" inside a building of EXISTING TENANTS.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:22 AM

13,448 posts, read 15,511,011 times
Honestly, I'd much rather pay the CHEAPER RENT than care about partaking of any of the amenities. So, I'd just join a local gym with the hundreds I'd be saving living in a RS apartment in Manhattan. No question.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLove View Post
if they can't pay - legally or otherwise - then they can't use it. i mean i dont see what the problem is.
I don't either. The higher income tenant doesn't have to pay, because it's already a perk of their lease.

The RS tenants should be required to pay something in order to use it just like you would a regular gym.

I think it's fair.

If they don't stop it at this level, then I can see management building separate entrances, stairwells and elevators for the RS tenants to use. Of course, the higher paying tenant will use the front entrance/elevators while the RS tenants will have to use the "service" entrance with the rest of the riff raff.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by riaelise View Post
Honestly, I'd much rather pay the CHEAPER RENT than care about partaking of any of the amenities. So, I'd just join a local gym with the hundreds I'd be saving living in a RS apartment in Manhattan. No question.
But this is fine if you CHOOSE to do this not because it's mandatory.

From the description, the gym doesn't seem worth it anyway.

Old 02-26-2014, 10:29 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,744,376 times
Quote:
I'm finding it quite offensive that you think the lower rent tenants are black people. Rent Stabilized tenants are actually people from a vast spectrum of ethnicities (white included) and financial backgrounds
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: