Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2014, 08:16 AM

19,058 posts, read 13,977,271 times

Advertisements

I drove my car from here to Colorado. My wife didn't want to make the drive with the kids, hence the trips to DIA to pick them up and drop them off. I definitely didn't pay any fees, just the straight toll billed to my license plate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2014, 08:23 AM

2,848 posts, read 7,582,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airborneguy View Post
I drove my car from here to Colorado. My wife didn't want to make the drive with the kids, hence the trips to DIA to pick them up and drop them off. I definitely didn't pay any fees, just the straight toll billed to my license plate.

Oh so you have the license plate registered. That's the difference. I'm referring to people that rent cars, like the OP. Not people driving their own cars. Because the rental agency owns the car, they get the bill first, then pass the bill as they like on to their customers...

Old 02-27-2014, 08:29 AM

Gotcha. I guess because they can't track the owner down immediately they tack on fees. What a scam.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:06 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,718,910 times
EZPass is being ran as a profit center rather than as a govt agency serving the people that's why.

Old 02-27-2014, 11:22 AM

19,061 posts, read 12,728,258 times
OP - document everything and file a chargeback with enterprise. The credit card company will mediate the dispute, but I suspect the CC company will rule Enterprise is within its rights to pass along any and all charges and that your recourse has to be with the EZ-Pass authorities. You will have to sue EZ Pass, I would do that in New York City since EZ Pass has standing there and the small claims court limits are higher. You don't need a lawyer.

Once you serve EZ Pass, their lawyers will kick it up to management and most likely sit down with you to resolve the issue and reverse the charges with enterprise. At that point enterprise may or may not remove the extra fees or issue you a credit

Old 02-27-2014, 06:21 PM

1,276 posts, read 1,775,982 times
Ok, to clarify a few things. I've never used EZ pass and never used toll roads and never been to NY. Yeah, I pretty much crawled out of a cave.

Second, I did everything EZ pass told me to do, to a "T" and followed their direction precisely.

Third, I was driving into and then across NY city. From one side to the other and back. I'm assuming many of you being NY'ers are experts at doing all sorts of things while driving your treacherous roads, but for me, it was not like I could just google EZ pass while driving in NY and ask them why EZ pass was messaging me to call the service center.

BUT, Once I got to my first safe destination and was able to stop my vehicle I did call EZ pass. This was after probably passing through 5-7 tolls with the call message appearing. Note, again, I did not get a red light, or buzzer, or anything that told me something was messed up. And they acted stumped and just responded with......"yeah, they're having problems this week with their toll boths and computers. The toll photo will match it to your vehicle, so you don't need to worry about it."

Me: So I can keep driving through the tolls even though the "call message center is appearing"

EZ pass: repeated the above and was rude and short. And this women said, "HOW MAY I HELP YOU" very rude when I asked her this last question.

My issue, is there is a huge hole in their system and they know about it, but they penalize the EZ pass common guy just trying to get around, for their flaws.

I plopped down $680 for an attorney today and he will gladly take my case.

I'll report back as I find out more.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:19 PM

What route did you take that had you go through 7 tolls without stopping once?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City