Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-11-2008, 01:24 PM

502 posts, read 1,009,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by threebills View Post
Hey guys. been following the thread for a while now but never posted. I'm 270 and I haven't been called yet. Good luck to everyone. Sal, my prayers are with you and ur family.
Thanks a lot. Good luck getting called this week....

Old 06-11-2008, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thekuai View Post
#233 has been called at 2:35 PM!!!

June 19th 0800
346 broadway
Congrats. So I guess I'll be the only one on here going the 18th.....Actually I'll see number 133 there. But I think he's the only one......So they got up to at least 233 today. I guess there is no way to figure out how high they will go. They're like the secret service when you talk to them.......

Old 06-11-2008, 01:29 PM

15 posts, read 33,659 times
Scr3w you guys, I'm 15xx, nah I'm joking good luck to you all. I've been watching the forum from the shadows for a while now and I've finally just decided to add some of my own information which may be helpful. I have experience dealing with city orientations being that I've taken so many of the tests. Currently I'm 6 mos done with my 1 year probation at MTA so I'm actually hoping sanitation takes their time even though it's my dream job. Anyway on to business. For orientation - If you have ANY and I mean ANY outstanding or unpaid tickets even for the dumbest thing get those taken care of because the people working there will be happy to tell you come back another day because you just made it easy for them. For the money orders, officially they want U.S. postal orders, mta wanted one at their 2 orientations I went to, and when I went to Sanitation enforcement orientation they wanted one as well. However on the day I showed up a few people didn't have a postal and they were accepted but again, do you really want to take the risk? Personally I've never been sent back from orientation because I always had my paperwork squared away. I once cleared up 6 tickets under my name for PURE B.S. and got the letters of disposition and did community service to avoid a record the week before an orientation and everything was ok. They can care less as long as you have a disposition letter. Well, I'm rambling now but will be glad to answer any questions I might know the answer to, and from time to time I will comment on future posts without flaming people.

Old 06-11-2008, 01:34 PM

128 posts, read 224,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaZ-X View Post
Scr3w you guys, I'm 15xx, nah I'm joking good luck to you all. I've been watching the forum from the shadows for a while now and I've finally just decided to add some of my own information which may be helpful. I have experience dealing with city orientations being that I've taken so many of the tests. Currently I'm 6 mos done with my 1 year probation at MTA so I'm actually hoping sanitation takes their time even though it's my dream job. Anyway on to business. For orientation - If you have ANY and I mean ANY outstanding or unpaid tickets even for the dumbest thing get those taken care of because the people working there will be happy to tell you come back another day because you just made it easy for them. For the money orders, officially they want U.S. postal orders, mta wanted one at their 2 orientations I went to, and when I went to Sanitation enforcement orientation they wanted one as well. However on the day I showed up a few people didn't have a postal and they were accepted but again, do you really want to take the risk? Personally I've never been sent back from orientation because I always had my paperwork squared away. I once cleared up 6 tickets under my name for PURE B.S. and got the letters of disposition and did community service to avoid a record the week before an orientation and everything was ok. They can care less as long as you have a disposition letter. Well, I'm rambling now but will be glad to answer any questions I might know the answer to, and from time to time I will comment on future posts without flaming people.

mAz thats so Funny u said that i got a ticket last week for speeding...i left a message for one of the women at human resources she called me back i told her my story....she said just pay it....so then about 15 m inutes later i get another call i must pay it before final processing on tuesday and have the receipt or otherwise they were going to pull me off the list...im going to pay that **** tomorrow...real BS

Old 06-11-2008, 01:39 PM

Quote:
This is probably going to sound real dumb. But I got a parking ticket 2 days ago. Does that count too, being the city gave it to me?

Old 06-11-2008, 01:44 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salsan View Post
This is probably going to sound real dumb. But I got a parking ticket 2 days ago. Does that count too, being the city gave it to me?
if I were you I would pay it and bring proof that you paid it...i think the general consensus is that you don't want anything pending with the city

Old 06-11-2008, 01:46 PM

656 posts, read 1,412,343 times
oh btw guys, the guy who called me said I had to list schools all the way back to kindergarten....thought it was odd but i guess salsan was right....but im pretty sure at preorientation they asked up to high school...who knows...ill put it just in case....whats the worse that can happen if i do...nothing....

Old 06-11-2008, 01:48 PM

Quote:
if I were you I would pay it and bring proof that you paid it...i think the general consensus is that you don't want anything pending with the city
I just got off the phone with the supervisor. I can't believe this. I have to pay it tomorrow, fax her the info that I paid it, so she can inform them to let me go through, otherwise I won't get a start date. Thank God that guy wrote the message about the tickets.....Thanks to him. Everyone.....PAY YOUR PARKING TICKETS AND FAX IT TO THEM IF YOU HAVE ANY.........

Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM

128 posts, read 224,828 times
Quote:

yea they said as long as its not pending......make sure...pay it right away....and you have a receipt...and obviously not a dui or dwi or anything like that

Old 06-11-2008, 01:49 PM

193 posts, read 393,980 times
Quote:
If they took over 800 for 200 they should hit 1600 for the next 200, GOOD LUCK and keep adding to your pension if your with the MTA it should roll over, no?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City