Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 06:05 AM

3,357 posts, read 4,636,263 times

Advertisements

It's funny that I didn't see anyone suggest calling 311. Not that it would do any good, but in a perfect New York world, you'd call 311 and the cops would drive by and tell them to lower the music, maybe even give them a ticket.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:13 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,259,117 times
Hello 311, I'd like to report some hood people loitering and menesing in front of my property. They're in a parked car blasting Rick Ross who glorifies hood culture. They look very intimidating and abrasive. I also see disregard tobacco from Phillie cigars on the sidewalk by the passenger side door which lends me to believe that they're about to roll and smoke a fat one. However to catch them in the act the cops must arrive within the next 15 minutes otherwise the evidence will be gone. Can you have the cops be here in 15 minutes?

Thank you sir for your complain. The police will arrive within 4-6 hours. Would you like a confirmation # for this complaint?

Last edited by hilltopjay; 04-30-2014 at 09:11 AM..

Old 04-30-2014, 08:25 AM

25,556 posts, read 24,003,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
No what I meant is everyone has been brainwashed to be politically correct and not talk about among many things, hood people. I give 2 shiiits about being politically correct so I speak the truth on this board which gives me a platform to expose these low life trashy hood people that turn decent neighborhoods into bad. NYwrtiter, you are witness to such uncivil and unruly behavior from these people while you lived in the Bronx so you could relate to what I'm saying. And I don't just complain, I take action hence why I don't rent to hood people. I do my part to improve the neighborhood. FYI, hood people come in all shapes and colors. Being hood is a lifestyle and a culture on its own. You have hood white people as you do blacks.
Indeed. In my Bronx building, people threw garbage out of windows (attracting insects and rats), rap music blasting any time of the day and night, people who let their water stay on and drip into apartments below, among other quality of life issues. I've visited people I know in LeFrak City in Corona back in the 90s when crackheads pissed and crapped in the building's hallways, stairwell, and elevators. It's better today but they still have a ways to go.

I would personally advise anyone who doesn't like that to just bail the hell out of dodge. Can these neighborhoods be fixed, and if so, is the cost of doing so really worth it to an individual who can just leave and move somewhere else to be around people more civil. Birds of a feather stick together and let ghetto people be happy among themselves in the ghetto. But if you chose to keep up the good fight in reforming the Bronx I wish you lots of luck.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:45 AM

8,011 posts, read 11,414,033 times
As long as there are hoods and ghettos, there will be hood and
ghetto people. If you don't like them, don't live around them I
guess.

Old 04-30-2014, 09:49 AM

503 posts, read 900,119 times
I'd love to see a spinoff from this thread titled 'Coping with Civilized Neighbors' and get some justification from a hood rat or two. At least a few hood rats. That would be great.

Old 04-30-2014, 10:29 AM

8,105 posts, read 6,764,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itsideal View Post
I'd love to see a spinoff from this thread titled 'Coping with Civilized Neighbors' and get some justification from a hood rat or two. At least a few hood rats. That would be great.
They don't have the God given sense to not display their arses in public and you expect them to be able to form a coherent sentence?

Old 04-30-2014, 11:58 AM

2,517 posts, read 4,259,117 times
They already do. There are countless of threads on here about how much they hate yuppies and how the yuppies price out the hood people. Last I checked, yuppies act in a civilized manner. They don't bother no one. Hood people on the other hand do cause a disturbances and a nuisance to the public. It's like they have no censor of the mouth or of their behavior. Everything hood people do is blatant and in your face. A total disrespect to others. So when you compare yuppies to hood people, I'd pick yuppies any day. I'd rather deal with the so called trust fund entitlement yuppies supposedly have than to do deal with uncivilized hood people. Hence why I'm a huge fan of gentrification.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:17 PM

2,678 posts, read 1,703,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilltopjay View Post
They already do. There are countless of threads on here about how much they hate yuppies and how the yuppies price out the hood people. Last I checked, yuppies act in a civilized manner. They don't bother no one. Hood people on the other hand do cause a disturbances and a nuisance to the public. It's like they have no censor of the mouth or of their behavior. Everything hood people do is blatant and in your face. A total disrespect to others. So when you compare yuppies to hood people, I'd pick yuppies any day. I'd rather deal with the so called trust fund entitlement yuppies supposedly have than to do deal with uncivilized hood people. Hence why I'm a huge fan of gentrification.
and there are countless more threads about poor underclass and ghetto people and it clearly shows when people ask "what neighborhoods are safe" threads and "bad parts" of this area threads so these pathologies go both ways. There are people in the hood who do work hard and strive to make an honest living and do not rob steal or kill for just to get a dollar if it may surprise you.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:22 PM

338 posts, read 677,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycjowww View Post
What does discussing this tiring subject do for you anyway?
Well, it reinforces that this kind of behavior is low-class and brings down a neighborhood. It offers moral support to the OP so they they know they're justified in their irritation. It offers possible strategies in how to solve the problem, and hope for the future that eventually anti-social types will be driven out.

And finally it annoys and upsets people like you, the ghetto apologists Win-win-win!

Old 04-30-2014, 01:38 PM

6,836 posts, read 15,423,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
They don't have the God given sense to not display their arses in public and you expect them to be able to form a coherent sentence?
Yea but their not lame enough to complain on a social site which will provide no benefits.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City