Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2015, 11:27 AM

1,369 posts, read 1,254,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Yes they are.

I am in Bath Beach and 86th Street between Bay Parkway and 25th ave is like China. Chinese writing, and so many Chinese stores with Chinese owners. Italians are long gone.

Every old house that is knocked down, and a "Chinese Fortress" is built in it's place. Huge ugly monstrosities are being built, ugly Stainless Steel doors and bars are installed. Every new home that is built is bought by Chinese.

but, you cant blame the Chinese for moving in, (if you don't like it), you have to blame the people for moving out.
This is what happens when people have lots of money. They will buy you out there are plenty of rich Chinese people.
But this doesn't stop them from milking our system. They always have inside help, with Chinese interpreterd that helps.
Them cheat the system.One thing about the Chinese they do stick together and help each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2015, 11:31 AM

Quote:
because a lot of the old houses are pretty. not because they are ugly, or just old...

they are knocked down because of money.

a one family home is knocked down, and in its place is a 6 family home. so the builder is the one making the money.
Agree 100%.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:37 AM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beanniebaby7 View Post
This is what happens when people have lots of money. They will buy you out there are plenty of rich Chinese people.
But this doesn't stop them from milking our system. They always have inside help, with Chinese interpreterd that helps.
Them cheat the system.One thing about the Chinese they do stick together and help each other.
Lol every Chinese person that I knew saved up their own money for their own down payment. Humans are all the same, no one is gonna hand you money. Especially for the Chinese who don't have religious groups to rely on. There's no point in bashing other people when you and only you yourself can make the hard decisions in life to do better or worst. It's not very hard to save a few hundred thousand if you're determined. Work hard, be smart, learn, earn, save....badabing a few hundred thousand in the bank by the time you're in your early 30s. Then it's house and Benz time!

Old 10-30-2015, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
the chinese part of flushing looks filthy just like that in chinatown in manhattan or brooklyn.

something is inherently wrong with these chinese habitants/business owners who care only about saving every dollar they make and not to bother with cleaning up the trash/filth generated from their bisiness. when i become the mayor, i will enforce strict clean up laws because they will never clean up volunteerly.
Yea!

Old 10-30-2015, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Yea!
It's like a luxury car show room there. You should check it out yeah!

Old 10-30-2015, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PorkFriedRice View Post
Uneducated but able to afford a house in brooklyn? What do you own? Having different taste is neither a good thing nor bad thing, it's a difference thing. I hope people understand that. And unless you live there, why worry about what other people are doing to their houses? Their own house...
When you have 20 people living cramped up saving money of course after10 or 20 years you will be able to buy.
A castle if you want.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:44 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,486,304 times
Quote:
When you have 20 people living cramped up saving money of course after10 or 20 years you will be able to buy.
A castle if you want.
I think all immigrant groups to NYC have lived like that at some point

Old 10-30-2015, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Then you haven't been to my neighborhood then,
Bath Beach
Bensonhurst,
Gravesend

maybe taking over is a bit harsh sounding, but the only people moving in are Chinese. so a block that was all other nationalities are now only Chinese......no one else is moving in, only Chinese.

come here for the day and you will change your mind.
on 86th street the stores opening are all chinese and all the chinese food places are only written in chinese.

so yeah, i stand by my comment, they are taking over.
Agree 100%.

Old 10-30-2015, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
No point she's one of those
All Asians:
-Do so well cause they bring all the money they milked the US from China.
-Poor and dirty
-Don't speak English
-Dumb robots that study 24/7, yet also have time to play video games 24/7 as well
-Only do well in scholl cause they cheat
-Have an unfair advantage, but can't actually objectively describe what advantage they had over other groups
-Live like bums to save tons of money, but can only buy houses cause they give each other money
-Live 20 in an apartment

When I grew up NYC was full of these like minded people. I certainly hope universal prek is gonna help them.

Old 10-30-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
Agree I see it myself. I am not only talking about the Chinese. Ther're immigrants with homes,cars cramped up living.
Saving money and Still Milking the system. Milking the system to me means fruad stealing from the Government.
Some have inside help.there is nothing wrong with saving money and working I save money, but don't seek.
Government help if you do not need it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City