Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2015, 09:46 PM

111 posts, read 146,651 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
Its not an issue if you dont drive. As long as you have you're license but make sure you have the abstract since its part of the paperwork. I also got an email from APD next class is in September, am going for a mini medical on tuesday the 28th!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SyphonBeatz View Post
Hey whats up bro? September is the next class. I did my mini med already which is just update paperwork and drug test (they shaved my legs lol) If you don't make it to September, then you will most definitely make it for the December class. I should be getting a call for the next class soon.
I know u going in for ssptember.. i was asking if u know if its going to be at the end of september? Because my interview is on the 16th of september.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 11:00 PM

344 posts, read 606,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyboy55 View Post
I know u going in for ssptember.. i was asking if u know if its going to be at the end of september? Because my interview is on the 16th of september.
That I'm not to sure, i think it might be the beginning of September or even the end of August. Just like the previous class was March 31st. This one might be August 31st or even before.

Old 08-12-2015, 12:26 AM

288 posts, read 469,910 times
Took the time today to read the whole forum and i like what i see. All i can say is that I wish you guys goodluck, you made a smart choice taking this exam and going through with the hiring process.

I am pretty much a sanitation worker/bridge and tunnel officer hopeful. However, i plan on taking the TEA exam this saturday afternoon, and even reading this forum got me into taking the exam even more. Should of took this exam last year in July, OH WELL.

Once again, best of luck to the both of you!

Old 08-12-2015, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by impactplayer View Post
Took the time today to read the whole forum and i like what i see. All i can say is that I wish you guys goodluck, you made a smart choice taking this exam and going through with the hiring process.

I am pretty much a sanitation worker/bridge and tunnel officer hopeful. However, i plan on taking the TEA exam this saturday afternoon, and even reading this forum got me into taking the exam even more. Should of took this exam last year in July, OH WELL.

Once again, best of luck to the both of you!
Thanks man! I paid to take the sanitation exam but I missed it cause I had to work that day :/ but I guess it's for a good reason. I'm aiming to become a PO in the future, it's been my dream. I missed the bridge and tunnel exam to lol the process for TEA didn't take me to long and I will be going for the September class I haven't heard anything from school safety yet. I figure will be doing the TEA job until PO calls me to start the process.

Old 08-12-2015, 11:01 AM

Damn, those are 2 good paying jobs too lol atleast you still have a plan and thats what counts. I spoke to a traffic agent today, she took the exam in august 2013 and got into class in September 2014, so the process does go quick. I need to start somewhere with the city so thats why i want to do TEA first. TEA time counts if you transfer to NYPD? city pension wise?

Old 08-12-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Damn, those are 2 good paying jobs too lol atleast you still have a plan and thats what counts. I spoke to a traffic agent today, she took the exam in august 2013 and got into class in September 2014, so the process does go quick. I need to start somewhere with the city so thats why i want to do TEA first. TEA time counts if you transfer to NYPD? city pension wise?
From what I heard, yes it does. Whatever time you do in traffic, counts towards PD. The process for TEA does go quick. I took the exam in July 2014 and will be getting into the September class. TEA will be a fun job to do also for the time being.

Old 08-12-2015, 01:40 PM

What position are you planning to do? Direct traffic or parking tickets? I would go with giving out tickets. Even though directing traffic seems less stressful, im not trying to get my foot runned over. Then again, they're going to show you the right way to do it anyway.

Old 08-12-2015, 02:15 PM

Quote:
What position are you planning to do? Direct traffic or parking tickets? I would go with giving out tickets. Even though directing traffic seems less stressful, im not trying to get my foot runned over. Then again, they're going to show you the right way to do it anyway.
I'm guessing they give you both positions. Giving tickets seems easy to do lol even though the public looks down on us. Do they give you a choice to either give tickets or direct traffic?

Old 08-12-2015, 03:17 PM

Honestly, I don't know how that works. I'm sure they'll ask you what position you prefer to work as before they assign you to your command after you complete or right before you complete the academy. Ticket position does seem easy.

Old 08-12-2015, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Honestly, I don't know how that works. I'm sure they'll ask you what position you prefer to work as before they assign you to your command after you complete or right before you complete the academy. Ticket position does seem easy.
I wouldn't mind doing both, only thing you have to deal with is the people all the time lol Maybe in the beginning we give tickets and then after a while we can choose to direct traffic as well. I'm eager to start already
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City