Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 01:32 PM

359 posts, read 466,619 times

Advertisements

any words on the list numbers or scores being released yet?

Old 07-14-2015, 01:38 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by venom0088 View Post
any words on the list numbers or scores being released yet?
Is it August yet?

No?

Ok then. See you soon

Old 07-14-2015, 01:50 PM

86 posts, read 155,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
Is it August yet?

No?

Ok then. See you soon
Hey awol what is the ctu in Dsny what do they do

Old 07-14-2015, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by musictomyears View Post
Hey awol what is the ctu in Dsny what do they do
It's a transport unit where they stick people with gigantic hooks or people who are so dangerous driving the truck that they give them bigger trucks instead lol. Located in the south Bronx and NOT a transferable spot.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:46 PM

86 posts, read 155,361 times
Quote:
It's a transport unit where they stick people with gigantic hooks or people who are so dangerous driving the truck that they give them bigger trucks instead lol. Located in the south Bronx and NOT a transferable spot.
Oh ok thanks

Old 07-14-2015, 02:53 PM

442 posts, read 813,653 times
How long until I can transfer to the print shop after I get hired?

Old 07-14-2015, 02:54 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,807 times
Quote:
Pretty great description, lol

Old 07-14-2015, 04:01 PM

80 posts, read 103,882 times
Quote:
You forgot to throw in the part about being able to take in at least 8 inches and swallow.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:41 PM

1,898 posts, read 2,969,807 times
I don't understand why guys with spots get **** on so hard lol just cause they aren't doing the routes? I mean I have zero hooks on this job , I've been in the street and held the clerk for a bit and I gotta say the office spot was way more stressfull than the street, the street is obv more physically demanding, but I perfer the route with my partner any day of the week, I'm sure there are guys with big hooks tucked away somewhere, but out of the spots and tissues I've seen so far, the route in the street is still some of my best days on the job so far, a lot of these guys with spots are around bosses all day, hand scanning downtown, at their desk all day, if u ask me that sounds like **** lol

Old 07-14-2015, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
I don't understand why guys with spots get **** on so hard lol just cause they aren't doing the routes? I mean I have zero hooks on this job , I've been in the street and held the clerk for a bit and I gotta say the office spot was way more stressfull than the street, the street is obv more physically demanding, but I perfer the route with my partner any day of the week, I'm sure there are guys with big hooks tucked away somewhere, but out of the spots and tissues I've seen so far, the route in the street is still some of my best days on the job so far, a lot of these guys with spots are around bosses all day, hand scanning downtown, at their desk all day, if u ask me that sounds like **** lol

I know as a supervisor it's way more stressful....wayyyyy more. Horribly so. But I was both fbf trainer and clerk at points...And I wouldn't consider either stressful. For the most part its just smack talk...broom scum, sissy pack, transfer station babies, fantasy island, the landscape club...oops I meant lots. But hey...at least those are transferable.

What Garbage Tech said about CTU is probably accurate. And if it's not it's only because guys that do what he said go right to DVO or HCF.

With supervisor it gets even worse because you have more non transferable positions and TWO kinds of guys there. Guys who just had hooks always and guys who simply impressed some big wig with something they did as a San man. And then the argument is one better than the other. I do think you should do the actual job long enough to appreciate it. You see the guy who was always a supervisor at SWM become a horrid chief cause he never wrote summonses or chased trucks, or the new supervisor who only did brooms and doesn't know when to just cut a crew a break. The next shift can get the condition lol. All these bosses act like they never did anything wrong or misbehaved. I had a sick check a week ago. No answer at the door. No answer on his listed phone. He worked in the district he lived in...I called his garage, got the phone number of a shop steward and called him. Said maybe he's sleeping...I'll go check my trucks and come back. I come back, he's there, he signs. I didn't forge anything so what's the problem. Supervisor at that garage HAD to tell the super I called asking for a shop stewards number...you'd think I murdered the president. So you are right that it's more fun to be out and about away from the bosses.

Definitely better to have a partner too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City