Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2015, 02:59 PM

154 posts, read 230,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSuperman View Post
Hello I have a question. What exactly do they want you to bring in with you when they call you for final processing (FP)? And which exams on the medical are good for only 6 months?
i would bring everything that you brought for orientation, (just incase they misplaced something which happens a lot), plus any dispostions from court (if you got arrested or any pink slip summonses they need to know nothing is pending) .i cant remember anything else if anybody else remembers .you also need a POSTAL MONEY ORDER for a certain amount which they will tell you. Make sure its a postal money order and for the exact amount they ask for to the penny otherwise you are going home and will have to come back. Xrays and hearing are good for a year, everything else you will have to redo.

Old 05-14-2015, 05:53 PM

188 posts, read 310,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny012185 View Post
i would bring everything that you brought for orientation, (just incase they misplaced something which happens a lot), plus any dispostions from court (if you got arrested or any pink slip summonses they need to know nothing is pending) .i cant remember anything else if anybody else remembers .you also need a POSTAL MONEY ORDER for a certain amount which they will tell you. Make sure its a postal money order and for the exact amount they ask for to the penny otherwise you are going home and will have to come back. Xrays and hearing are good for a year, everything else you will have to redo.

Are X-rays and hearing good from the day you took them or the day your results came back

Old 05-14-2015, 07:55 PM

36 posts, read 54,238 times
Hey guys I'm under the care of a doctor. Should I have him write a letter stating I am well capable of the job of sanitation worker. That my condition will not affect me doing the job. To bring to orientation? Also, how long will the medical result last for? I took mine in july. List numb. 55**

Old 05-14-2015, 08:37 PM

77 posts, read 109,958 times
From what i have read on here, its up to their doctors to determine if you are fit for the job, not your doctor. I guess it could not hurt to bring whatever you may have.... As far as how long exams are good for... That was answered exactly two posts before your post. Goodluck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgracia1775 View Post
Hey guys I'm under the care of a doctor. Should I have him write a letter stating I am well capable of the job of sanitation worker. That my condition will not affect me doing the job. To bring to orientation? Also, how long will the medical result last for? I took mine in july. List numb. 55**

Old 05-14-2015, 09:05 PM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creator03 View Post
I finally got my result from dcas regarding the supers' exam; It confirmed what I've known --- I've failed.
Just curious, does anyone know of any sanman that did pass the exam but were not put on the list?
Yes I had a sw friend who did decent. Not put on cause ineligible

Old 05-14-2015, 09:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta187 View Post
Are X-rays and hearing good from the day you took them or the day your results came back
1 year from the day you took them. Everything else six months

Old 05-14-2015, 09:07 PM

Quote:
You can bring whatever you want. But if their doctors don't like it, you're going to be DQed and forced to appeal regardless of that letter because they need you to go through appeals and file a specific paper to remove themselves from liability so if you get hurt a decade later they can say its your own fault

Old 05-14-2015, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Did you fail your medical last year?cause you should have been called last year. I don't know what you have but if it's something they will not pick up through blood test or EKG or drug test and xray, then I would not volunteer any information cause a medical dq this year means no job ( not enough time to appeal). Just remember though your health is way more important then this job . Good luck hope everything works out

Last edited by dsny012185; 05-14-2015 at 09:52 PM..

Old 05-14-2015, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsny012185 View Post
Did you fail your medical last year?cause you should have been called last year. I don't know what you have but if it's something they will not pick up through blood test or EKG or drug test and xray, then I would not volunteer any information cause a medical dq this year means no job ( not enough time to appeal). Just remember though your health is way more important then this job . Good luck hope everything works out
This is partially incorrect. Last year a bunch of san men took the supers test even though they aren't eligible because they got confused because it said you had to be in the position of supervisor or on the preferred list. They thought that meant the regular supervisor's list, but it doesn't.

That brings us to those preferred lists. If you are DQed from a medical this year, you can still appeal even though the appeal would take longer than the list would be active. The court of appeals is essentially overturning dsny's decision. They can't refuse you the right to appeal. If won, you'd go on a separate list and join the 5001 test guys next year.

Old 05-14-2015, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AWOL AGAIN View Post
This is partially incorrect. Last year a bunch of san men took the supers test even though they aren't eligible because they got confused because it said you had to be in the position of supervisor or on the preferred list. They thought that meant the regular supervisor's list, but it doesn't.

That brings us to those preferred lists. If you are DQed from a medical this year, you can still appeal even though the appeal would take longer than the list would be active. The court of appeals is essentially overturning dsny's decision. They can't refuse you the right to appeal. If won, you'd go on a separate list and join the 5001 test guys next year.
Didn't know that. That's why you the man AWOL lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City