Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2014, 08:48 AM

60 posts, read 86,172 times

Advertisements

They must of went through 100 people already since friday

Old 09-24-2014, 09:00 AM

182 posts, read 290,381 times
You mean since Thursday, they were making calls since then. Chatting with my CDL instructor, he mentioned bunch of his students 5200 - 5400 received the call. He thinks it is still possible to reach lower 6000.

Old 09-24-2014, 09:03 AM

13 posts, read 17,427 times
Quick update for those who are waiting like me. I call AGAIN, I feel so bad for bothering them but to the point I spoke to a nice young lady again and asked her is tomorrow the last day they calling for October class, she ask my list #. I told her 59xx and she said "you should get a call" then I said to her " I know you cannot confirm I will get in but what you saying is I have a good chance" then she told me to hold and came back in and said "that I should since my folder is 4th in line to get called". I'm guessing I'm 4th in the bucket for the 5900s

Old 09-24-2014, 09:04 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shyy View Post
Okay just a followup to my own questions, HR called me to see why I didn't submit it yet.

Was told if you didn't get arrested, do not bother putting it down. If anything they will ask for disposition letter later if they need it.

If you are currently taking last semester at college you can leave the date blank also all they need is a high school degree nothing more.

Dates as long as approximate are okay, doesn't have to be exact.

You can bring in passport instead of birth certificate.

Hope this helps others

Allow me a moment to point out the glaring moment of stupidity in your statement to save others

Here mr. Shyyyyyyy says they told him not to write down the incident and if they need a disposition....they'll tell him "AT A LATER DATE" now keep in mind THERE IS NO LATER DATE which means they're doing the background check at FP and if they see it and want the disposition you're getting kicked out of FP, you're spending the next day going to get the disposition and then coming to do FP all over from the start the day after that ASSUMING it didn't fill cause they're not saving you a spot

Better to have too much than not enough. We go through this speech every class and my private message box is littered with guys that got tossed out of final processing because they were too lazy to bring certain items and they message me like I have some sort of magical pull that can help them

Old 09-24-2014, 09:09 AM

3,742 posts, read 6,394,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SanitationNotSanitarium View Post
Dont they already have the HS Diploma from Orientation when they took all info?
Gooood point. You wouldn't want to waste the effort bringing it again.

I mean maybe I made the copy of it last time you were there. Then as I went to put it in your folder, my wife called and started yelling at me because I forgot to do something and I stormed out of the room.....oh crap I forgot to put the copy of your high school diploma in your file. No big they'll just ask for it again at FP. Oh you didn't bring it cause it was too heavy? Ok you can just go home and get it and come back tomorrow instead

Oh that could never happen though cause people never make mistakes.....certainly not city employees. The city people always run everything smoothly

Old 09-24-2014, 09:14 AM

Which number you called, Im about to ask how my situation looks

Shyy - Were you in the cdl class that just finished?

Old 09-24-2014, 09:19 AM

coolcutta,

LOL wow what a nice confirmation!

SanitationNotSanitarium,

I was in the last week of August class

Old 09-24-2014, 09:24 AM

So we were together then hahahha. I sat towards the back of the class

Old 09-24-2014, 09:26 AM

1,757 posts, read 2,145,735 times
Hi guys does DSNY hire during a leap year? Also if i'm missing a limb and have one eye can i just get a note from my doctor saying i'm okay to hire?

Old 09-24-2014, 09:28 AM

I sat in second front row first seat, first to see when you open door.

AWOL,

I agree that was stupid of me, she sounded confident when she said. It is better to era on the safe side. I added back the violation. I am also going to bring all the paper that I brought in for orientation. Everyone should do that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanitationNotSanitarium View Post
So we were together then hahahha. I sat towards the back of the class
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City