Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2014, 12:12 PM

4 posts, read 8,429 times

Advertisements

Really confused!!!!
I came to new york few months ago and living in flushing, queens right now. I had serious plans to move to district 26 for my daughter's school this summer. But i need advice....

My daughter got into gifted and talented program in 3rd grade of a whitestone school (ps 79) The people at G&T say if i move, she can transfer to district 26 g&t only if they have space in new district and priority is given to students already in the district, not to newcomers.

I saw something in oakland gardens in zone of PS 46. do you think ps 46 is worth it to leave gifted program and move to oakland gardens???

or should i stay back in flushing and try out the whitestone school.....

thoughts about commuting from oakland gardens.....i dont want to use express buses or local buses. they would take 1 1/2 hours. i was planning to drive up to bayside lirr station and getting train there daily. would it be challenging? what about parking near bayside station??? is it manageable.

would love to hear your experiences and suggestions....

thanks a lot
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2014, 11:14 AM

3 posts, read 6,724 times
I grew up in Bayside and took the LIRR to work for over 10 years until I moved to North Flushing 3 years ago. You can definitely find parking, but may need to walk a few blocks. I still do this even today when I have to drop my daughter off at my parent’s house before work. I suggest looking for parking north east of the LIRR station, around All Saints Episcopal Church (215th st and 40th ave). There’s usually parking around there, and it’s a nice quiet residential area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: