Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 04:26 PM

1,521 posts, read 1,817,544 times

Advertisements

let me guess, this kid was going to take "college courses" in the future and was an outstanding citizen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2014, 04:27 PM

287 posts, read 593,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I had a grab-and-run. I chased the kid, I was also wearing heels, then my husband showed up and called the police while he chased him. The kid dropped the phone but got away. Morningside Avenue.

I confronted him before he ran, I believe I recall calling him a "brat." I was quite annoyed. The police laughed at first but then told me, DO NOT EVER do that. Give them what they want right away.

I have to say - you're one of my favorite posters (go ahead and blush) but I always thought you were a man. Not sure why. Something about your posts. My senses seemed to have failed me on this one. No offense intended, by the way.

Old 08-16-2014, 04:51 PM

6,885 posts, read 9,931,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libertarian1776 View Post
I have to say - you're one of my favorite posters (go ahead and blush) but I always thought you were a man. Not sure why. Something about your posts. My senses seemed to have failed me on this one. No offense intended, by the way.
People do assume that here, don't know why. I have pointed out many times that I am female.

Old 08-16-2014, 06:10 PM

31,910 posts, read 26,989,302 times
If it had been me? See starting at 1:58:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YHE5gxmvEQ8

Old 08-16-2014, 06:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Woman chases down, bearhugs alleged phone thief | New York Post

http://thenypost.files.wordpress.com...0&h=480&crop=1

This one is just too funny, so the 13 yr old thief was strong enough to knock the 36 yr old to the ground and take her phone but too fat to outrun her and got chased down and held until the cops showed up to arrest him.

Better put that extra large soda down next time.
Hahahaha,

White woman in heels and a dress chases down and catches pudgy out of shape black kid. *LOL*

Don't worry if this kid keeps up like he is doing sooner or later he'll enter the "Attica State Fitness Program". Their motto is "In just five to fifteen we can make you a man"...

Old 08-16-2014, 06:50 PM

8,105 posts, read 6,754,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
Hahahaha,

White woman in heels and a dress chases down and catches pudgy out of shape black kid. *LOL*

Don't worry if this kid keeps up like he is doing sooner or later he'll enter the "Attica State Fitness Program". Their motto is "In just five to fifteen we can make you a man"...
Or a women...lol

Old 08-16-2014, 07:18 PM

1,774 posts, read 2,048,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
I had a grab-and-run. I chased the kid, I was also wearing heels, then my husband showed up and called the police while he chased him. The kid dropped the phone but got away. Morningside Avenue.

I confronted him before he ran, I believe I recall calling him a "brat." I was quite annoyed. The police laughed at first but then told me, DO NOT EVER do that. Give them what they want right away.
Because of you your neighborhood became just a little bit more safe. Most law abiding native New Yorkers are numb when it comes to those things and just take it for what it is and may not even call the cops after being victimize. Applause

Old 08-16-2014, 08:03 PM

31 posts, read 38,403 times
Yes it was dangerous, but this woman is awesome!

Old 08-16-2014, 08:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by double-eagle View Post
Yes it was dangerous, but this woman is awesome!
Sometimes you just refuse to become another statistic.

You'd hear about females doing things like this back in the 1970's and 1980's the other great era in NYC for "purse snatching".

Back in the 1980's was walking in the Village near Fifth Avenue with a friend from school and suddenly two little black kids came running towards and pass us. In hot pursuit were two women yelling for anyone to stop them (the kids) as they had just snatched one of the female's purse. As we turned around and looked they acquired target and sank ship.

Quite honestly depending upon what this punk took I'd give chase as well. It is a royal PITA to deal with a stolen wallet/purse (driver's ID, credit cards, ID theft alerts, etc....) not to mention most persons have their lives on their phones.

Old 08-16-2014, 09:26 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
FYI, just make sure all you iphone users download "Find my iPhone" app and have a passcode enabled.

If a kid swipes your iphone, just immediately call the police and tell them you have the app and they will need your Apple ID, phone number and that's it. They can track down the iphone's whereabouts if the thieves have not turned off the iphone. If the police have not tracked down the iphone call your phone service and they will blacklist the phone for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City