Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 01:12 PM

1,087 posts, read 1,387,469 times

Advertisements

Stay single. Concentrate on school. When I was young and single I had motorcycles, drums, and all my money. Now being married I have debt, a house in the country, and a fricken Volvo, yeah me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2014, 02:21 PM

5,210 posts, read 4,672,866 times
You still seem to have an immigrant mentality because you differentiate yourself from Americans. In fact you consider yourself superior. People who think like you usually have some connections back home and that's how they find their girlfriends/wives. Otherwise they assimilate and learn to play by our rules and not consider themselves above everyone else. Unfortunately for you, you seem to have no such connections and yet you aren't measuring up to the women here.

Old 09-15-2014, 06:38 PM

This thread is rather odd.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:17 AM

6 posts, read 8,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armyvet1 View Post
This thread is rather odd.

yes, yes it is.

i have many friends from college, ranging from those who are still in medical school or are almost done with their residencies.

The ones in their residencies are ALL engaged by now (only speaking of the men), and usually with the woman also working to supplement the resident's small salary. And they are all very attractive (comparable to many NYC models). As for the ones who are still in medical school, finding a hot date has never been a problem for them. Just a story out of hundreds: I have a friend (24 at the time) who used to complain about this intern at his teaching hospital (she was 20 and highly attractive) with whom he was sleeping with, that she would not stop getting him to have an actual relationship with her. She didn't know she was just among the 4-5 women he was sleeping with every other night (lol). Like many of my med school friends, finding women to sleep with had never been an issue with him; the real issue was finding the time to actually *date* them and spend real quality time together.

When we used to go out to bars and clubs (in NYC, where else?), it was always funny watching some of them flash the "im a med student" or "im training to be a surgeon" cards...because it worked!

I don't know what OP is complaining about -- it is ESPECIALLY in NYC that more superficial attractive women are attracted to your financial situation than your other qualities. This is less so in other areas where women are more wholesome.

p.s. some of the attractive women I know who had dated med school guys back in college are now either engaged or dating bankers, corporate lawyers, or physicians in residencies. more anecdotal evidence that NYC is the place to be to find these guys of women. im only speaking of the ones who are still living here in NYC (where we all went to school together). personally, the superficiality of some people in this city is not my cup of tea, beyond the friday-night hookup and are not for long term relationship material, but that's just me.

the OP should love it here.

Old 09-17-2014, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntingyoudown2016 View Post
yes, yes it is.

i have many friends from college, ranging from those who are still in medical school or are almost done with their residencies.

The ones in their residencies are ALL engaged by now (only speaking of the men), and usually with the woman also working to supplement the resident's small salary. And they are all very attractive (comparable to many NYC models). As for the ones who are still in medical school, finding a hot date has never been a problem for them. Just a story out of hundreds: I have a friend (24 at the time) who used to complain about this intern at his teaching hospital (she was 20 and highly attractive) with whom he was sleeping with, that she would not stop getting him to have an actual relationship with her. She didn't know she was just among the 4-5 women he was sleeping with every other night (lol). Like many of my med school friends, finding women to sleep with had never been an issue with him; the real issue was finding the time to actually *date* them and spend real quality time together.

When we used to go out to bars and clubs (in NYC, where else?), it was always funny watching some of them flash the "im a med student" or "im training to be a surgeon" cards...because it worked!

I don't know what OP is complaining about -- it is ESPECIALLY in NYC that more superficial attractive women are attracted to your financial situation than your other qualities. This is less so in other areas where women are more wholesome.

p.s. some of the attractive women I know who had dated med school guys back in college are now either engaged or dating bankers, corporate lawyers, or physicians in residencies. more anecdotal evidence that NYC is the place to be to find these guys of women. im only speaking of the ones who are still living here in NYC (where we all went to school together). personally, the superficiality of some people in this city is not my cup of tea, beyond the friday-night hookup and are not for long term relationship material, but that's just me.

the OP should love it here.
I don't know about Doctors but I had some hawt German chics when I was in the Army. I lived in Germany for awhile, nice country, very cultural experience.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:35 PM

Well ladies of NYC I'm no brain surgeon but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:46 PM

1,418 posts, read 2,547,497 times
Post a pic of yourself, so we can really help you out

Old 09-17-2014, 08:49 PM

11 posts, read 23,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
As a physician, I have face-palmed at this thread.
Face.
Palm.
I'm a physican as well and I agree with you

Old 11-08-2014, 08:45 AM

2,427 posts, read 3,566,841 times
Why don't you find a good medical school to attend in Europe and find your woman there?! Attend school in the Czech Republic and find a hot woman there or from the Ukraine? They seem to be a dime a dozen. As far as NYC goes, there are plenty of people who live there from all over the world, I find it hard to believe you wouldn't meet someone from Europe there.

Old 11-08-2014, 02:35 PM

19,053 posts, read 13,968,817 times
Answer: not on city data.

Bonus answer: not by asking the question on city data.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City