Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2015, 08:34 AM

76 posts, read 127,299 times

Advertisements

My move-in date for Crossing was moved up from mid-September to the end of August! It looks like the higher Crossing floors, at least in the high 20s, are getting done sooner than expected. This will be much less stressful with a beginning of month move.

For anyone else out there who might want a slightly shifted Crossing move-in date - Don't bother your leasing rep about it because they probably can't do much; wait until after the income re-verification and an introductory email from the move-in coordinator. The coordinator was able to ask management about the earlier date and make it happen. It's all case by case, so there are no guarantees, but that's the process that worked for us.

Hope that's helpful info for someone! And I'd assume this process will be the same for Commons as the later leases get closer.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:41 AM

170 posts, read 315,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossingstenant View Post
My move-in date for Crossing was moved up from mid-September to the end of August! It looks like the higher Crossing floors, at least in the high 20s, are getting done sooner than expected. This will be much less stressful with a beginning of month move.

For anyone else out there who might want a slightly shifted Crossing move-in date - Don't bother your leasing rep about it because they probably can't do much; wait until after the income re-verification and an introductory email from the move-in coordinator. The coordinator was able to ask management about the earlier date and make it happen. It's all case by case, so there are no guarantees, but that's the process that worked for us.

Hope that's helpful info for someone! And I'd assume this process will be the same for Commons as the later leases get closer.
That is just what I was hoping to hear! My leasing rep gave me a September 1 move-in date, and my current lease is up on August 31. Being able to get in a day or two early would make life much easier. I really don't know how people normally deal with that gap between the old lease and the new lease.

Old 07-27-2015, 08:42 AM

103 posts, read 158,830 times
Quote:

Congratulations, that's excellent news! We were just contacted by the move-in coordinator over the weekend and I had replied to innocently ask if an earlier move-in is possible. We're scheduled for the end of August as well but even shifting up a few days would be a huge help to start getting the place ready!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by croquemme View Post
That is just what I was hoping to hear! My leasing rep gave me a September 1 move-in date, and my current lease is up on August 31. Being able to get in a day or two early would make life much easier. I really don't know how people normally deal with that gap between the old lease and the new lease.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICaviator View Post
Congratulations, that's excellent news! We were just contacted by the move-in coordinator over the weekend and I had replied to innocently ask if an earlier move-in is possible. We're scheduled for the end of August as well but even shifting up a few days would be a huge help to start getting the place ready!
Thanks! LICaviator - they said anything earlier than August 31 wasn't possible, but it's different for everyone based on exact apartments and when they can be finished, so it's definitely worth asking and I hope it works out for you!

Old 07-27-2015, 09:41 AM

103 posts, read 158,830 times
Quote:
Thanks! LICaviator - they said anything earlier than August 31 wasn't possible, but it's different for everyone based on exact apartments and when they can be finished, so it's definitely worth asking and I hope it works out for you!
Hmm, interesting. Did they say that no one can move in before 8/31 or just for the higher 20 floors?

Old 07-27-2015, 09:48 AM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
Quote:
Hmm, interesting. Did they say that no one can move in before 8/31 or just for the higher 20 floors?
I was definitely given an option of Aug 31st.....not in the higher 20 floors though.

Old 07-27-2015, 09:49 AM

357 posts, read 656,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bball212 View Post
Very helpful! Thanks!
You're welcome.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:09 AM

19 posts, read 28,397 times
Quote:
This page on the NYC BIS will become your new best friend. It'll show you when inspections are scheduled so you can keep an eye on how progress is going.

http://a810-bisweb.nyc.gov/bisweb/CO...allbin=4541370

As of now, the next inspection isn't yet scheduled but if you click on the "All Requirements" tab, you'll start to see updates and will be able to get a sense on how things are going. First you'll see things like "Elevator Signoff 90 Days" and then "Plumbing Signoff" and once those start to appear, you'll be close to seeing another TCO issued. If it's anything like Crossing, they seemed to go in batches of about 10 floors at a time.
Great. Thank you.

Old 07-27-2015, 10:17 AM

Quote:
No, that was for our specific unit on a high floor in the 20s. They said the unit would not be ready any earlier than the 31st. I assume lower apartments would be good to go, but it's all guesswork. Not only is it a matter of finishing the apartments, but they also have a carefully planned move-in schedule to mitigate so many people moving in at once.

Old 07-27-2015, 12:46 PM

4,774 posts, read 6,573,986 times
LICaviator, thanks for that link. Very interesting! I am wondering, I am trying to find out similar information for a different building now under construction. Is there a link you can provide to the search page? I'm finding info about the building, but not for upcoming inspections. Thanks for any help!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery