Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-24-2015, 06:46 AM

200 posts, read 374,671 times

Advertisements

Agreed - though Manhattan has many more people per square mile. Also, hope that like Manhattan, there will be lots of coffee shops!!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:01 AM

103 posts, read 230,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
Agreed - though Manhattan has many more people per square mile. Also, hope that like Manhattan, there will be lots of coffee shops!!
I would not oppose a little cafe in that retail space. I'll even take a Starbucks!

Old 02-24-2015, 09:38 AM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopamineDreams View Post
In Manhattan, there are some spots where Duane Reade/Walgreens is on every block. It wouldn't be totally uncommon to put Duane Reades two blocks away from each other. But I see what you mean!
There should be a CVS across from the Duane Reade/Walgreens, just like in Manhattan.

Old 02-24-2015, 09:47 AM

98 posts, read 154,927 times
I had handed some missing documents yesterday, so my interview is now complete. They have told me the waiting process is 6-8 weeks for a response. Not sure why so long.. maybe because they need time to reach out to landlords, employers, etc. :/

Old 02-24-2015, 11:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
I had handed some missing documents yesterday, so my interview is now complete. They have told me the waiting process is 6-8 weeks for a response. Not sure why so long.. maybe because they need time to reach out to landlords, employers, etc. :/
And they told me the waiting process is 2-3 weeks. I guess they're getting backed up and things are taking longer than expected.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
And they told me the waiting process is 2-3 weeks. I guess they're getting backed up and things are taking longer than expected.
Yes it makes much sense that they are backed up. The interviewer told me they are very busy and have not had time to check his emails as well. Its all a waiting game lol.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkandblack93 View Post
Yes it makes much sense that they are backed up. The interviewer told me they are very busy and have not had time to check his emails as well. Its all a waiting game lol.
There must be a more efficient way of doing this. They just haven't figured it out yet. I'm pretty sure you don't have to personally verify everything an applicant puts on their application. As long as the documents provided are up to date, there shouldn't be much of a problem. Granted, income, assets, and other forms of currency should be verified. But what's really significant is the background check, which includes credit as well as housing court. Those are the biggest concerns.

Old 02-24-2015, 12:55 PM

Quote:
There must be a more efficient way of doing this. They just haven't figured it out yet. I'm pretty sure you don't have to personally verify everything an applicant puts on their application. As long as the documents provided are up to date, there shouldn't be much of a problem. Granted, income, assets, and other forms of currency should be verified. But what's really significant is the background check, which includes credit as well as housing court. Those are the biggest concerns.
I completely agree. I feel like they are all over the place. Hopefully things get settled down. I agree that income, assets, and credit check are highly important. I remember the interviewer told me he was going to send forms to my doctor (disability) and employer to fill out, I think that also slows down the process. I'm assuming move-ins will start in May or June.

Also, my number is in the 10,000s, so I'm just grateful I even had an interview.

Good luck to everyone!

Old 02-24-2015, 01:02 PM

200 posts, read 374,671 times
Quote:

They also told me 2-3 weeks. I wonder if that depends on middle or low income, too. Im sure this also depends on the person's file - whether there is questionable information that needs to be investigated. Hope we hear sooner rather than later!!

Old 02-24-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll7304 View Post
They also told me 2-3 weeks. I wonder if that depends on middle or low income, too. Im sure this also depends on the person's file - whether there are questionable information that need to be investigated. Hope we hear sooner rather than later!!
That could make sense. I am in the low income range so maybe its a longer process for us. Btw, did they charge you for any credit checks? Because I wasnt..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City > New York City Housing Lottery