Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 12:02 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 11KAP View Post
^ they're obviously black.
You mean they aren't dark skinned Hasidic thugs.....wow, that sure does surprise me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 01:18 PM

3,244 posts, read 5,242,334 times
Quote:
being a thug is not a culture. someone is confused here.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi.../Thug_Life.gif
http://images.rapgenius.com/1252f8ba....448x448x1.jpg
Quote:
I hope the young lady will be ok and the so-called thugs get what they deserve.
Mighty white of you!

Old 10-21-2014, 01:30 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,383,938 times
1. Hipster is not artsy fartsy person it is a person who is yuppie living on their parents grant money. You do not have to be an artsy person to be an hipster and just because it is an woman who has a nice figure does not mean anything about art world.

2. That was just some random girl walking down the street. Could be a cousin of yours or even somebodies wife, maybe they might be pregnant or graduated from middle school. Seriously that is not cool.

3. This thing could have been setup. All my life I know one thing we do not do ( unless via the circumstances ) is beat up women. That was ugly. They "boxed" her in the face, and she would not let go of her bags. Terrible omgsh it was horrible to even see that at all. I will admit I am for the "sexual" terms of physical contact but this is like watching my mother or even grand mother being attacked out of nowhere. That could even be my daughter.

4. Those were not men, or monsters. They are programmed people who need to turn themselves in and just fess up to the law that what they did was wrong and they should be rightfully punished for it. The person could have been disabled.

Old 10-21-2014, 02:45 PM

620 posts, read 1,073,663 times
This is unfortunate.. But see gentrys what happens to "poineers" LOL... Up and coming neighborhood it is ahhaha

Old 10-21-2014, 03:01 PM

8,011 posts, read 11,405,966 times

A tattoo on Tupac (r.i.p.) does not define what those guys did as being a culture and I'm not white, no thank you. you're still confused because tupac defined his tattoo a long time ago and it wasn't about robbing people. go back and find out what it meant before you discredit him.

anyway, I didn't mean to rain on your parade, so see ya.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:03 PM

3,445 posts, read 6,066,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Popfizz View Post
This is unfortunate.. But see gentrys what happens to "poineers" LOL... Up and coming neighborhood it is ahhaha
The true pioneers of the old west knew what they were facing...hostile Indians...and they were armed to defend themselves.

In this situation, we have the typical liberal millennial who never was around black thugs but was told that diversity was good and prejudice was bad and old white men were evil.

Then she moved to Crown Heights and decides to take a lovely evening stroll.

Old 10-21-2014, 03:21 PM

9,247 posts, read 24,080,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30to66at55 View Post
The true pioneers of the old west knew what they were facing...hostile Indians...and they were armed to defend themselves.

In this situation, we have the typical liberal millennial who never was around black thugs but was told that diversity was good and prejudice was bad and old white men were evil.

Then she moved to Crown Heights and decides to take a lovely evening stroll.
Not at all.According to various reports,the victim was not white and lived in Crown Heights with her family… i.e,she probably grew up there.The attack happened near her family's home and her father heard her screams and was at the ambulance before it left the scene.

So can we stop now with all the creativity about her being a transplant hipster who moved to Crown Heights to be a pioneer ? It's all just complete and total BS.

I know everyone is just salivating for a couple of white hipster pioneer chicks from Ohio to get murdered in a gentrifying neighborhood but this isn't it.

Last edited by bluedog2; 10-21-2014 at 03:34 PM..

Old 10-21-2014, 05:15 PM

379 posts, read 517,860 times
Crown Heights is still a dangerous neighborhood. It amazes me that people, of all colors and backgrounds, are so tuned out of their surroundings. I sat at a traffic light in Manhattan and counted how many people were crossing a very busy street who were glued to their smartphones. Just about everyone crossing i/f/o me was looking down or wearing headphones and not paying attention to anything.

I'm not saying anyone "asks" to get robbed or attacked. But it seems to me that many people are just so zoned out these days they are unaware of their surroundings and don't anticipate any risks or dangers.

Old 10-21-2014, 07:40 PM

Quote:
A tattoo on Tupac ... does not define what those guys did as being a culture
It's not a culture, in any positive sense. It's a lifestyle. A degenerate lifestyle. If these thugs are arrested, you think any of them will have jobs? More likely, extensive criminal records.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
the victim was not white and lived in Crown Heights with her family… i.e,she probably grew up there.The attack happened near her family's home and her father heard her screams and was at the ambulance before it left the scene.
Victim of vicious attack in Crown Heights prayed for her life as she was tossed to the ground and punched in the face - NY Daily News
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City