Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 02:53 PM

2,625 posts, read 3,411,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post
Hey Riu,

Well, since you asked, as a point of reference, you are right at 2.0 posts per day.

KefirKing is about 8.7 but what prompted my thread is that Mathjak107 posts at the rate of 10.0 today.

I am not being critical of anyone's right to free speech, it's just I can't imagine posting that many times, day after day, year after year. On one of my earlier threads, Kefir gave me incredible advice and we may have even had a couple of messages back in forth. So, no criticism is intended, only my tongue in cheek title to this thread.

Found Kefir's numbers today while trying to figure out who got my attention last night.

If my recall is correct (which it may or may not be), Mathjak posts many PHOTOGRAPHS over the course of time . . . not just simply textual postings. So that may account for the high count. And I very, very much value photographic postings of geographic areas.

So keep on keepiing on, Mathjak! The more postings (especially photographic), the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 02:55 PM

1,119 posts, read 2,652,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by availableusername View Post
Literally 3,000 of my posts are battling SobroGuy
He is gone and you have won the battle. Congrads.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:25 PM

34,017 posts, read 47,240,427 times
Correct me if I'm wrong, but our resident financial guru is retired, so he has the time.
Also many of his posts are highly informative...a true wealth of knowledge.

Forum TOS: //www.city-data.com/forumtos.html

Old 10-23-2014, 05:38 PM

5,720 posts, read 20,042,151 times
Been here for a long time and I average 1.95 posts a day. In my prime I was probably 5-7 posts a day back in 2008-2010. But I matured and have lost ALOT of interest in this forum.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:42 PM

35,095 posts, read 51,212,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeSurfer View Post
I am a keyboard psychologist..I agree with Total Kaos. If you post a lot then you must have no life....end thread..

Whether you think someone has no life or not does not really matter, it is their choice how to spend their time not yours.

Does their choice directly affect you?
Do you pay them by the hour and they are using your equipment and time?

I have a life but I post a lot as well, both are none of your concern.

Original Poster: Perhaps a better hobby would be not worrying with how others post on this forum and spend their time that is their's to spend as they choose without asking permission from anyone.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:43 PM

9,246 posts, read 24,066,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMario View Post
Been here for a long time and I average 1.95 posts a day. In my prime I was probably 5-7 posts a day back in 2008-2010. But I matured and have lost ALOT of interest in this forum.
You came as a boy and now you are a man.We are proud of you.

This is my 3rd and last post today.

Old 10-24-2014, 03:11 AM

4,294 posts, read 4,424,318 times
I appreciate this forum. This is one of the few places that New Yorkers can actually communicate with each other without throwing up walls....or looking down on your cell phone.

As long as the topic is interesting I will post. The best part about it is its free entertainment !

Old 10-24-2014, 03:21 AM

1,608 posts, read 1,483,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalKaos View Post
I just noticed that a poster, a long time member of this forum, has posted an average of 10 times every single day for almost 3,000 days. That's weekends, holidays, sick days and vacations.

I think that's an incredible number of posts per day.

Can anyone approach an average of 10 posts per day? Just curious,

Certainly, but not on this forum. 'They' delete my posts here faster than I can write them, so I tend to keep my visits spaced and... brief.

On another forum, of which I'm a member, I often post 10+ posts a day, but it doesn't swallow all my time - perhaps a couple of hours at most - so I do have a life in 'meatworld,' a busy, happy, and satisfying one.

Mahrie.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:22 AM

106,578 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UsAll View Post
If my recall is correct (which it may or may not be), Mathjak posts many PHOTOGRAPHS over the course of time . . . not just simply textual postings. So that may account for the high count. And I very, very much value photographic postings of geographic areas.

So keep on keepiing on, Mathjak! The more postings (especially photographic), the better.

Old 10-24-2014, 04:26 AM

106,578 posts, read 108,713,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog2 View Post
The world would be a much better place if everyone's posts were 1/10 as informative as mathjak's .Most of his posts aren't even on the NYC forum but on finance,investing and retirement planning.He freely gives sage advice that he could make big bucks for and he obviously has another life as evidenced by his photo threads.In addition to his posts,he is also quite willing to give pretty good investment advice via dm if anyone asks for it,which I have.On top of all his informative contributions to many forums and his obviously stellar photography hobby I believe he is also married ,still fully employed,though nearing retirement and for a long time managed to also deal with a second home in Pa. Sounds like a pretty full life to me.

Instead of calling out peoples quantity of posts,it's the quality(or lack thereof) that people should be called on.

I think mathjak has quite rightfully won "the most informative poster" award ….maybe twice.
thanks.

lets face it 10 posts is about 10-15 minutes in real time. it really takes no time at all to post.

i think most folks spend 10x that in a day checking their i-phones.

it really is no different than texting.

i only work part time and in fact will totally stop july 31st at 4:30 pm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
View detailed profiles of: