Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:51 AM

88 posts, read 84,781 times

Advertisements

i think it's disgusting how much racism is going on here, it's just awful... i don't hear this kind of talk on the streets, but here everyone thinks it's ok... moderators should be deleting many of the threads on here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:27 AM

3,738 posts, read 3,474,654 times
Can you please cite actual examples of Racism? I'll wait for proper links and quotes.

Or are you one of those who see Racism in anything someone posts that you disagree with?

Old 02-20-2017, 09:30 AM

954 posts, read 940,201 times
The internet gives people the ability to say things they don't have the balls to say in real life.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:48 AM

602 posts, read 1,264,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Principle Lewis View Post
Deport them all! Why stop there? Why not just kill them all too? Why even stop there? Let's kill the minorities too.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:50 AM

954 posts, read 940,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daaver View Post
I would make fun of a racist that in real life just like I would on the internets.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:55 AM

11,445 posts, read 10,492,443 times
This site feels like Stormfront Junior sometimes

Old 02-20-2017, 10:09 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,373,234 times
There is more racism on the internet just because the racists in the population converge on sites like this to spew and shock.

That said, if you are mortally offended by some of the racist crap that gets on here, just report the post. There is a little red triangle shaped button in the upper right hand corner of every post that allows you to do this.

Just be aware that just because you perceive something as racist doesn't mean others will. In some places there is a concept called 'architectural racism", an example would be like a staircase being racist because only white people tend to use it.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:15 AM

1,015 posts, read 1,198,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
This site feels like Stormfront Junior sometimes
Exactly, I brought this issue up before and not only did the moderators ignore it but they proceeded to close the thread because so many people agreed and the biggest racists on the thread were using the thread to throw a tantrum.

It's actually one of the reasons I hardly post on here anymore, especially don't get dragged down in the political debates; I can't stand the open white nationalism of G-Dale, Airborneguy, DSNY, and others.

The internet provides cover for neo-Nazis to spread their filth without being identified, along with Stormfront City-Data seems to fast becoming one of the top destinations for online fascists.

Old 02-20-2017, 11:26 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,056,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patshep View Post
i think it's disgusting how much racism is going on here, it's just awful... i don't hear this kind of talk on the streets, but here everyone thinks it's ok... moderators should be deleting many of the threads on here.
I agree. Their is lots of racism on city data. I have to admit, I have said things stereotypical about certain ethnic groups, but I'm far from a racist myself, and pride myself with real diversity. RIght now in this country their is a huge war on language. If I use the word deplorable, or middle American, these words might take account plenty of offense due to ones lack of education and middle American meaning geographic location. Because of what is going on in this country, the first amendment right in in jeopardy due to liberals who want free press, but are fighting against the language or negative rhetoric language, while on the opposite side, Trumpettes are against fake news, and against the press, but on the flip side. Trumpettes want to use freedom of speech to say anything and everything on any platform which they have a right too except those with TOS agreement which can be breached. So far, we cant do nothing much about peoples actions, use of language and rhetoric. MY best bet is for you to move on, and complain to site managers. Don't be an online social justice warrior which is a waste of time. Don't be upset about complaining about racist rhetoric about other persons online, but at the same time, you don't want your kids to attend the same schools with deplorable blacks and whites. The hypocrisy needs to stop!

As of right now the US is going through 3 major problems due economics of this country. One is the party war between Republicans and Democrats, and intra party war between Republican establishment VS Trumpettes, Tea Party and Alt Right. Democrats have a civil war brewing against the Democrat liberal establishment which sees eye to eye with Republican establishment, vs the Berniecrats which have similar aspects of the Trump movement/tea party movement but more left.

Than you have race issues in this country flared up. Americans vs immigrant, White vs black, Christian vs Muslim black Americans vs black immigrants, college educated vs non educated.

Than you have the class warfare due to income inequality that has grown out of country from the days of Ronald Reagan, to the end of Obama Presidency. Liberal cities like NYC, DC and San Francisco are harbingers of great wealth and bastions of American liberalism. Places like NYC, DC faired greatly during the great recession while other places in this country faltered. Even liberals use disgusting language such as calling uneducated persons deplorable because they are uneducated, or calling someone from "fly over country" Hillary Clinton called 2/3 of the country deplorable. Their is plenty of racial hypocrisy in liberal cities. You don't see liberals protesting about bombing the crap out Muslims in Syria, yet they support their rights to come to America with open arms? Or fighting for better schools in urban areas, while at the same time liberal parents bus their kids to better, more affluent, and predominantly white schools. Right now our constitution is in doubt because of liberals who want to stop anti hate language, or trumpettes who want to suppress the media, which I agree with media is fake news, but they have the right to publish.

Last edited by Bronxguyanese; 02-20-2017 at 11:48 AM..

Old 02-20-2017, 11:32 AM

6,509 posts, read 8,460,743 times
True. But it goes with the territory, being online. Plus, as a Black man, it gives me a lot of perspective into how some people really think. Some of the viewpoints on here, some people are comfortable enough to talk about in person, and some aren't.

But I've also found that a lot of viewpoints people would consider to be racist a lot of people are comfortable expressing to me (not necessarily about me in general but about other Blacks) but may not necessarily express to my peers. Then I'm in the uncomfortable position, because of what I am (having been found in that position because of who I am). Some people just want to vent. I'd rather they do it on the internet than to go out committing hate crimes. In the case of other forums like Stormfront that probably happens anyway but from what I can gather people on C-D are just blowing a lot of hot air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City