Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 08:31 AM

12,115 posts, read 33,689,401 times

Advertisements

doom dan is never nasty but ive never seen miss trish before. is um, doom dan now trish?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 08:31 AM

168 posts, read 349,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlrl View Post
well, Trish, considering how many posters have been nasty to me, my post, while not a good one, is at least honest
Fair point.

Old 02-07-2015, 08:40 AM

168 posts, read 349,493 times
Quote:
doom dan is never nasty but ive never seen miss trish before. is um, doom dan now trish?!
No. And my post wasn't "nasty," just frustrated. It's like Yahoo Answers, where people who have no idea but nevertheless feel the need to weigh in with incorrect and confusing information or "I don't know." There's no shame in not knowing the answer to a question, and thus not contributing wrong information.

The OP was asking for details you couldn't provide, yet you not only responded anyway, but responded with misleading and inaccurate information that other posters spent the rest of the thread correcting. How did that help the OP?

I'm sorry if I came off as nasty, but it was very frustrating to see a simple question turned into a confusing maze of misinformation that several people had to dissect and controvert. It could have been avoided.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:08 AM

31 posts, read 40,336 times
If you can take the 4 train it is a better line than the D train, take the 4 to 59th and Lexington transfer to the R train I see a lot of students doing this in reverse going to Bronx Science.

Old 02-07-2015, 09:09 AM

i personally don't think you have the right to tell another poster not to post something as this is a public forum. the average poster who sees a less then good post will simply gloss over it until they find a post of their liking

but knowing that i have a bad temper towards attitudes like yours im going to permanently sign off and not respond to you again. im not going to have this escalate and damage my already compromised health the way it is

Old 02-07-2015, 04:04 PM

4,840 posts, read 9,917,376 times
Quote:
i personally don't think you have the right to tell another poster not to post something as this is a public forum. the average poster who sees a less then good post will simply gloss over it until they find a post of their liking

but knowing that i have a bad temper towards attitudes like yours im going to permanently sign off and not respond to you again. im not going to have this escalate and damage my already compromised health the way it is
I personally don't have anything against your first post. It makes sense for you to respond since you live near Norwood and also makes sense that you were unsure about the trains that go to Forest Hills since you live nowhere near here and likely very rarely come here. You even stated it yourself that you weren't so sure.

Me personally I'm not 100% sure which train serves Norwood, all I know is that it's either the 4 or D, or maybe both....?

Old 02-07-2015, 04:11 PM

yeah its the D and the 4.

i think i remember you posted something to me awhile ago about Westchester Village or at least i think it was you

about the first post, yes, i even said let somebody else give the OP directions cos they are likely to know better than me

Last edited by rlrl; 02-07-2015 at 04:43 PM..

Old 02-07-2015, 04:44 PM

Quote:
yeah its the D and the 4.

i think i remember you posted something to me awhile ago about Westchester Village or at least i think it was you

about the first post, yes, i even said let somebody else give the OP directions cos they are likely to know better than me
I remember the Morris Park thread I made in late summer, don't remember any other posts.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:54 PM

speaking of Queens, my parents brought me home to 66th Ave and 111th street in Forest Hills when i was born. lived there for 2 years before moving to W Nyack

dad took us there for a tour in 1977. he said it reminded him of North Riverdale where my maternal grandmother lived. he felt the area had changed

how far is that from Forest Hills Gardens and the 71st avenue stop? what is it like there today?

Old 02-07-2015, 05:00 PM

Quote:
speaking of Queens, my parents brought me home to 66th Ave and 111th street in Forest Hills when i was born. lived there for 2 years before moving to W Nyack

dad took us there for a tour in 1977. he said it reminded him of North Riverdale where my maternal grandmother lived. he felt the area had changed

how far is that from Forest Hills Gardens and the 71st avenue stop? what is it like there today?
Not far at all, only a block or 2 southwest of the 71 Ave/ Queens Blvd intersection. FHG is a beautiful area.

I always thought Riverdale was very similar. Both are heavily Jewish, have a mix of suburban sections and apartments, and both very upper middle class?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > New York City